Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Nice win from what I could see,bad fuzzy feed...Nice to see Ferreira with 2,and Richer stoning Mville on a breakaway in the 3rd..Coaches did a great job with them,could have been a let down game after the Utica game.Gillespie had a nice move then looked to have picked up his own rebound,he is starting to produce,watch out.Lets get 2pts tonight.

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Hansen gets the call tonight....15 min to puck drop.
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

What a difference 24 hrs makes. Genny ties Potsdam 1 - 1 and then puts up 7 on Plattsburgh. We had a nice defensive game Friday and then Pelnik and Mac decide to play women's hockey and not check anyone which cost us 2 goals for not putting a body on the Mustang player which allows him to just skate in and get off a nice shot = goal. Our PP has reverted back to lets pass the puck around and then WHIFF on the pass. Hansen make some great saves especially on the man down break aways. Glad to see he had a good game. Ohh what about the 3 or 4 break aways that Morrisville had with being a man down. We had a really nice first period then we got lax and allowed Morrisville to come back. This weekend should have been a tune up for the big next weekend with Freddy and Buff St. The road the to end is a very difficult one I just hope the young men are up to it. I am not even joing to talk about the refs for they will never get any better. Maybe it is me for I have not seen a new ref or linesmen in a long time. It would be nice to see some younger officiating on the ice who can keep up with the players.
        Oswego'88

Comment

It's hard to beat anyone twice in 24 hours in their own rink. If you rate every game in the schedule, for bringing energy and excitement, I would put this game the hardest with the Hobart game. There was lot's of negative in game 2, stuff we have seen before (PP, penalties) but we didn't allow a goal for over 5 periods (thank you Cedric & Richer). I'm not surprised things got scary in game 2. Gosek won't be happy, but the players didn't pick the schedule. We got the 4 points and Cedric got a win and his game back.

Yes it would be nice to have the PP all tuned up for the trip to Buffalo, but that didn't happen and probable won't. We just don't have anyone on the team with a big shot from distance. Last year we had Hulsof, Galatti and Johnson on the PP. Not sure there is any solution for it.
          Totally agree at least 4 of the last 6 games should be very close, things could go either way, but is there anyone in the conference who is better then us? Sure there are teams equal to us (Buf, Gen). but I give us a good chance against anyone. 1st seed would be nice, and I think we can get it but winning in the playoffs would be nicer.

Comment

A wins a win...Flat 2nd and third,lost discipline,2 players with 2 penalties,lazy pens at that tripping hooking etc..We also didnt bury them when we had the chances, Hansen nice save on the breakaway,they had to many over the weekend, a skilled team,Genny will kill us with that..Dmen need to body up as stated by DIII,if they are not scoring goals,we have 2 dman goals now they had better start laying the lumber with the schedule we have coming up.Congrats to Novick on the goal.Gillespie has started to ignite as stated before he will be big down the stretch run.We also got our 1st shorty,an ENG but it counts.Lakers fans sounded great nice job.We have a few forwards that need to start burring their chances, enough stick handling and fancy stuff,thats not the Oswego style this season.Buckle up,we are in for a big vs. Buff st,in a barn we have not looked good the last few yrs,and Freddy played them close all weekend as well.
            Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-28-2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
              What a difference 24 hrs makes. Genny ties Potsdam 1 - 1 and then puts up 7 on Plattsburgh. We had a nice defensive game Friday and then Pelnik and Mac decide to play women's hockey and not check anyone which cost us 2 goals for not putting a body on the Mustang player which allows him to just skate in and get off a nice shot = goal. Our PP has reverted back to lets pass the puck around and then WHIFF on the pass. Hansen make some great saves especially on the man down break aways. Glad to see he had a good game. Ohh what about the 3 or 4 break aways that Morrisville had with being a man down. We had a really nice first period then we got lax and allowed Morrisville to come back. This weekend should have been a tune up for the big next weekend with Freddy and Buff St. The road the to end is a very difficult one I just hope the young men are up to it. I am not even joing to talk about the refs for they will never get any better. Maybe it is me for I have not seen a new ref or linesmen in a long time. It would be nice to see some younger officiating on the ice who can keep up with the players.
              Oswego'88
              Watched several ticky tacky penalties called this weekend,interference,or some other b.s.,glad I'm not playing with the refs and the rules they have to put up with,hit a player hard and its automatically a roughing penalty,roughing used to be when you punched a player 2 or 5 times without dropping your gloves,now if the glass makes a big sound or the crowd yells its a roughing call
              Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-28-2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

First official prospect commit - Robert Clerc - Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL)

Gosek, Digby and Whitelaw have been keeping their eye out on Kingston for a while, and Clerc made a visit during the fall. Funny story, my friend at WTOP's step-cousin is dating Robert, so that's how I learned about his interest, but wanted to keep it on the DL before anything was official.

Some incredibly impressive #'s - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=229623

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                  First official prospect commit - Robert Clerc - Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL)

Gosek, Digby and Whitelaw have been keeping their eye out on Kingston for a while, and Clerc made a visit during the fall. Funny story, my friend at WTOP's step-cousin is dating Robert, so that's how I learned about his interest, but wanted to keep it on the DL before anything was official.

Some incredibly impressive #'s - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=229623
                  Certainly good junior numbers for that league. One note, potentially a little high on the PIMs. Only thing that really jumped out to me. But that's junior league hockey and there is fighting so that can pad your PIM stats quick.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Looks to be a nice pick-up and he's a local kid to me,agree with Prez,both coach Gosek and Mcshane like those PIM's low...just ask Salvucci after he sits ALL weekend...

Comment

https://www.oswegonian.com/2018/02/0...edits-support/
                      LakerEagleLover

Comment

Nice article,shows it is not an ez thing to get those 300wins but with good people and assistant coaches around him he reached a BIG milestone and we hope for a whole bunch more.

Comment

Big game tonight,with Buff st losing only 1 time in the past 14 games and we have lost bad the last 2 trips to the bengaland..Hope we can get off to a fast start and play a full 60 mins as that is what it will take tonight,must also keep disciplined as Buff st has been known to rough it up at times....Go Lakers..

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            Big game tonight,with Buff st losing only 1 time in the past 14 games and we have lost bad the last 2 trips to the bengaland..Hope we can get off to a fast start and play a full 60 mins as that is what it will take tonight,must also keep disciplined as Buff st has been known to rough it up at times....Go Lakers..
                            ...it was a fast start, alright!!!
                            LakerEagleLover

Comment

So much for the fast start, didnt get to watch to much of the game,hanging with an old Onondaga suitemate,had the game on but rum and cigars took over,did see the Pelnik shot heard around the world,CONGRATS to him on his first,I also like the way Gillespie jumped off the bench to congratulate him and Herlihy jumped off the bench to get the puck,shows you something..Nice win,hope we keep it up tonight,this is a tough road trip....

Comment

5 Goals, 3-5 for PPlay, shutout on the road....Green Machine is rolling...plenty of hockey left.
                                LakerEagleLover

Comment

Working...
                                X