Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

4-0 on our trip up north and then our trip to Buffalo. You have to congratulate the kid's and the coach. I was starting to get concerned we were relying to heavily on Zizek's line, but I thought line 2-4 were excellent all weekend, some times the line 1 will put up a goose egg and you need the other lines to get the win. Richer should be SUNYAC goalie of the week.
    I called this a trap game, no emotion/energy after big/important win the night before but we played very well considering the trap. Overall I fill the SUNYAC is week this year. Plattsburgh having a down year etc. I think we may struggle in the NCAA tournament against the big dogs but in the SUNYAC we have a very good chance.
    Good for Pelnik getting the game winner last night, this team really is a team.

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Great weekend, coaches have the players dialed in,as stated this could have been a trap game but it was balls to the walls all game,got chippy but we had good discipline as well.Richer again was there when needed,got onto the score sheet with a 2 min trip as well....special teams were just that special,nice PP and pen kill.Defense played strong and we out played them most of the way.....BIG showdown Fri night...

Comment

Great weekend from the Lakers... #1 seed looking very good. I have to say I wish they would try to cut back on ties, ten so far in the SUNYAC this season. Instead of a 5x5 overtime for 5min how about a 3x3... lots of action and certainly more chances to score. How about a trial run in Div. III?

Comment

• Originally posted by skipperbob View Post
          Great weekend from the Lakers... #1 seed looking very good. I have to say I wish they would try to cut back on ties, ten so far in the SUNYAC this season. Instead of a 5x5 overtime for 5min how about a 3x3... lots of action and certainly more chances to score. How about a trial run in Div. III?
          Or a shootout which is allowed just not adopted by sunyac.

Comment

Originally posted by skipperbob View Post
            Good idea maybe start with non-confrence games then go to the YAC games.

Comment

While vising my parents this weekend I took in the Platty - Potsdam game. 2 things I took away from Platty was the big d-man had differently developed into a really good d-man. The bigger take away was their PP. Nice and simple. Shoot the puck on net and have McCarthey put the rebound in the net. McCarthey is really tough in front of the net. Plants himself there and is very hard to move out.
              Oswego '88

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                While vising my parents this weekend I took in the Platty - Potsdam game. 2 things I took away from Platty was the big d-man had differently developed into a really good d-man. The bigger take away was their PP. Nice and simple. Shoot the puck on net and have McCarthey put the rebound in the net. McCarthey is really tough in front of the net. Plants himself there and is very hard to move out.
                Oswego '88
                I think they are also on top with SHG's had 8 last time I looked. Also we are one of the least penalized teams in the land
                Last edited by bakdraft21; 02-06-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by skipperbob View Post
                  I like the WCHA
                  5x5 for 5 minutes (NCAA win or loss) 3 points win
                  3x3 for 5 minutes (NCAA tie) 2 points win, 1 point loss
                  shootout (NCAA tie) 2 points win, 1 point loss
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

There was a committee that proposed 3v3 in OT two years ago but it never passed.

Comment

Huge tilt tonight, Lakers need to bring it and wrap up the 1 seed, physical and play smart and we can win, can't have the mistakes to allow Genny advantage breaks their breakaways have hurt us before and Morrisville pulled quite a few. Genny will finish them.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                        Huge tilt tonight, Lakers need to bring it and wrap up the 1 seed, physical and play smart and we can win, can't have the mistakes to allow Genny advantage breaks their breakaways have hurt us before and Morrisville pulled quite a few. Genny will finish them.
                        Geneseo does have some excellent, excellent finishers. This has the making to be a very entertaining game. (And most likely a preview of the SUNYAC championship.)

I hope the snow holds off enough for me to make it up there.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

For all intrepid hockey travelers the current weather predicted today has the lake effect ending at 1:09. I was pleased to get up this morning to find no snow in the Oz. At 9:00 there is no snow. So Russell please come tonight, it looks to be a great college hockey game

Comment

we need to stay out of the box,which we have been doing very well this year,yes no breakaways,they have some skilled forwards,if we play 3 periods of Oswego 2018 hockey we should come out on top..more important whats the weather look like for Whiteout weekend??

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                              For all intrepid hockey travelers the current weather predicted today has the lake effect ending at 1:09. I was pleased to get up this morning to find no snow in the Oz. At 9:00 there is no snow. So Russell please come tonight, it looks to be a great college hockey game
                              The problem is there is another storm coming through Western NY starting this afternoon which will make it's way into Central NY and lasting till Sunday. But it doesn't have all the much snow with it, at least not at a high rate.

I wasn't worried about the lake effect, but this storm.

But, I'm going to try.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                                more important whats the weather look like for Whiteout weekend??
                                Looks like my wife is going to be dragging me up to Ottawa's Winterlude for that weekend. (And you will be interested in knowing the Rangers happen to be playing in Ottawa when I'm up there.)

But quite frankly, I expect tonight's game to be much better than anything that takes place next weekend, intense rivalry notwithstanding.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X