Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Looks like my wife is going to be dragging me up to Ottawa's Winterlude for that weekend. (And you will be interested in knowing the Rangers happen to be playing in Ottawa when I'm up there.)

But quite frankly, I expect tonight's game to be much better than anything that takes place next weekend, intense rivalry notwithstanding.
    The Rangers are GOD AWFUL right now.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      The Rangers are GOD AWFUL right now.
      Trust me, I know! But an opportunity to see them in an arena I've never been to (and they might end up building a new one in Ottawa soon), is one I can't pass up.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Trust me, I know! But an opportunity to see them in an arena I've never been to (and they might end up building a new one in Ottawa soon), is one I can't pass up.
        Canadian Tire Centre is nice, just out of the city. Enjoyed watching the Bruins take Game 5 there last playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
          Canadian Tire Centre is nice, just out of the city. Enjoyed watching the Bruins take Game 5 there last playoffs.
          I know it’s away from the city but cripes what a waste if they build another arena. Canadian Tire Center is a fine facility. What amazed me last year was how lacking the crowd was when I went to Rangers/Ottawa Game 2. It was a far cry from what I expected for a Canadian Hockey city for a playoff game. Not loud, very casual Sunday church crowd that didn’t even realize Pageau scored a hat trick until the announcer said it.

Maybe part of it was I went from a game at Montreal a week earlier to Ottawa. It would be tough for anyone to live up to a Montreal playoff crowd but I was very disappointed in Ottawa.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            I know it’s away from the city but cripes what a waste if they build another arena. Canadian Tire Center is a fine facility. What amazed me last year was how lacking the crowd was when I went to Rangers/Ottawa Game 2. It was a far cry from what I expected for a Canadian Hockey city for a playoff game. Not loud, very casual Sunday church crowd that didn’t even realize Pageau scored a hat trick until the announcer said it.

Maybe part of it was I went from a game at Montreal a week earlier to Ottawa. It would be tough for anyone to live up to a Montreal playoff crowd but I was very disappointed in Ottawa.
            My experience was opposite was a packed house elimination game for my Bruins, what I was shocked by was how cheap it was, I got 2nd row off the pen box for $150 a ticket. I agree they don't need a new arena just build around the current one.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
              My experience was opposite was a packed house elimination game for my Bruins, what I was shocked by was how cheap it was, I got 2nd row off the pen box for $150 a ticket. I agree they don't need a new arena just build around the current one.
              I was shocked when I read about a new arena, too. The movement has been in all sports to build them downtown. And apparently Ottawa is setting forth plans to do so. Hey, it's only taxpayers' money...

Wasn't the Georgia Dome only like 20 years old before they built a new one?

As for Ottawa attendance, there are still tickets available for all games, and I'm not talking the secondary market. You would never see that in Toronto or Montreal, and I would guess Vancouver.
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

A weather update, there is no snow in the OZ. It is 2:00, we are in great shape for tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                  A weather update, there is no snow in the OZ. It is 2:00, we are in great shape for tonight.
                  Snowing pretty good in the FingerLakes region. Oswego can hold the snow off as I have to drive to Watertown tonight....
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                    Thanks for the update. Very light snow here in Rochester. I should be able to make it. I've done a lot worse in the past.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

I should reiterate...the game was sold out but the atmosphere was horrendous for an NHL playoff game is my mind.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Update, snowing here in OZ now but not hard and nothing crazy or unmanageable visibility I'd say is well over 500 yards still.

Comment

The lack of ticket holders here is disgusting, the attendance numbers are sad tonight at this point. Hope a lot changes in 10 min. Atleast the students showed up.

Comment

The lack of ticket holders here is disgusting, the attendance numbers are sad tonight at this point. Hope a lot changes in 10 min. Atleast the students showed up.
                            well enjoy,yet to see a stream on NYO..am i the only one??
                            Last edited by bakdraft21; 02-09-2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              Having issues is it up yet? There's no music or horn here at the game, but the announcer works doesn't make sense.
                              Luckily some more fans showed up but still looking at a lot of empties.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                                keeps freezing......

Comment

Working...
                                X