Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Box showed 1900+ at the CC

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      Great crowd considering the weather and winter break ! Platty only had a little over 1400

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Great game last night Hobart and MHV. The MHV team is a lot better than their record. Hobart played very well . Ended as you know in a shoot out. MHV is a huge team, 6 Swedes that are big and all can skate. We need to play better, less mistakes tonight.
        We were in Middlebury last week and I believe that Skidmore is actually a stronger team. The difference in both games was our goalie. Richer was very good last night. A friend on campus in meteorology stated with the wind 25 to 35 , the wind chill factor was 30 to 40 below.
        That being said, it was a lot warmer in the rink than it ever was at Romney

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          Great crowd considering the weather and winter break ! Platty only had a little over 1400

It was just a GREAT drive from Geneva to Pulaski right now lol
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            It was just a GREAT drive from Geneva to Pulaski right now lol
            Newzjunky had pics of a bad wreck at Tinker Tavern Rd exit earlier today. Originally from Carthage, so I follow the weather in the area.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              Not even close, counting lots of empty season tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                Great game last night Hobart and MHV. The MHV team is a lot better than their record. Hobart played very well . Ended as you know in a shoot out. MHV is a huge team, 6 Swedes that are big and all can skate. We need to play better, less mistakes tonight.
                We were in Middlebury last week and I believe that Skidmore is actually a stronger team. The difference in both games was our goalie. Richer was very good last night. A friend on campus in meteorology stated with the wind 25 to 35 , the wind chill factor was 30 to 40 below.
                That being said, it was a lot warmer in the rink than it ever was at Romney
                Yes Richer played very well last night,would like to see him again tonight and I think I still have frostbite from the Romney days,at least it was fairly warm in the lockeroom.Also chekced MHV roster,big team all around and wow 6 big swedes,gave St N all they could handle 2 Knights in a row.

Comment

Zero line changes from last night, Richer in net.

Surprised we don't Change anything up to get some fresh legs.

Glad to see Richer going back to back.

Comment

no video???..looks like a late start
                    Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-06-2018, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Delay, replacing a pane of glass

Comment

Very disappointing to say the least. They had good chances to get a lead early but the PPs were bad and then they took way too many penalties in third period. Maybe Richer going back to back not so good?

Comment

Originally posted by skipperbob View Post
                          Very disappointing to say the least. They had good chances to get a lead early but the PPs were bad and then they took way too many penalties in third period. Maybe Richer going back to back not so good?
                          Richer played fantastic. He made some huge saves to keep them in the game as the offense sputtered badly. Really the only goal he might want back is the 2nd goal as it was a long range one timer with no traffic. The other 2 he had almost no chance on even though he got a huge chunk of the 3rd goal. When you have all the momentum in the 1st and get 7 straight minutes of power play time and fail to score you don't deserve to win. They scored one meaningless goal late in the game. Not exactly on the goalie.

Comment

Agree, 7 minutes of PP time and zero to show for it except some nice passing.We missed chances early then seemed to get tired in the third period?? Take nothing away from Mville they banged us all night with a BIG line-up,may have taken some gas out of our tank,as we are usually the team dominating the 3rd period.We also did a lot of puck watching in our D zone,i,e. their 1st goal.We didnt get any bounces,and they blocked many shots and passes thru the middle.We need more secondary scoring,gotta start finishing.Penalty on the PP..Macmillan/ Ferraria??..back to work...Dont look now but Platty just won their Tourny...

Comment

First Congrats to MHV they deserved the win. As already mentioned I think the size of MHV played a big roll especially in the 3rd. I had the pleasure of talking with their coach before the game and I asked him what he sees in the biggest difference between the East and West style of play since they played St. Norbert very well and he mentioned that the West is a lot more physical. Well that is how MHV won last night. I was thinking on my way back to Syracuse what the difference is between the first half of the season and now. The physical play is no where where it was in the beginning of the season and the composure to battle back is gone also. The third period looked like there was no team work or will there. I think last nights game was the 5th or 6th time we have had a 5 minute PP and failed to score. The PP needs to be changed. Put one of the bigs in from of the net and let him bang and get the rebounds which is not happening. This is taught at the lowest level of hockey. Right now we are just an average team.
                              Oswego '88

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                                ...Dont look now but Platty just won their Tourny...
                                With all due respect...that means about as much as a poll. Until they start winning SUNYAC games I could care less about winning NC games. Tho however it WILL be nice to see the team healthIER and what they can do. The new D Pizzo looked pretty good and will help. Fenton really showed up this weekend but needs to be consistent.
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X