Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

It's a sad day in Oswego today as Jabber shared the news that Greene's is closing the end of the month...It was a great run - good luck to him and his family as they start a new chapter...on the plus side he can enjoy watching the Lakers in person instead of a glimpse on his big screen while making those award winning wings......
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Horn, Farabee, Ferreira, Durocher slot in looks like we we are trying out a larger lineup maybe the desperately needed punisher line.

Comment

Lakers up 4-1 after 1 over Naz.

Comment

A nice win for us tonight. I liked what I saw in the first period. Nice physical play. The power play with a body in front of the net = 2 goals. Congrats to Durocher and Horn for 1st goals of the year and we got back Ferreira. Like the line of Durocher, Ferriera and Farabee. Liked Horns game for it seemed he was always in front of the net looking for a rebound, loose puck or a goal. Richer made some outstanding and game changing saves at point blank range. Pelnik better step up his game for when MacMillan returns he will sit. Sorta wished Naz started like they played after the time out what a different team after it. Next weekends game will be a good one for Cortland always plays us tough. We need to play all 3 periods like we did the first for the 2nd and 3rd we played a little of the physical play.
          Oswego '88

Comment

Think Pelniks game is fine. We need MacMillan back in a hurry, Brun did not look good either reinjured his shoulder or a wrist, went straight back to the locker room after the hit.

Comment

Berry's goal was one of the prettiest I have ever seen. Lifted puck up and then hit it in the net, all on his backhand... sweet. Richer looks like the goalie for the rest of the season, stopped a breakaway cold and made some other big saves.

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                A nice win for us tonight. I liked what I saw in the first period. Nice physical play. The power play with a body in front of the net = 2 goals. Congrats to Durocher and Horn for 1st goals of the year and we got back Ferreira. Like the line of Durocher, Ferriera and Farabee. Liked Horns game for it seemed he was always in front of the net looking for a rebound, loose puck or a goal. Richer made some outstanding and game changing saves at point blank range. Pelnik better step up his game for when MacMillan returns he will sit. Sorta wished Naz started like they played after the time out what a different team after it. Next weekends game will be a good one for Cortland always plays us tough. We need to play all 3 periods like we did the first for the 2nd and 3rd we played a little of the physical play.
                Oswego '88
                Nailed it on ALL accounts....Whats up with MacM?? PP didnt waste time got the puck and put it to the net great job...Berry had a circus goal..Allen has been a stud,he seems to get better each game,Novak as well..Good to have Ferreira back..Big weekend coming up cant look past Cort to Utica...

Comment

Great start, good but not great the rest of the way. Not a Pelnik fan. I'm not sure how they can keep Horn out of lineup, kid's plus 4 in limited 5 games(penalties may hurt him). Yes Richer looks like the man, but I would give Cedric Cortland, keep him ready if we need him. I feel for Scorpio, good player, good hands, but no puck luck and probably lost confidence. Seeing the effectiveness of the new guys in the lineup, makes me wonder why we didn't see fresh lakes with size last Saturday?!? Durocher may play defense next week? The PP attitude was totally different, save the pass arounds for the Xbox, shoot and crash the net, paid off.
                  All three loss's have come on the back end of back to backs. Let's have fresh legs against Utica Sat. no matter what happens Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                    Great start, good but not great the rest of the way. Not a Pelnik fan. I'm not sure how they can keep Horn out of lineup, kid's plus 4 in limited 5 games(penalties may hurt him). Yes Richer looks like the man, but I would give Cedric Cortland, keep him ready if we need him. I feel for Scorpio, good player, good hands, but no puck luck and probably lost confidence. Seeing the effectiveness of the new guys in the lineup, makes me wonder why we didn't see fresh lakes with size last Saturday?!? Durocher may play defense next week? The PP attitude was totally different, save the pass arounds for the Xbox, shoot and crash the net, paid off.
                    All three loss's have come on the back end of back to backs. Let's have fresh legs against Utica Sat. no matter what happens Friday.
                    Yes may see Ceddy vs.Cort...Scorpio hustles and had a few grade A chances the other night couldn't cash in, he will see more ice for sure..As for Durocher playing D??? Not sure who he may be playing for,but rather go with 5 dmen ,nothing against Durocher, but thats a tough transaction...did we have a dman go down?? and when will Macmillian be back..I think we will see at least 3 or 4 new dmen next yr,we have a smaller roster size this year as in comparison to the last few yrs,hurt losing Rutkowski as well. Utica has Naz at home the night we play Cort,so they will be playing back to back as well,albeit at home..as for Horn 2 pens in 5 games nothing to bad,he finishes checks,hustles and showed he has hands on his goal..
                    Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-14-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      Yes may see Ceddy vs.Cort...Scorpio hustles and had a few grade A chances the other night couldn't cash in, he will see more ice for sure..As for Durocher playing D??? Not sure who he may be playing for,but rather go with 5 dmen ,nothing against Durocher, but thats a tough transaction...did we have a dman go down?? and when will Macmillian be back..I think we will see at least 3 or 4 new dmen next yr,we have a smaller roster size this year as in comparison to the last few yrs,hurt losing Rutkowski as well. Utica has Naz at home the night we play Cort,so they will be playing back to back as well,albeit at home..as for Horn 2 pens in 5 games nothing to bad,he finishes checks,hustles and showed he has hands on his goal..
                      Brun left earlier in the 3rd, went straight back with medical staff looked shoulder or wrist related. Hit was right in front of my seats, not pretty and a no call. Much lesser hit 20 seconds later and we get a penalty pretty ticky tacky **** from our favorite reff.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                        Brun left earlier in the 3rd, went straight back with medical staff looked shoulder or wrist related. Hit was right in front of my seats, not pretty and a no call. Much lesser hit 20 seconds later and we get a penalty pretty ticky tacky **** from our favorite reff.
                        10-4........still no info on MacMillan???

