Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Oswego #5 in USCHO and #6 in D3 polls

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
      OK, can someone tell me clearly what play this picture is from. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8934331&type=3
      This is not the Ferria shot in the third period against Plattsburgh, there was no Laker near the net when the puck was fired,(Laker glove in picture). I have the replay on that goal (Ferria) , no where near going in. So what play is this picture from??
      Yeah, I'm starting to wonder about it myself. In "the goal" shot it looks like Podera's pad is close to the center of the crease. In the other shot's from above (TV capture?) he looks to be out to his left of crease. Also, in "the goal" shot there are two Oswego players close to the net, from above only the one attacking shooter a ways out. Strange.... I don't suppose we're seeing a totally different shot with the puck on the other side through two layers of net (left side and right side)?
      Oswego State 1980 Grad
      (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Mens Hoops advances last night, beating Genny. At least one team moving in the right direction. GO LAKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
          Mens Hoops advances last night, beating Genny. At least one team moving in the right direction. GO LAKERS.
          Welcome to Memorial Hall !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
            Yeah, I'm starting to wonder about it myself. In "the goal" shot it looks like Podera's pad is close to the center of the crease. In the other shot's from above (TV capture?) he looks to be out to his left of crease. Also, in "the goal" shot there are two Oswego players close to the net, from above only the one attacking shooter a ways out. Strange.... I don't suppose we're seeing a totally different shot with the puck on the other side through two layers of net (left side and right side)?
            I was the one that posted the picture because a photographer showed me the picture after the game. She didn't exactly recall what play it occurred on but i just assumed the Ferreira shot, so you may be right, it could be incorrect.

HOWEVER - What play would it have been? That means there was ANOTHER play with a near goal that could have been overturned, which is even more chaotic.

Comment

So, if I'm reading the brackets correctly, if Buff St. takes out Potsdam and Platty beats Fredonia, the Cards (lowest seed remaining) would be back in Oswego on Saturday? With Oswego bombing the last two games, both teams could be playing for the NCAA marbles.
              Right, and Freddy it is! That's why they play the games.
              Oswego State 1980 Grad

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                Right, and Freddy it is! That's why they play the games.
                The red bird is dead....long live the Lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                  The red bird is dead....long live the Lakers!
                  The Red Bird will be back !..Not Dead....Just resting for 8 months..Rough year for the Cards....

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                    The Red Bird will be back !..Not Dead....Just resting for 8 months..Rough year for the Cards....
                    Not sure 8 months is enough to fix that...
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      Welcome to Memorial Hall !
                      Yep you guys pretty much running the table this year. Ave 87 PPG is unheard of in D3, let alone all college hoops

Comment

Didn't we lose to Fredonia in the SUNYAC final the year we won the Championship? Not that lightning strikes twice or anything....
                        Oswego State 1980 Grad

Comment

Didn't we lose to Fredonia in the SUNYAC final the year we won the Championship? Not that lightning strikes twice or anything....
                          Lost to them in the semifinal. 2-1 IIRC. Kevin Amborski absolutely stood on his head making around 40 saves for Fredonia in net. Oswego outshot Freddy 2 to 1 in the game.

It was maddening watching that game from the student section.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Lost to them in the semifinal. 2-1 IIRC. Kevin Amborski absolutely stood on his head making around 40 saves for Fredonia in net. Oswego outshot Freddy 2 to 1 in the game.

It was maddening watching that game from the student section.
                            Wasn't that the year that Fredonia beat Plattsburgh in the SUNYAC finals with Amborski standing on his head again? I spent the final period in the press box of that game sweating bullets...

Comment

• Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
                              Wasn't that the year that Fredonia beat Plattsburgh in the SUNYAC finals with Amborski standing on his head again? I spent the final period in the press box of that game sweating bullets...
                              I believe so. I think the magic ran out though with a big loss to Middlebury in the NCAAs.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                                Not sure 8 months is enough to fix that...
                                Come on! Spoken like a true Cardinal fan. . Maybe a couple more D to replace Valente, goalie? . That. would help, Think that the talent is there, great coaching staff. . It will come together. Never give up, my motto!

Comment

Working...
                                X