Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Quote Originally Posted by coasttocoast View Post
    What did they say about Brun & Rutowski, I missed it.
    Said they'd be back early just maybe not first couple.

Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    only caught a little,nolan must have been a club goalie or maybe a stalker Eddie called him a walkon........didnt hear about the dmen??
    Gosek didn't say today whether or not Nolan would play on Saturday. Was a three-sport (Football, Hockey, Lacrosse) athlete at Queensbury. Not sure if Brun and Rutkowski will be in for Saturday.

Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Quote Originally Posted by BKrosky View Post
    Gosek didn't say today whether or not Nolan would play on Saturday. Was a three-sport (Football, Hockey, Lacrosse) athlete at Queensbury. Not sure if Brun and Rutkowski will be in for Saturday.
    Welcome to the thread/board.......I doubt we will see Nolan sat night, would imagine Richer gets most of the playing time and Hansen a periodish..Will be nice to see what combos we start off with as well

2017/18 new roster is up ...

2017/18 new roster is up ...
    Goaltending was excellent. Power play ok at best, got the big 2nd goal.
    Brun looked rusty. Gilliispie with the pp sniper. Cchl always a good test, made us look ugly at times. zizek good, herlihey played like herlihey. I liked Novak and Allen. Emerson and Sullivan played well.

My take, defense looked good, blocked a lot of shots, grinded the whole way down, just struggled getting it back out of our zone. Offense was missing for a while before it seemed they got more comfortable, tried to run some set plays and that was promising. Lack a speed demon, and overall team speed was not that impressive. Will need to have great passing to undress teams, don't see us doing it just head to head racing.

Also CCHL's goal came off I believe Campbell's stick, he slammed Down to block it and it rode the blade and took an extreme angle chage into our net. But hey at least he was trying.

Quote Originally Posted by OZrebel View Post
    My take, defense looked good, blocked a lot of shots, grinded the whole way down, just struggled getting it back out of our zone. Offense was missing for a while before it seemed they got more comfortable, tried to run some set plays and that was promising. Lack a speed demon, and overall team speed was not that impressive. Will need to have great passing to undress teams, don't see us doing it just head to head racing.
    I also noticed we were not that fast. Maybe cchl was very fast. But we were also bigger then I thought we would look.

Only caught the last 2 periods,....First the CCHL boys have about 20 games under their belts,not as a team but they are game ready,that may have something to do with the speed?? Netminding looked very good with several nice stops,we also looked aggressive IFO our net...Pelnick mixed it up a few times with # 14...Nice goal by Gillespie,waited then shelfed it..We will have to grid more goals this yr for sure,dont have the straight up talent on offense as we did last yr..Didnt really see enough of any one player for comment....crowd looked good...nice win

The two who didn't play last night, Rutkowski which was expected to be out. And Tyler Currie, D transfer from Adrian.

The two who didn't play last night, Rutkowski which was expected to be out. And Tyler Currie, D transfer from Adrian.
    Currie may have been hurt??

The CCHL goalie Forget, who started and played 31 minutes just committed to Princeton.

The CCHL goalie Forget, who started and played 31 minutes just committed to Princeton.
    D1 good for him, so we faced a quality goaltender.
    And a tandem from Ottawa who had tallied 47 goals in 19 games. What other stats about this team can we find? Beginning to feel maybe we weren't as slow as we looked.

Is it pronounced For Jay or For Get?

First Rankings are out, and in the way to early we're slotted at #7, Platty #8, Geneseo #12.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Is it pronounced For Jay or For Get?
    FOR-JHET. (The 'JH' is very difficult but almost like a combination of the two you listed)

But otherwise, good for him. Carleton producing Div.I talent like crazy.

D1 good for him, so we faced a quality goaltender.
    And a tandem from Ottawa who had tallied 47 goals in 19 games. What other stats about this team can we find? Beginning to feel maybe we weren't as slow as we looked.
    I think the speed also had to do with the fact that the CCHL kids have 20 games under their belts as well....seats are limited for opening night vs ELmira
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 10-24-2017 at 04:27 PM.

I think the speed also had to do with the fact that the CCHL kids have 20 games under their belts as well....seats are limited for opening night vs ELmira
    headed to America at 0645 for the 13th O’Donnell Media Summit and opening weekend with the rare treat of a Sunday afternoon game at The Cooler taking the long way home. Saturday will be very emotional as we honor Mary Gosek. At the start of each period fans will be asked to stand and cheer as loud as they can until the clock hits 19:00 - “Mary’s Minute” 2500 teal t shirts will be handed out - I need to get there early before the double XL’s are gone #ILikeMineRoomy

Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    headed to America at 0645 for the 13th O’Donnell Media Summit and opening weekend with the rare treat of a Sunday afternoon game at The Cooler taking the long way home. Saturday will be very emotional as we honor Mary Gosek. At the start of each period fans will be asked to stand and cheer as loud as they can until the clock hits 19:00 - “Mary’s Minute” 2500 teal t shirts will be handed out - I need to get there early before the double XL’s are gone #ILikeMineRoomy
    Should be an emotional start to the season,wish I could make the trip and yell for Mary....Have great time Lou and I am sure you will score a XXL...

Here every day

Did Spink play ?
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Thread Information