Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
    I wouldn't say two different teams, I'd say Genny elevated their game, they knew the stakes and gave every thing they had. As far as the second point goes well they had the 6th man. First goal was continued pressure unlucky rebound out by Richer.

Do you think the tale of the game had anything to do with us constantly down man, I think so makes it hard to get mojo. And some of the things called, wow is all I've got to say, pelniks pen is one of the clearest example of bull**** call I've ever seen just because someone falls down doesn't mean you have to blow your whistle especially when it's pelnik getting taken down. Genny wasn't the cleanest either but you wouldn't know that.
    The Pelnik penalty was bad but Currie got away with the off-setting penalties when he dragged a player down when he didn't need to, and Durocher got away with the biggest boarding call of the season that sent Condon down for a few minutes. I know this is an Oswego chat but you can at least try to look at it objectively. Oswego has also had 6 major penalties called against their opponents this season, none on them. The refs were fair and fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
      The Pelnik penalty was bad but Currie got away with the off-setting penalties when he dragged a player down when he didn't need to, and Durocher got away with the biggest boarding call of the season that sent Condon down for a few minutes. I know this is an Oswego chat but you can at least try to look at it objectively. Oswego has also had 6 major penalties called against their opponents this season, none on them. The refs were fair and fine.
      I'll agree on the Currie drag down, him and Gillespie have gotten lucky with some of the mixups, however the Durocher touch looked about as weak as possible a touch from my point of view and appeared to actually make contact with the left side. From where I sit it looked like a flop and trying to get a call late in a crucial close game. As far as the majors go, all I can say is we've not gone as far as others and that's how we've avoided them, the players skate the fine line. Maybe you can provide some video from a different vantage point to change my opinion of the Durocher questionable boarding. In full disclosure I'm about as far away from where it happened as you can be but didnt look like more than a flop.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        Caught most of the game here and there, looked like a pretty even game did see Pelnik stick up for a teamate after a hit,nice to see.Nice weekend,top line is doing very well. Should be a good week of practice and get ready for a BIg whiteout weekend, as we know throw the records out when Platty and Oz meet,and lets not forget a Potsdam team that dispatched Buff St. sat night..
        Both Potsdam and Plattsburgh need as many points as possible this weekend. They are fighting for their playoff lives. They will be desperate.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          Both Potsdam and Plattsburgh need as many points as possible this weekend. They are fighting for their playoff lives. They will be desperate.
          I liked it better when Platty wasn't making the playoffs.

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            SUNYAC version of Thunderdome, 9 teams 6 spots...who gets in? My money is on Platty getting in, wouldn't be the same without the birds. Will Oz play or rest?

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
              SUNYAC version of Thunderdome, 9 teams 6 spots...who gets in? My money is on Platty getting in, wouldn't be the same without the birds. Will Oz play or rest?
              Whiteout Wknd - Senior Night, playoffs next....I think they play...they are in a groove and don't want to hit the brakes. - rest the injured - ..but I'm not a coach and I can barely skate so what do I know? There are tech meetings scheduled this week to sort the stream issues...the company that provides the service hasn't been very supportive...if you have problems go to the facebook page - its been great all year...and you can leave smart *** commentary....
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I had video problems Friday night as well. Even on Facebook. The third period video was good, I was probably on facebook.
                Geeny-no need to talk about 1st. period, everything went our way...but we earned our breaks. 2nd. period, Genny came out strong in the first 10 mins, but I thought things were even after the first 10 minutes of that period (ignoring PP & PK time). The third period, well we don't sit back and stink like that if we don't have a 3 goal lead...it happens. I was shocked to see the game shot etc. stats but we were ahead on the only stat that matters. I would rather have our first win against a ranked team this year then win the "in game stats". Everyone in the building saw the Durocher hit, including the two refs, I didn't think it was a penalty...just painful and probably winded.

Brockport- Trap game, 1st. place clinched, angry Brockport team. Good effort all considering, physical chippy game. Pretty first goal three way passing play. (Herlihey, Zizek, Gillispie). I have been critical of Campbell in the past on this board, I should also acknowledge that he has worked desperately hard to stay out of the box this year and he has mostly been successful.

We have problems, no doubt. PP, faceoffs and lately penalties. We can fix penalties the other 2 I don't think will change this year. However we have strengths. Goaltending, 5 on 5 play, 4 good centremen (outside the dots) mobile defense and team chemistry. Good enough to give us a shot at the SUNYAC championship and should also get a tournament bid (win or lose Sunyac).
                When you are King of the hill, everyone want to knock you off, no easy games for this team.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                  Play. Based on the way Gosek was talking after the Brockport game.

First place may be clinched, but you have to keep your eyes on the larger picture -- seedings at the NCAA level.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

I agree that from where I sit-behind the Lakers penalty box, 5 rows up- Durocher's hit looked legal. However, there was a textbook football tackle made by a Genny player at their bench and there was no call. Also, 2 blatant off-sides missed by the linesmen. Finally, Berry had no idea he was penalized, and I have no trouble reading lips from where I sit: 3 of the 4 officials did not know why Berry was penalized. Silvester the cat called the penalty-and from where I sit it didn't look like a trip. I could be wrong, but it was a mystery to the Lakers bench as well.

Comment

Big weekend no matter how you slice it, as Russell stated Both teams coming in need pts,there feet will be on the gas,with a huge lift for Da Bears beating Buff st.Its our Whiteout weekend and we are due,this is the type of team/coaching staff that will not let up,we play a nice grid'em out game,so dont see any change for this weekend except for what LEL said,rest the injuries and its senior night as well.Then there is what was mentioned NCAA bids/home ice,always nice to have. ..I checked the weather and not bad as of now,but we know things change fast in the Land of Oz..

Comment

I would say Buff State being ranked helped us get 1 in the east, due to Wins vs Rnk. However due to them being done until sunyac playoffs will they still be ranked come next week and how much did that exactly help.

Big weekend, put up time. Need to come out with fire and take care of business.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                          I would say Buff State being ranked helped us get 1 in the east, due to Wins vs Rnk. However due to them being done until sunyac playoffs will they still be ranked come next week and how much did that exactly help.
                          It all depends on how the criteria numbers come out after this weekend. There are various examples where not playing can increase your ranking due to how SOS and Opp. SOS changes. Remember, it's all about the criteria numbers and absolutely nothing else.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Attached is link to the east static sheet.....only two criteria used this week...W/L and SOS

http://web1.ncaa.org/champsel_new/ex.../staticpdfrank

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

If Buffalo State and Utica remain ranked in either of the last 2 polls (new this year), then that can only help our NCAA bid. If I'm correct we have the OT loss to Hobart, then we are 3-0-2 against Geneseo, Buffalo and Utica.
                              I think the west is very strong this year, my focus in on the SUNYAC playoffs, it just feels like it should be our turn to win it this year.

Comment

So are we losing Campbell this year or not? He's been listed as SR on program since Christmas atleast when I started noticing, but nothing about him for senior night tomorrow. I thought he was a sophomore when he transferred here last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X