Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
    Dam, my video stream dropped and I did not see us tie the game. The stream came back for the OT. Can anyone describe how we scored? from the Clark posted pictures it might have been a bad angle shot from loose puck behind the net, but I'm just guessing. Tell me what happened if you can.
    We have no wins against ranked teams, but we have 2 ties. Great Hockey game, that's all it's about in the end.
    It's on the team's Instagram page on their stories. Gillespie came from the right wing and threw a bouncing puck on net so it would hopefully take a weird deflection. Virtanen made a soft rebound and Herlihey was on the other side streaking by the crease and threw it back in net. Perfect timing or else it wouldn't have happened.

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

My video crapped out as well,I guess the Utica goal was good??? Didnt see the replays,or the 3rd Oswego goal..Great gamedid notice a ton of jawing....Any word on Brun,we are down to 6 dmen,maybe we can borrow one from Geneseo,looks like they picked up another D1 transfer from Minnesota-Duluth,they now have 9 dmen with 4 being D1transfers..

Comment

It was a great college hockey game, and to see it live was exciting. A lot of good skating by both teams. A lot of big hits. On the third goal by Utica some of us believe it was an illegal goal and some believe it was a good goal.. It changes nothing. Utica I believe has 9 or 10 seniors. We have a young team that stood up yesterday and played with guts.. We have not been disappointed watching these guys this year

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
          It's on the team's Instagram page on their stories. Gillespie came from the right wing and threw a bouncing puck on net so it would hopefully take a weird deflection. Virtanen made a soft rebound and Herlihey was on the other side streaking by the crease and threw it back in net. Perfect timing or else it wouldn't have happened.
          He swept it right to Herlihey......guess there was no time to gift wrap it.
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

His stick was 100% over his head and the xbar,but not sure where he made contact with the puck....Anyway he should not have been able to go free after the draw,face-off mistake,we have to correct,they had a nice jump on the face=offs all night...GREAT game//

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              His stick was 100% over his head and the xbar,but not sure where he made contact with the puck....Anyway he should not have been able to go free after the draw,face-off mistake,we have to correct,they had a nice jump on the face=offs all night...GREAT game//
              His stick was definitely above the crossbar initially, but it looked to be maybe 8" below it when he chipped the puck in.

Whatever, the game is in the books, and it was a classic. That puppy had the intensity of a NC game from start to finish.

Comment

I recorded the game on my laptop and looked at the Utica 3rd goal several times in super slow mo, it was right at the bar height when he made contact. Allowing for the angle of the camera it was somewhere between 2" above the bar and 2" below. The call could have easily gone either way. It just didn't go are way...the hockey gods clearly felt Oswego had been wronged and delivered us a gift to tie the games...who I'm I to argue with the hockey gods..
                Richer is the man, that debate is over, I suspect he will give Cedric 1 more start this season but that will be it. I did not like the way the goalies were handled last year, Z got jerked around last year and by the end of the season there was little trust in any of the goalies. Richer is the man, let him know it's his net, one bad game isn't going to cost him his spot, I'm glad they have made him #1.
                I was glad to see fresh legs for Saturday, not sure I would put them all on the same line, but what do I know. I honestly feel we dressed the weaker line up Sat. against Utica. I would have had Ferria and Durocher against Utica not Cortland.
                Anyways, on to the SUNYAC, take care of business against Morrisville, hard to beat anyone 2 days in a row in their own rink, then we are good position to take another run at the SUNYAC championship and a National tournament Bid. Not bad for a rebuilding year.

Comment

Not going to be a simple weekend at Morrisville, here's to hoping people don't take them lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                    Not going to be a simple weekend at Morrisville, here's to hoping people don't take them lightly.
                    Agree, I think this is the SUNYAC weekend so the players will get up for it,and the coaching staff will be on top of them for sure,it can also be a nice weekend for all to play.

Comment

Opportunity to grab some SUNYAC points...glad to see no matinee on Sat.

Comment

Uscho lists the Utica vs Oswego game as a SUNYAC game and it is skewing the standings as well as conference stats.

I tried to send a message through the contact us section on the site but t wouldn’t go through.

