Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Only way to describe that is zero finish, overlooked then team didn't even seem to be in the building which is sad since controlled most of the game just couldn't finish a thing.....5v3 and we couldn't get into the zone. Trouble tomorrow night.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
      Only way to describe that is zero finish, overlooked then team didn't even seem to be in the building which is sad since controlled most of the game just couldn't finish a thing.....5v3 and we couldn't get into the zone. Trouble tomorrow night.
      Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I feel like Oswego’s record vs. Potsdam since the whiteout began is not good at all. They lost at least once if not twice during my time at Oswego for the 3 years of the whiteout.

Actually counted it up and just four losses in the 11. Thought there were more for sure.
      Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 02-16-2018, 08:38 PM.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Devin Campbell will be in Oswego one more year

Comment

And again, zero finish, dominate every part of the game and you can't score. Had so much power play time and zero finish, we're in some serious trouble with the offense. Can't fault Richer. We also had what everyone in the building thought was a goal, looked just inside post but because it rebounded out and our goal judge appeared asleep no light. Would love to see replay added for things that look so obviously good. One would say hit a post except there was no ring...

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
            And again, zero finish, dominate every part of the game and you can't score. Had so much power play time and zero finish, we're in some serious trouble with the offense. Can't fault Richer. We also had what everyone in the building thought was a goal, looked just inside post but because it rebounded out and our goal judge appeared asleep no light. Would love to see replay added for things that look so obviously good. One would say hit a post except there was no ring...
            Here you go from the other site........."One of the Lakers' best offensive opportunities of the night came with a little over 14 minutes left in the third period. Ferreira rushed down the ice, sending a shot towards the Plattsburgh goal, but the shot bounced off the crossbar. Jody Sullivan nearly had a chance at the rebound, but it fluttered over his stick."

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
              I heard it hit the post. Distinctly.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                Here you go from the other site........."One of the Lakers' best offensive opportunities of the night came with a little over 14 minutes left in the third period. Ferreira rushed down the ice, sending a shot towards the Plattsburgh goal, but the shot bounced off the crossbar. Jody Sullivan nearly had a chance at the rebound, but it fluttered over his stick."
                Those recaps on the other site are simply the press releases from the SID departments.

I’m not saying that’s bad or anything, but they will virtually never delve into any controversial moment in a game, nor try to dig into a situation that occurs, nor ask the tough questions to coaches or players.

It’s going to be essentially a plain vanilla writeup of the basic who, what, where, when, and how in a very "fluffy" way. And that’s it.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                  Sullivan is arguably the worst player I've ever seen at finishing shots in front of a wide open net. He did it last year in whiteout when Rouleau was out of the net and missed a literal wide open net.

Tonight Ferreira does the work, hits the cross bar and Sullivan has another wide open net and can't capitalize. It has been so many opportunities like this I can't even count them. It's inexcusable for someone who played as well has did in Juniors and made such an impact early on in the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                    Sullivan is arguably the worst player I've ever seen at finishing shots in front of a wide open net. He did it last year in whiteout when Rouleau was out of the net and missed a literal wide open net.

Tonight Ferreira does the work, hits the cross bar and Sullivan has another wide open net and can't capitalize. It has been so many opportunities like this I can't even count them. It's inexcusable for someone who played as well has did in Juniors and made such an impact early on in the season.
                    This wknd the best team in the Marano Campus Center Ice Arena were the #ProsWithGPAs representing WTOP10, WNYO and the Oswegonian.

If the Lakers on the ice could setup, deliver and finish like their Oswego Student Media classmates, the final scores would have been very different.

Also huge respect for Coach Emery sending his team out for warmups wearing tributes to Mary Gosek. And the student section did Mary’s Minute proud.

Time to regroup, men.
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                      This wknd the best team in the Marano Campus Center Ice Arena were the #ProsWithGPAs representing WTOP10, WNYO and the Oswegonian.

If the Lakers on the ice could setup, deliver and finish like their Oswego Student Media classmates, the final scores would have been very different.

Also huge respect for Coach Emery sending his team out for warmups wearing tributes to Mary Gosek. And the student section did Mary’s Minute proud.