Comment

MacMillan is still dealing with an upper-body injury he suffered vs. Plattsburgh that forced him out of the game. Will find out this week on timetable for return.

As for goalies this weekend - Still expect Richer vs. Cortland and Hansen vs. Utica. Richer always gets the Friday start and it's very unlikely that he plays on the road during a quick turn-around for an early game (Remember Sat. night vs. Elmira on 10/28 and then Hansen on road vs. Hobart on 10/29).

I'm not sure why Oswego signed themselves up for two early road games vs tough opponents after a 7 pm home game the night before...

10/28 - Home vs. Elmira 7 p.m.
                          10/29 - Away vs. Hobart 4 p.m. (Loss)

1/19 - Home vs. Cortland 7 p.m.
                          1/20 - Away vs. Utica 2 p.m. !!!! (why so early)

I think Richer is the better goaltender, but you have to give Hansen the benefit of the doubt that he will have two GP against tough opponents with his team on short rest. I don't get the reason for this scheduling at all, especially doing it now twice.

Comment

Thanks, that must have been fairly serious if he has been out since Platty,5 weeks ago,lets not rush him back if that is the case...Can only say at least Utica plays Friday as well vs Naz who will give them a good game,but both home games,I would hope we can dress 6 healthy dmen for that weekend set? Still think we see Hansen Fri and Richer sat,if Hansen at all...

Comment

IMO
                              The Rotation is over. Richer is the man. It doesn't make sense to feed Hanson to Utica. Hanson hasn't played since Vermont, if he is going to get a game this weekend, (I think he should) give him Cortland, and a chance. Richer is ready, let him take a shot at Utica with team on short rest. We don't have a win a against a rank team yet, I want Richer against Utica. I would expect Richer to get most of the games from here on in, but Cortland Friday night is the spot I would get Hanson back in.

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                                MacMillan is still dealing with an upper-body injury he suffered vs. Plattsburgh that forced him out of the game. Will find out this week on timetable for return.

As for goalies this weekend - Still expect Richer vs. Cortland and Hansen vs. Utica. Richer always gets the Friday start and it's very unlikely that he plays on the road during a quick turn-around for an early game (Remember Sat. night vs. Elmira on 10/28 and then Hansen on road vs. Hobart on 10/29).

I'm not sure why Oswego signed themselves up for two early road games vs tough opponents after a 7 pm home game the night before...

10/28 - Home vs. Elmira 7 p.m.
                                10/29 - Away vs. Hobart 4 p.m. (Loss)

1/19 - Home vs. Cortland 7 p.m.
                                1/20 - Away vs. Utica 2 p.m. !!!! (why so early)

I think Richer is the better goaltender, but you have to give Hansen the benefit of the doubt that he will have two GP against tough opponents with his team on short rest. I don't get the reason for this scheduling at all, especially doing it now twice.
                                2:00 game vs Utica because the Comets play home at 7:00 vs the Crunch. I'll ask again, how's Spink looking ?
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X