Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
    What's worse, not getting in, or getting the gift and laying another stinker....
    The chance to end a great season on a positive...instead of the memories of the last 3 games.
    Two weeks ago are team was
    1. #1 seed in the east
    2. clinched the SUNYAC regular season crown very early (maybe to early)
    3. The top scoring team in the conference

But everybody has forgotten that (except the NCAA committee)
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...remember David Titanic and a pretty good run.

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
      The chance to end a great season on a positive...instead of the memories of the last 3 games.
      Two weeks ago are team was
      1. #1 seed in the east
      2. clinched the SUNYAC regular season crown very early (maybe to early)
      3. The top scoring team in the conference

But everybody has forgotten that (except the NCAA committee)
      What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...remember David Titanic and a pretty good run.
      If either Hobart or UNE wins, it looks like Os is a lock for a Pool C slot. If they both lose and remain ranked ahead of of Oswego, you. call call for tee times.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Sounded like Berry and Molinaro had the flu- so who knows where else it might be lurking.

Fix the PP? What, you don't enjoy seeing 1:30 of pass-turbation and then a quick shot into the pack?

Oh man, is it Monday morning yet...?
        Oswego State 1980 Grad
        (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Hobart lost last night. Yikes.
          If UNE loses then we are out.
          C= Adrian-St.Norbert loser
          C= Salve Regina
          C= UNE
          C= Hobart

I can't see Hobart or UNE dropping below Oswego with the/if loss to a un-ranked team. I can't see Utica moving up much with a win against a un-ranked team. According to D3 bracketology release late last night including the Hobart loss, Oswego would stay ahead of Marian.

So that's it, it's up to UNE to win, then we are in.

Comment

• Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
            Hobart lost last night. Yikes.
            If UNE loses then we are out.
            C= Adrian-St.Norbert loser
            C= Salve Regina
            C= UNE
            C= Hobart

I can't see Hobart or UNE dropping below Oswego with the/if loss to a un-ranked team. I can't see Utica moving up much with a win against a un-ranked team. According to D3 bracketology release late last night including the Hobart loss, Oswego would stay ahead of Marian.

So that's it, it's up to UNE to win, then we are in.
            Hobart did not lose last night. Plymouth State did. Hobart plays at Norwich in the NEHC final on saturday.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Hobart did not lose last night. Plymouth State did. Hobart plays at Norwich in the NEHC final on saturday.
              Thanks Prez thought I missed something

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                Thanks Prez thought I missed something
                However, when Hobart loses on Saturday, your hopes will rest on UNE winning. Otherwise you will probably be a dead as Plymouth State
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Oooops, I read a headline incorrectly, my error, my apologies.
                  I like our chances again.

Comment

must have missed the post when do the NCAA smokie room results come out??

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      must have missed the post when do the NCAA smokie room results come out??
                      Monday 10am
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

10:00am Flex time....

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

CHAMPIONSHIP GAMEDAY - OSWEGO V PLATTSBURGH - RONNIE B - 3PM - Lakers are 0-3-1 against the Cardinals this season - last game a 2-2 tie...do you believe in miracles (or miracurls)?
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Here's what we're looking at guys (At 9:10 pm Sat night)

POOL A -
                            CCC: Nichols
                            MASCAC: Fitchburg State/UMass Dartmouth
                            MIAC: Gustavus Adolphus/Augsburg
                            NCHA: St. Norbert
                            NEHC: Hobart
                            NESCAC: Trinity
                            SUNYAC: Geneseo

Pool B: Wisconsin-Stevens Point

Pool C:
                            Salve Regina, University of New England, Adrian…

????

I'm guessing it's between Oswego and Utica? Utica had a phenomenal outing against an extremely difficult Elmira team, but probably not enough to jump the Lakers. The most important thing for Oswego is to have Buffalo State remain in the rankings, gives them two wins vs. RNK.

Comment

I may be wrong but I seem to recall that for selection purposes a team counts as ranked as long as they were ranked in one of the last two NCAA rankings. Meaning Buff State is ranked regardless of what the next rankings look like.

Edit: from the D3hockey bracketogy article:
                              “For the sake of RNK, the NCAA considers a team ranked only if it is ranked in either of the final two regional rankings (February 27 & March 4)”
                              Last edited by KnightsOfTheRound; 03-03-2018, 08:16 PM.
                              #OneKnight

Comment

Good point, never knew that.

Comment

Working...
                                X