Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 209

Thread: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

  1. #81
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    17,362

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    If UAA plays like they did last weekend a split is definitely a possibility.

  2. #82
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,596

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    If UAA plays like they did last weekend a split is definitely a possibility.
    I really hope for them to do well last year, but they took some WCHA teams to OT down the stretch and still missed the playoffs. Someone get Mantha some goals!

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  3. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    102

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Well, more of the same from the BG Falcons in their season opener. Control the play, outshoot the other team by double digits, but nobody can bury a shot to save their lives......arggh.

    No way we should have lost that game to WMU, but we did. Outplayed Western for at least 50 of 60 minutes with nada to show for it.

    BG really needs somebody to step up a be able to finish a freaking play......but we have for 3 years now for that matter. Never seen a program that can miss so many open nets or hit the post on the open net.

  4. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by bravohankins View Post
    Well, more of the same from the BG Falcons in their season opener. Control the play, outshoot the other team by double digits, but nobody can bury a shot to save their lives......arggh.

    No way we should have lost that game to WMU, but we did. Outplayed Western for at least 50 of 60 minutes with nada to show for it.

    BG really needs somebody to step up a be able to finish a freaking play......but we have for 3 years now for that matter. Never seen a program that can miss so many open nets or hit the post on the open net.
    For us, I've never seen a team shoot it more square in the chest of the opposing goalie.

  5. #85
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback Cityô, LOL
    Posts
    26,049

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    For us, I've never seen a team shoot it more square in the chest of the opposing goalie.
    Sounds like MTU circa 1999-2011.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Weston
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    And how would you like them to do that? Fine teams that do it? Itís easy for you to say at BG where you have UM, MSU, OSU, WMU, Robert Morris, Meecyhurst, Penn State, Miami, Niagara, Canisius & Notre Dame all within a five hour bus ride. NMU has Tech, LSSU & UMD in that same radius.
    Apparently, scheduling home non-conference games hasn't exactly been easy at BG either.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154732918321721&id=286310076720

  7. #87
    Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...
    Posts
    5,232

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    I know one night doesn't make a season, but tonight has been a good night
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

    Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

    Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

    Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

  8. #88
    Inspired by Actual Events
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    da tech
    Posts
    5,696

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    I know one night doesn't make a season, but tonight has been a good night
    I'm going to print and frame a screenshot of this pairwise if St. Cloud loses
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

  9. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,162
    Quote Originally Posted by pdt1081 View Post
    Apparently, scheduling home non-conference games hasn't exactly been easy at BG either.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154732918321721&id=286310076720
    Itís good to see State do that. It sounds like they have an even swap coming with NMU in the future as well.

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Pretty good start to the season for the WCHA to have a chance at 2 bids. Big wins by both MSU and Bemidji. Thought Alaska was gonna come up with one for the first two periods as well

  11. #91

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    20,792
    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Itís good to see State do that. It sounds like they have an even swap coming with NMU in the future as well.
    Maybe there will be some changes now that the egos have been removed from Ann Arbor and East Lansing.

  12. #92

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    We failed the conference last night.

  13. #93
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,752

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Maybe there will be some changes now that the egos have been removed from Ann Arbor and East Lansing.
    Make no mistake, the ego is still in Ann Arbor.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  14. #94
    I love (goal) lamp
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Make no mistake, the ego is still in Ann Arbor.
    Both the fans and from the second he was named, the coach.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Weston
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Maybe there will be some changes now that the egos have been removed from Ann Arbor and East Lansing.
    I don't think it's so much the egos, as simply getting as many home games as possible. Bergeron has said from the beginning that "we're not going to play anybody that's not willing to play us on equal terms." And they've stuck with it.

    If teams were willing to do 2 for 1, why wouldn't you? If the smaller schools would have stuck together, and nobody settled for a 2 for 1 agreement, they wouldn't have happened. The big schools need the little schools as much as vice versa.

  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    271

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Big NC wins by MSU, BSU and BGSU last night! Keep it rolling!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  17. #97
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,596

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    I didn't watch either Alaska game, but I watched parts of FSU-NMU, MTU-LSSU, and BSU-UMD on WCHA.tv, all with a native app on a Fire TV streaming off of my LTE hotspot (way to go, Fire TV, for not supporting WPA2-Enterprise so I could use the NASA BYOD wifi network). All three feeds looked great. I still had to put up with the truly weird intonations of the LSSU PBP guy, but it was a very good experience all told. I do wish that they had a Roku app, because my new office TV is a Roku-based TV (which, okay, whatever, it's 4K HDR for under $350 at 43"). I really can't believe how good it was.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    We failed the conference last night.
    I beg to differ.

  19. #99

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    20,792
    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    I didn't watch either Alaska game, but I watched parts of FSU-NMU, MTU-LSSU, and BSU-UMD on WCHA.tv, all with a native app on a Fire TV streaming off of my LTE hotspot (way to go, Fire TV, for not supporting WPA2-Enterprise so I could use the NASA BYOD wifi network). All three feeds looked great. I still had to put up with the truly weird intonations of the LSSU PBP guy, but it was a very good experience all told. I do wish that they had a Roku app, because my new office TV is a Roku-based TV (which, okay, whatever, it's 4K HDR for under $350 at 43"). I really can't believe how good it was.

    GFM
    NMU@FSU looked like horsesh** for me. There was interlacing and really bad artifacting at times. It appeared to be a 480i camera with 720p graphics.

    The ASU@AF game looked miles better. 1080p quality.
    Last edited by aparch; 10-14-2017 at 06:05 PM.

  20. #100
    Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...
    Posts
    5,232

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Quote Originally Posted by pdt1081 View Post
    Apparently, scheduling home non-conference games hasn't exactly been easy at BG either.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=286310076720
    I think we've made progress already despite being just two weeks in... Hopefully this is the start of a trend
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

    Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

    Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

    Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •