WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Update on the Tech band at NMU question - they did play during the 1992 WCHA playoff series in Lakeview.

And for those of you streaming tomorrow... FoxUP will stream the pregame show LIVE for FREE starting at 6pm. They will then begin streaming immediately at the end of the game for the trophy presentation, also for free. So if you don't feel like springing for the WCHA.tv show, you can at least get these two. The site is uppermichiganssource.com to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      Update on the Tech band at NMU question - they did play during the 1992 WCHA playoff series in Lakeview.

And for those of you streaming tomorrow... FoxUP will stream the pregame show LIVE for FREE starting at 6pm. They will then begin streaming immediately at the end of the game for the trophy presentation, also for free. So if you don't feel like springing for the WCHA.tv show, you can at least get these two. The site is uppermichiganssource.com to find it.
      But the only way to watch the game itself is on wcha.tv?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Come on Techies that couldn't get tickets... I will be surfing reddit tomorrow looking for a link.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
          I don't see the FOX UP available on my apple TV, I routinely get fox north and college sports on there but no UP. Does anyone know if that is available other than on WCHA-TV?
          Fox up is an over the air fox affiliate, not a fox sports channel.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Fox up is an over the air fox affiliate, not a fox sports channel.
            We do need a Fox Sports UP channel. It will never happen though.
            MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
            2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

So the game tonight will be the truest test of whether Stretch is full of **** or not. Are some arenas the problem? Yes, absolutely. But if there's a 3-5 Mbps feed out of the BEC, or if Stretch picks up the feed from Fox UP's studios, there won't be any viable excuses.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                So the game tonight will be the truest test of whether Stretch is full of **** or not. Are some arenas the problem? Yes, absolutely. But if there's a 3-5 Mbps feed out of the BEC, or if Stretch picks up the feed from Fox UP's studios, there won't be any viable excuses.

GFM
                The feed will be coming from the Berry for the game. Curious to see the difference with the pregame stream if it gets enough traffic to be a relevant comparison, since that part will be coming from the studio.

Comment

The feed will be coming from the Berry for the game. Curious to see the difference with the pregame stream if it gets enough traffic to be a relevant comparison, since that part will be coming from the studio.
                  Let's go Huskies!
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Hopefully the pregame show gets enough viewers to give it a good comparison.

Comment

Thanks aparch for the insight... In my black and gold colored glasses, I would take the part were they canceled online sales to protect the locals as a blatant attempt to stop as many tech fans as possible from getting tickets and the alumni were collateral damage.

Good for them to try to maximize their home ice advantage , but it sure doesn't fall into all the characteristics that the WCHA promotes such as sportsmanship and integrity. I don't think any institution thought another institution would stoop to those levels when they brought the playoffs out of a neutral site. It still is the WCHA championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                        I would take the part were they canceled online sales to protect the locals as a blatant attempt to stop as many tech fans as possible from getting tickets and the alumni were collateral damage.
                        I don't buy the website crash as an excuse to do what they did, which includes:

- Told fans at the BGSU game tickets would be available at the box office and online right after the Tech game ended but turned them away.
                        - Changed sales process in the middle of the night with no notice.
                        - Rushed to open the box office at 8:00 AM which was probably about the time most people found out the sales process changed
                        - Sold tickets at a 10/transaction rate which ensured they would be gone before anyone could drive from Houghton to get in line.
                        - Made multiple transactions to the season ticket holders, selling a reported 40 tickets to one man.
                        - Made no attempt to restore the online sales and did not offer any phone sales for no apparent reason.

All this adds up to what I believe was a deliberate concerted effort to keep Tech fans out of the building. They knew it would not take long for the tickets to sell out. There is no reason they could not fix the website and start selling tickets on Tuesday or even Wednesday with ample notice to fans.

As you say the alumni (as well as other NMU fans that could not show up in person early Monday morning) were collateral damage. I sure am happy I am not one of them.

And NMU fans wonder why people say they are a low-class school.

Comment

Cry me a river of tears Husky fans. Get off your high horse. Had Tech hosted this game, they would have done everything in their power to control the flow of NMU fans through the turnstiles as well. Probably the biggest reason NMU had to control the amount of fans coming from Houghton is one single fact, "Tech Women are Husky" and our seats are too **** small! Go Cats Go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                            Cry me a river of tears Husky fans. Get off your high horse. Had Tech hosted this game, they would have done everything in their power to control the flow of NMU fans through the turnstiles as well. Probably the biggest reason NMU had to control the amount of fans coming from Houghton is one single fact, "Tech Women are Husky" and our seats are too **** small! Go Cats Go!!!
                            A team that sits in, or close to, first place of the league standings that can only fill 53% of their seats unless Tech is in town, all while playing in "Hockeyville" hardly would have a flow of fans through the turnstiles. More like a tinkle of Mildcat fans.

I'm sure Tech could easily accommodate the 500 diehards willing to drive all the way to Houghton. They proved last year how to sell tickets over the internet and phones without ****ing off their alumni.

Comment

Good Luck Northern! Beat Tech!

Comment

Tech is off to the NCAA again!!! Great game. We came to play and played well!

Comment

Working...
                                X