Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

There is a lot of emotion on and off campus as this season approaches...the roster is full, talent abundant with a community eager to support its team and more importantly it's coach.

37 days until exhibition...
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    There is a lot of emotion on and off campus as this season approaches...the roster is full, talent abundant with a community eager to support its team and more importantly it's coach.

37 days until exhibition...
    I had to read the thread title twice.....then it filtered through. I think you nailed it, thumbs up.

Comment

Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Nice Lou....great to see the turnout for the Teal events,wish I lived closer to attend........5 weeks and we will see the always talented CCHL All-graduate team,will give the new players a nice idea of what Laker hockey is all about as it will probably be a sell-out.....Looking forward to it........Pink bunny practice should be starting pretty soon as well..

Comment

Nailed the title spot on, was great to see the teal walk the other day. I Think this team is going to have a more than ever family aspect to it, and how important it is to treat each other as such.

Comment

Elvis has left the building.
          Bad news- Goalie Jacobson has left school and the team.
          Good news- Brun & Rutkowski are expected to be ready at or near the start of the season. The recruit class has looked strong. This is a re-load not a rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
            Elvis has left the building.
            Bad news- Goalie Jacobson has left school and the team.
            Good news- Brun & Rutkowski are expected to be ready at or near the start of the season. The recruit class has looked strong. This is a re-load not a rebuild.
            Very interesting, wasn't a fan of Jacobson due to some poor positioning lapses and chasing of pucks/turnovers. However in a pinch he proved to be clutch a few times. Maybe Richer was laying the heat on in player organized workouts

Comment

wow thats a big one....we now have 2 goalies that are untested to say the least any injury could really put a damper on the season..its RIT's fault for sure ...can you say winter break transfer...maybe the club team has a netminder??
              Last edited by bakdraft21; 10-09-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                wow thats a big one....we now have 2 goalies that are untested to say the least any injury could really put a damper on the season..its RIT's fault for sure ...can you say winter break transfer...maybe the club team has a netminder??
                Can anyone remember a time that both Plattsburgh and Oswego had all their goalies be untested (Joshua Davies is not listed on Plattsburgh's roster) or when Brockport and Ferdonia had the best returning goalies (stats wise).

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                  Can anyone remember a time that both Plattsburgh and Oswego had all their goalies be untested (Joshua Davies is not listed on Plattsburgh's roster) or when Brockport and Ferdonia had the best returning goalies (stats wise).
                  Yes dont see Davies on the roster,but I would imagine coach E knew about that and they have 3 netminders at least,we have 2 untested and will be looking to get a transfer at the break perhaps,this may bring the team together as well,never know,we will see what these 2 players have come the 21st vs CCHL,who always play a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    Yes dont see Davies on the roster,but I would imagine coach E knew about that and they have 3 netminders at least,we have 2 untested and will be looking to get a transfer at the break perhaps,this may bring the team together as well,never know,we will see what these 2 players have come the 21st vs CCHL,who always play a good game.
                    I'm most interested in knowing why the departure. Was it school, health, recruited away? My hunch not wanting to split time as has been the norm the last 2 years heard it pretty much drove Z up the wall, that can be a hard program to get with.

Can be hard to develop any sort of rhythm not knowing if your going go. And Jacobson and Z there was no real question as to who was better... But Z stuck it out, would be sad if my hunch were right.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                      I'm most interested in knowing why the departure. Was it school, health, recruited away? My hunch not wanting to split time as has been the norm the last 2 years heard it pretty much drove Z up the wall, that can be a hard program to get with.

Can be hard to develop any sort of rhythm not knowing if your going go. And Jacobson and Z there was no real question as to who was better... But Z stuck it out, would be sad if my hunch were right.
                      I have no idea why he left,if he left? only info on him leaving is from this board so never know,he seemed pretty happy when I talked to him last Whiteout weekend,but a lot can change in that time. I am sure the players have been skating and maybe he did realize he would be splitting time with one of the other goalies and didnt like that,who knows.Now I am really looking forward to seeing this Richer netminder player as we have seen Hansen before.

Comment

I feel they jerked Z around a bit last year as well. The injury near the end of the season didn't help.
                        No idea why Jacobson left, maybe he sensed the Coaches loved Richer, but I don't know. I wasn't a fan of Jacobs.

I'm a huge Brun fan and having him to start the season would be great news. I'm not at all worried about the defense, it doesn't have Johnson's offense but it has everything else.

Very tough first 3 games, CCHL, Elmira & Hobart, I would be happy with a 1-1-1 start, anything better would be a bonus. Goaltending and the power-play are huge mysteries. Big opportunities for freshmen and Sophomores.
                        The D'Orazio freshmen seems to have the best chance at putting up big numbers as a freshmen.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                          I feel they jerked Z around a bit last year as well. The injury near the end of the season didn't help.
                          No idea why Jacobson left, maybe he sensed the Coaches loved Richer, but I don't know. I wasn't a fan of Jacobs.

I'm a huge Brun fan and having him to start the season would be great news. I'm not at all worried about the defense, it doesn't have Johnson's offense but it has everything else.

Very tough first 3 games, CCHL, Elmira & Hobart, I would be happy with a 1-1-1 start, anything better would be a bonus. Goaltending and the power-play are huge mysteries. Big opportunities for freshmen and Sophomores.
                          The D'Orazio freshmen seems to have the best chance at putting up big numbers as a freshmen.
                          well if the reason he left is because the coaches love Richer already then we have no problem except the fact our back up has zero experience and we also only have 1 back-up,unless we have another player who has time betwn the pipes or a club goalie or a winter break transfer as stated b4.....yes tough start but thats goos,CCHL will be all over the ice proving themselves to the scouts who will be there,and Hobart top 10 team for sure...Cant comment on who will step up and replace the scoring as I have not seen the new players so crossing my fingers and we will see what happens...p.s the back ups are big,as we saw with Zman,Adriani,beckwith,and cramps goalie ,back ups not to be taken lightly.

Comment

something different

Live press conference on Monday.
                            http://oswegolakers.com/news/2017/10...streaming.aspx

Comment

Well it looks like TJ Sneath has popped up at Lebanon Valley.

Comment

Working...
                              X