Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Just wondering what happened to David Jacobson? I saw him at ASU and thought Oswego was a good school for him.

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
    A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
    Arizona State Class of 1974
    ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Hey left Oswego during October because he got a job opportunity in Los Angeles that fit his career.

Comment

A good weekend for the Lakers. If the Lakers could score on odd man rushes and wide open nets, not when the goalie is pulled, we should have won Friday but a good tie anyway. Gillespie was lucky to only get 2 minutes. I thought he should have gotten 5 and a game misconduct for the very cheap shot to the back of the Brockport player. We will need a somewhat successful PP next weekend. Both goalies looked good this weekend. Still looking for the really pretty goal instead of just a goal. To many very close shots where a good rebound can be had. Nice play from Horn, Spink, nice to see Sullivan and after three years of nothing Durocher is delivering some nice contributions. Berry seems to be our spark plug for big goals for he started the scoring. First goal always the hardest to get. Next weekend will be huge trip north.
        Oswego '88

Comment

Scorpio made great plays on the PK and Hansen made some big saves. Going into next weekend every other team in SUNYAC already have at least two losses.

Comment

Another grid'em out win,we'll take it,its the teams identity.Chippy as h$%#,but thats hockey at times,we did take a few bad pens but they know who they are,and I am sure it will/has been addressed.If we finished half of our chances we would be blowing teams out,at least we are getting them and they will figure out how to finish more I'm sure. Bport pen kill was aggressive but we passed well,more shots and crashthe net.Hansen played well when needed on a few choice chances.Berry very good,and Huffnagke with a few pts.Herlihy gets his 1st,and Currie look good again.No Ferreira again injured?? SUNYAC is up for grabs at this point, BIG trip up North,Platty drops 2 and Pots has been playing some pretty good hockey...Crowd looked BIg and WTOP was better than last week, but still a bunch of mix-ups...Y no name on Nolans jersey??
            Last edited by bakdraft21; 12-03-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

As for the trip up north, who's in the goal vs Potsdam and then Platty?? Continued rotation?? I always thought this to be a very hard choice for a coaching staff.

Comment

No reason to stop the Rotation. If anything Hanson may have a slight edge in my mind. Hanson got Hobart, Richer got Genny, pretty even there as well.

6-1-1 great start but we still have our trip up north and to Buffalo so we have a lot of Sunyac work to do yet. I don't understand the "#1" line, (Emmersson, Herlihey, Gillisepie) clearly Zizek and Berry are our top 2 centers, they are the engines driving the offense, load those 2 centers with your top wingers, whoever you think they are (Huffnagle, Herlihey, Molinario, Spink, Gillispie?) and see if we get a few more goals. Emmerson and Durocher have been solid 3rd and fourth line centers.

Brockport- I was disappointed with Brockport, I thought they would be better. They had no business being only down 1 early in the third, we had dominated them. Thank god we got the second goal. We couldn't score, can't really criticize players for not scoring on their chances, we know they want to score just as much as we want them to. I would like to see the puck down low on the PP more often, (especially on 5on3)even take it behind the net once and while. Force the goalie deep in his net, force the defense to move and choose, that's how Hobart got there PP goal on us. Nice game by Hufnagle, Berry again, pretty well everyone. Hanson was perfect. Gillispie thought the forward had snowed our goalie, smarter ways to get back at the player then take an obvious penalty. But it does remind me of a theory I heard, if you are so mad at a guy you are going to spear him, cross check or hit him from behind and take a penalty, then make sure he feels some pain. Gillispie was all in on that one.

Geneseo- Much better game, huge momentum swings, Genny all over us then we would be all over them. Richer Very good, but he should have stopped that first one. Huffnagle takes the hit to make the play, that's how Zizek ends up wide open. Hufnagle deserves to be in the top 6 forwards and the PP. Pelnik took a step backwards in this game. I expected we would see Genny's best after coming off a loss and at home so I'm pretty happy with the tie.

Overall- 3 points is very good. Offense is doing everything but scoring. Defense only gave up 2 goals, 1 even strength I believe. Goaltending pretty solid effort from both goalies.

Comment

Target firmly placed on The Lakers back today, #4 in both polls...The players have worked hard to earn this,they will have to work even harder to keep it or move up..I am not sure what the coaches are feeding these guys but they have done a nice job so far...Keep it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    Target firmly placed on The Lakers back today, #4 in both polls...The players have worked hard to earn this,they will have to work even harder to keep it or move up..I am not sure what the coaches are feeding these guys but they have done a nice job so far...Keep it up.
                    Agreed, all these guys show is grit and hustle. Nothing flashy but all the meat and potatoes you can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                      If anything Hanson may have a slight edge in my mind..
                      Mine too. I get nervous with Richer in net. I'm sure the coaches know what they're doing- they see everyone day after day. But from just watching the games, I like Hanson. It's been a while since I've seen Oswego block as many shots as they did in Geneseo- everyone felt the need to help out.

Talk about a hot bed of Div III hockey- five of the top 15 teams located in Central(ish) NY!

Berry caught my eye last year and he's REALLY catching my eye this year. Hockey smarts. And when they do the Cameron Berry movie, Pete Davidson from SNL is going to get the lead role.
                      Oswego State 1980 Grad
                      (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Was at a work Christmas function so o didn't get to watch the game, was shocked by the score when I peeked at the score midway, anyone there? Potsdam was expected to be a tough matchup.

Looks like Hansen in jet tonight with Richer playing last night.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                          Was at a work Christmas function so o didn't get to watch the game, was shocked by the score when I peeked at the score midway, anyone there? Potsdam was expected to be a tough matchup.

Looks like Hansen in jet tonight with Richer playing last night.
                          Oswego started fast and Richer made some nice saves early to keep Da bears off the board,after that we had a few nice tick tack toe plays,something we have not seen much of this year,to put da bears on their heals,after that good night nurse..Huffnagle with 4 helpers,Zizek the new "Zman" had 2 goals,also Herlihy with 2 goals,and we out hustled and just about out everythinged them...Richer played well again made many nice saves,we just overpowered them..
                          Last edited by bakdraft21; 12-09-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            Oswego started fast and Richer made some nice saves early to keep Da bears off the board,after that we had a few nice tick tack toe plays,something we have not seen much of this year,to put da bears on their heals,after that good night nurse..Huffnagle with 4 helpers,Zizek the new "Zman" had 2 goals,also Herlihy with 2 goals,and we out hustled and just about out everythinged them...Richer played well again made many nice saves,we just overpowered them..
                            Tonight could be the ultimate confidence builder - a great rivalry with a rowdy home crowd - the "Lil Lakers" will find out what games like this are all about.....praying for a good stream #GoLakers
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

60 Day Review: Exceeding Expectations.
                              Oswego State 1980 Grad
                              (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Talk about a pretty dominate performance, good to see the offense continue showing precision tic tac toe goals plus the nitty gritty variety. Wow is all I can say if you'd told me we would have 1 loss at this point when the year started.

Comment

Working...
                                X