Maybe they will see the posting here.
                        Oswego State '00
                        SUNYAC Champs 80, 81, 82, 84, 89, 91, 03
                        1987 + 2003 NCAA Runners-up

Clarkson Hockey
                        ECACHL Champs 1966, 1991, 1993, 1999
                        1962, 1966, 1970 NCAA Runners-up

Comment

Spent most of the night figuring out SUNYAC scenarios for the regular season crown and seedings. There's a lot to unpack here, so read carefully.

Oswego has set itself up very nicely. With 8 SUNYAC games remaining (They had the two Canton games in the beginning of the season, now have 2 extra conference games)

Current top 3

1. Geneseo - 16 pts (7-2-2)
                          2. Oswego - 15 its (7-0-1)
                          3. Buff St - 14 its (6-2-2)

For Oswego to win the SUNYAC Regular Season Crown...

Scenario 1: Get at least 27 points (Buffalo State & Geneseo can’t get more than 26)

Oswego would need to go, in their final 8 games, EITHER 6-2-0 (13-2-1 overall) OR 5-1-2 (12–1-3 overall)

Scenario 2: Get to 26 points

Finish either 5-2-1 (12-2-2) or 5-0-3 (12-0-3)

They win SUNYAC if they finish with these records and defeat/tie Buffalo State and Geneseo. Even if they tie both teams in points by the end of the season, as long as they have a better record against the team, they have the nod.

These are the simplest scenarios.
                          -------------------------------------------------

For Geneseo to finish in front of Oswego by the end of the semester, they would:

Go 5-0 in conference play to make their SUNYAC record (12-2-2, 26 points)

…and Oswego at best…

Would have to finish 5-2-1 (12-2-2, 26 points) and lose to Buffalo State

OR

Geneseo goes 4-1 (11-3-2 [24 points]) and Oswego goes 4-3-1 at best (11-3-2 [24 points]) while losing to Buffalo State

OR (Last likely scenarios)

Geneseo goes 3-1-1 (10-3-3 [23 points]) and Oswego goes 3-3-2/4-4-0 at best (10-3-3/11-3-1 [23 points]) and loses to Buffalo State

For Buffalo State finish in front of Oswego by the end of the semester, they would (Realistic scenarios):

Need to go 6-0 in conference play to make their conference record 12-2-2 (26 points)

…and Oswego would have to either…

Go 5-2-1 (finish 12-2-2 - 26 points), while losing to both Geneseo AND Fredonia (Would lose tiebreaker)

OR

Go 5-3 (Finish 12-3-1, 25 points)

Final point is, Oswego controls its own destiny by getting at least 12 points in its final 8 games. Even if they get 10/11 points in 8 games, they would be in a favorable situation, EVEN if Buffalo State and Geneseo finish perfect. The road to the #1 seed begins tonight.

Comment

6-2-0, 12 points, I got it.
                            Take care of business this weekend and they can go 4-2 the rest of the way.
                            With 8 conference games packed into 23 days, anything can happen. Intense schedule, some very entertaining close games coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                              6-2-0, 12 points, I got it.
                              Take care of business this weekend and they can go 4-2 the rest of the way.
                              With 8 conference games packed into 23 days, anything can happen. Intense schedule, some very entertaining close games coming up.
                              I'm legitimately scared of Buff State and Geneseo. Bengals are playing like one of the best teams in the country (8-1-1 in past 10 i believe) and Sylves is playing like the best goalie in the country.

As for Geneseo, always scary, can never assume a win.

Even Fredonia still poses a threat when they were up on Oswego 3-1 in the 3rd period earlier this year.

I realistically expect 5-2-1 (W - Morrisville X2, Brockport, Potsdam, Plattsburgh) with losses against Buff St & Geneseo and tie against Fredonia.

But anything can happen, and Oswego went 7-0-1 in conference while still trying to figure out their identity.

Comment

makes sense to me,Buff state plays us well in their backyard,they have beat us 2 yrs in a row in their barn...I just hope we can stay away from anymore dmen injuries,or we are in trouble,I am guessing we may not see Brun for the rest of the season as he was in a cast??..One game at a time as the saying goes.
                                Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-26-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X