Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its personal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Lost to them in the semifinal. 2-1 IIRC. Kevin Amborski absolutely stood on his head making around 40 saves for Fredonia in net. Oswego outshot Freddy 2 to 1 in the game.

It was maddening watching that game from the student section.
    Wasn't the GWG the result of a big rebound that left a sitter to the forward who had a wide open net?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Wasn't the GWG the result of a big rebound that left a sitter to the forward who had a wide open net?
      Don't remember the goals...just remember Amborski being unbelievable all night.

EDIT: and i had the score wrong...it was 3-2...not 2-1. OT winner on PP.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: Oswego state hockey 2017-18 - green, gold and teal - it's not business, its perso

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Something like that. I remember people explaining it like, "I started walking out before the shot was taken."
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Notable swap out, no Molinaro or Berry two of our top forwards, yikes. Slotted in Bruce, Ferreria, Dorazio.
          Last edited by OZrebel; 02-24-2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Via Twitter guess some sickness hit the team, maybe the reason for the omissions, either way we take a hit not having Berry he's a sparkplug

Comment

What a **** show the offense is, doesn't even deserve at at large miracle.

Comment

10 days ago we were the #1 seed in the east. Today we are probably outside looking in. The sudden dramatic fall is hard to understand. Three straight losses, the top line stopped scoring and even Richer had a bad game. The PP was consistently bad all year. I felt for Herlihey out there, he never quit, he tried his best but he couldn't score. In reality this team probably over achieved all year but it felt like we lost to an inferior team last night.
                I think there is a chance we get the last Pool C bid. If Buffalo state can stay ranked our "RNK" is very high, our strength of schedule is good but our win percentage could sink us. 18-6-2 might be enough for the last Pool C bid if 8 teams from the east end up in the tourney. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                  10 days ago we were the #1 seed in the east. Today we are probably outside looking in. The sudden dramatic fall is hard to understand. Three straight losses, the top line stopped scoring and even Richer had a bad game. The PP was consistently bad all year. I felt for Herlihey out there, he never quit, he tried his best but he couldn't score. In reality this team probably over achieved all year but it felt like we lost to an inferior team last night.
                  I think there is a chance we get the last Pool C bid. If Buffalo state can stay ranked our "RNK" is very high, our strength of schedule is good but our win percentage could sink us. 18-6-2 might be enough for the last Pool C bid if 8 teams from the east end up in the tourney. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
                  Well, I think Oswego would get in ahead of Marian for Pool C. I really think the Lakers are still in play. Especially is Hobart and U of New England both win today.
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                    Well, I think Oswego would get in ahead of Marian for Pool C. I really think the Lakers are still in play. Especially is Hobart and U of New England both win today.
                    I think one of the biggest things that could help is if Hobart beats Norwich next week, that would certainly open up another spot. I think Hobart gets an At-large if they lose though.

Comment

The Lakers have a chance, but it is slim, they would need every team that is favored to win their conference tourney to actually win it, except for Utica. Here's the dream scenario. (Western matchups don't matter - Loser of Adrian/SNC is getting in anyway)

CCC : University of New England
                      MASCAC: Plymouth State
                      NEHC: Hobart
                      NESCAC: Trinity
                      SUNYAC: Geneseo
                      UCHC: Elmira

That would leave the at-large bids to: Adrian/SNC, Salve Regina, ???

If Utica wins, they'll get the pool C bid as Wisconsin-Stevens Point will most likely get the Pool B bid. That's why we should all be rooting for Elmira.

But Oswego would still be favored over Buffalo State, and MAYBE over Norwich for the last spot. It would be tough, but they need all the favored teams to win the conference because they still might be favored over all the other non-winners.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                        The Lakers have a chance, but it is slim, they would need every team that is favored to win their conference tourney to actually win it, except for Utica. Here's the dream scenario. (Western matchups don't matter - Loser of Adrian/SNC is getting in anyway)

CCC : University of New England
                        MASCAC: Plymouth State
                        NEHC: Hobart
                        NESCAC: Trinity
                        SUNYAC: Geneseo
                        UCHC: Elmira

That would leave the at-large bids to: Adrian/SNC, Salve Regina, ???

If Utica wins, they'll get the pool C bid as Wisconsin-Stevens Point will most likely get the Pool B bid. That's why we should all be rooting for Elmira.

But Oswego would still be favored over Buffalo State, and MAYBE over Norwich for the last spot. It would be tough, but they need all the favored teams to win the conference because they still might be favored over all the other non-winners.
                        If Freddy wins next week they will surely be ranked by NCAA somehow. That will be another loss against ranked team. Good luck, but I think the Wizard of Oz really needs to perform a wish this time.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Although two wins against them would be better than the loss.... Either way they should be rooting for Geneseo.

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                            Overachievers, overrated, just plain over...looking at the the body work, not exactly great, two tourney losses including our own, tough sledding losses and ties against Hobart, Genny, UC, teams where statements need to be made. And for some strange reason, stage fright on home ice. Baffling. We spank Freddy 5-0 at their place and then turn around and choke away the SUNYAC at home against the same 10 loss team.....if this was hoops I don't know if we would get a NIT Invite. Big stages need big plays, fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                              Overachievers, overrated, just plain over...looking at the the body work, not exactly great, two tourney losses including our own, tough sledding losses and ties against Hobart, Genny, UC, teams where statements need to be made. And for some strange reason, stage fright on home ice. Baffling. We spank Freddy 5-0 at their place and then turn around and choke away the SUNYAC at home against the same 10 loss team.....if this was hoops I don't know if we would get a NIT Invite. Big stages need big plays, fellas.
                              Okay this is a little ridiculous... Wouldn't get an NIT invite? Save your hyperbole and dramatic woes for somewhere else. This team was at point 18-3-2 and the #1 team in the East, and yes, they collapsed. But there's a difference between overachieving and overrated, they were the former but not the latter.

And comparing playing on the road for teams like Geneseo and Utica is so far different then playing a team like Fredonia on the road, the comparison shouldn't even be made. Coming away with ties in those games was incredibly difficult.

Yes they did struggle in the big games... whiteout weekend, the two tournament losses, SUNYACs etc. But remember the 2-0 defecit against Elmira to come back and win 4-2, the 1-3 defecit against Fredonia to then score 3 goals in 2 minutes and win 5-3. Scoring 3 goals in 15 minutes against Geneseo at home to lock up home ice.

Let's promote good, articulate conversations on this forum, not "i don't know if we would get a NIT invite" exaggeration.

Comment

Just back from the OBX,.....didnt get to watch the game,figured I would be able to watch Oz in the championship game,ugh...I am guessing from the box it was a continuation of Whiteout weekend?? Well we dont have that many skilled goal scorers and a gues it has hurt us in the end,but this team has the heart for sure...As for Ncaa,who knows but would it just hurt more with another game??? We will see...p.s No Berry and Molinaro,illness/injury/bad behavior??? Those are 2 big players,but they DID play whiteout as well..

Comment

Working...
                                X