Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

It has been fun watching these young guys evolve. They are still improving every game. They have had a slow offensive early season, but this weekend 12 goals not bad. What is really impressive to us is their discipline for a young team. Hats off to the coaches, certainly this is helping with the tough personal loss for Ed Gosek.
    In as much as we are always going after each other, Cardinal and Laker fans, I want to mention that Coach Embry found Mary Gosek's sisters after the game and took a picture with them. It was a great jesture from Coach Embry after a tough loss. For the record Coach Gosek lost his wife earlier this year to ovarian cancer and Coach Embry has been very supportive to the Gosek family.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
      It has been fun watching these young guys evolve. They are still improving every game. They have had a slow offensive early season, but this weekend 12 goals not bad. What is really impressive to us is their discipline for a young team. Hats off to the coaches, certainly this is helping with the tough personal loss for Ed Gosek.
      In as much as we are always going after each other, Cardinal and Laker fans, I want to mention that Coach Embry found Mary Gosek's sisters after the game and took a picture with them. It was a great jesture from Coach Embry after a tough loss. For the record Coach Gosek lost his wife earlier this year to ovarian cancer and Coach Embry has been very supportive to the Gosek family.
      Which team does he Embry coach? Or is that the founder of the
      Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University*? In all seriousness, I know it hit coach Emery hard. While the teams may be rivals on the ice, both coaches are exactly what the world needs today...Oh and they coach hockey...Coach Emery also went put of his way IN Oswego a couple games back to find Mary herself and gesture as he went off the ice. Having been around Coach Gosek a few times (hockey camps, coaching clinics) I have the up most respect for the man. We can just b**ls all day long between the 60 minutes, but the man is just great for the sport and in life for his players and those he affects on and off the ice.
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Another win in Plattsburgh, if we can just find a way to win at home or a playoff game, that would be nice. Unfortunately I suspect Plattsburgh will turn things around, again and be a tough out in Feb./March. I was thinking a 6-3-1 start would be good for a team that had so many questions and holes to fill. 8-1-1, our only loss was in OT Hobart,18 hours after the emotional Teal Gate win, did not see that coming. Congratulations to the coach and players.
        I liked the line combinations this weekend, Captain obvious.
        After I predicted our strength on defense, then goaltending and our forwards last. I don't see that way anymore. I really like our forward group. The wingers aren't as strong as Neil, Hulsof and Galatti but down the middle Zizek, Barry and Emmerson are just as good or maybe better then Botten & Barton. I don't think we are giving up that much on our forwards from last year, just a little from the wingers. Johnson on defense, with his all American year last year is almost impossible to replace, and his production is probably what we are missing the most.
        The Goaltending has been good, as I thought/hoped it would be. The defense however has gone from our strength to hanging on by a thin thread. Rutowski left the team and Brun just hasn't shown up. I don't know if it is the injury or something else but Brun has been a shadow of himself. Don't get me wrong, the defense has been good but we have had to rely on Pelnik and the new guys a lot more then I expected and with only 7 D on the team, let's keep our fingers crossed we don't lose anyone.

Comment

Great weekend,I'll ditto a few things,some nice "skill" goals this weekend and the hustle goals were still there,with a relentless forecheck and next to no oddman rushes they are playing as a team.Pk is aggressive nice and the PP passes well and is starting to finish.Netminding has been good, but not overly tested,Richer looked good this weekend. Currie gets better with every game and Herlihy and Gillespie are starting to score.Great first 10 games,but its how we finish the last games is what counts,I hope we have the stamina,and happy we have experienced coaches who have been there many times before.

Comment

Sorry about spelling Coach Emery's name wrong. Point was that we can and do learn from these coaches ourselves.

Comment

Just realized I didnt pick-up Whiteout weekend tickets for the Platty game,anybody with 2 or 3 let me know,there are only SRO seats, but would like to have 2 for the wife and 10y.o to sit,I can stand...also sec 53 with the Platty fans is OK with me,thats is where I usually sit anyway,until the state troopers visit me..

Comment

any word on Ferreira??

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                  Sorry about spelling Coach Emery's name wrong. Point was that we can and do learn from these coaches ourselves.
                  I was just busting b**ls, totally agree. I have taken a page or two from both in my coaching style...some good some bad lol
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Is anyone getting the stream from Stevens Point vs Adrian?

Comment

Point wins...

Comment

Looks like they had a little brush up in the 2nd period.......another go at it tonight

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          Looks like they had a little brush up in the 2nd period.......another go at it tonight
                          Ya...it got wild for a while in the 2nd....six guys thrown out...
                          Pretty typical of the Adrian/Point games in recent years...
                          SNC Men:
                          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                          SNC Women:
                          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                            Ya...it got wild for a while in the 2nd....six guys thrown out...
                            Pretty typical of the Adrian/Point games in recent years...
                            Isn't this why Adrian got in trouble after 2015, for what was called the "Culture" with the post season suspensions served last year. Wonder if something will come up again.
                            Last edited by OZrebel; 12-13-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                              Isn't this why Adrian got in trouble after 2015, for what was called the "Culture" with the post season suspensions served last year. Wonder if something will come up again.
                              yea another round of wrist slaps

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                                yea another round of wrist slaps
                                What it amounted to last time

Comment

Working...
                                X