Time to regroup, men.
                      Coach Emery really showed a great deal of class again. it makes really tough to look at him as the enemy. On another note-Russell or Backdraft or anyone who has more hockey knowledge than I do: what did you see in the last 2 games that has cause the Lakers to be blanked? I understand that they have been in a number of close games this year, and have scored some empty net goals, but they also scored 7 at Potsdam and 5 at Plattsburgh. Did those other goalies play the games of their lives? Were shooting lanes so clogged up by opposing skaters that the only choice was to shoot directly at the opposing goalies? Please give some expert insight. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cnyosufan View Post
                        Coach Emery really showed a great deal of class again. it makes really tough to look at him as the enemy. On another note-Russell or Backdraft or anyone who has more hockey knowledge than I do: what did you see in the last 2 games that has cause the Lakers to be blanked? I understand that they have been in a number of close games this year, and have scored some empty net goals, but they also scored 7 at Potsdam and 5 at Plattsburgh. Did those other goalies play the games of their lives? Were shooting lanes so clogged up by opposing skaters that the only choice was to shoot directly at the opposing goalies? Please give some expert insight. Thanks.
                        There are several factors here. Look at what the Bears and Cards did last night. They clogged the middle so no shots were getting through. And we are not adjusting to this and this is to blame on everyone. 2-Our PP has to go for we have no player with a big shot go back to HOCKEY 101 on the pp. Put a big guy in from of the net and fight for rebounds, cause havoc, and screen the goalie. 3- We ran into very hot goalies. I hope this week they practice on a new PP and shooting drills.
                        On the positive the D'men are playing great and Richer is playing really good.
                        Hope Braun and Hagglenuff will be back for this weekend. I personally like the larger line up but can argue with the physical play of last night.
                        Oswego '88

Comment

I gave up on trying to hate Bob Emery any more after seeing him waiting patiently in the huge line at Mary's wake. Lots of class last night.

Tough looking at the photo on Facebook with the puck clearly across the plane. Taken right on the goal line.

So, if I'm reading the brackets correctly, if Buff St. takes out Potsdam and Platty beats Fredonia, the Cards (lowest seed remaining) would be back in Oswego on Saturday? With Oswego bombing the last two games, both teams could be playing for the NCAA marbles.
                          Last edited by ColdInRomney; 02-18-2018, 03:07 PM.
                          Oswego State 1980 Grad
                          (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                            I gave up on trying to hate Bob Emery any more after seeing him waiting patiently in the huge line at Mary's wake. Lots of class last night.

Tough looking at the photo on Facebook with the puck clearly across the plane. Taken right on the goal line.

So, if I'm reading the brackets correctly, if Buff St. takes out Potsdam and Platty beats Fredonia, the Cards (lowest seed remaining) would be back in Oswego on Saturday? With Oswego bombing the last two games, both teams could be playing for the NCAA marbles.

That is correct, definitely won't be an easy road for either team for that to happen. But there's a good chance we see a re-match on Saturday night.

Comment

Back from a Great wateekend in Oz,minus the 2 games,ok the games were excellent except for the outcome,not to worried at this point sometimes its the hockey gods that givith and takith away,we played some pretty **** good hockey,dominated both games,as the shot total showed,did not get out hustled at all and were pretty disciplined as well.Reffing again needs to be more consistent,interference seems to be a favorite call,but it is different everytime,would like to know the refs view on this??? Powerplay had a tuff time as both Pots and Platty clogged up the middle very well,as DIII said,would not mind seeing a big body IFO the net,did it with Waterst last yr not bad but things will fall in place sat night.As for the goose eggs,both North country team jammed the slot area with sticks and bodies,allows few oddman rushes,and Potsdam barely used a forecheck at all,had 4 men back at allllllllll times,and it worked.Yes wee need to finish,players are watching others players shot and did crash the net as well,by the time we crash,puck has gone to the corner.....Oswego players have a great fanbase with the students, and the Blueline club does a great job and has many top shelf boosters/supporters,was nice to meet more this yr,GREAT group.good to see some old faces as well..

Comment

you can go to the oswego blueline club page they have a picture the puck in the net........

Comment

Working...
                                X