X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    well mostly
    I agree but I thought the refs missed a LOT early in the game. Guys repeatedly interfered with no call. Guys taken down, no call. I thought it was not well officiated at any point.Ferris ran multiple pick plays no call. I got tired of shouting at the TV.
    That's a fair assessment. I'd rather see a consistent game than every little thing get called. The first period set a tone that didn't last the whole night. All that crap happening away from the play in the third period was happening in the first as well.
    This space for sale.

Comment

Speaking of Saulnier, guess what.

He checked Myles Fitzgerald from behind into the boards. He got another five minute major and a game misconduct. And because he didn't leave immediately and had choice words for when he finally did, he got another 10 for abuse of officials. Only 33 seconds into the game. He'll get a fourth suspension.

That's now nine game misconducts, one game disqualification, and five 10-minute misconduct penalties in his career (in addition to the suspensions).

We're just so sick and tired of this.

If he actually ends up with the Huntsville Havoc...
      Michael Napier - UAH '97
      uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
      U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
      NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
      CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
      CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
        Speaking of Saulnier, guess what.

He checked Myles Fitzgerald from behind into the boards. He got another five minute major and a game misconduct. And because he didn't leave immediately and had choice words for when he finally did, he got another 10 for abuse of officials. Only 33 seconds into the game. He'll get a fourth suspension.

That's now nine game misconducts, one game disqualification, and five 10-minute misconduct penalties in his career (in addition to the suspensions).

We're just so sick and tired of this.

If he actually ends up with the Huntsville Havoc...
        When he comes back and hurts someone (and both of those things seem inevitable at this point), what’s the league going to tell the injured kid? “Hey, sorry. Didn’t see this one coming”?

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
          When he comes back and hurts someone (and both of those things seem inevitable at this point), what’s the league going to tell the injured kid? “Hey, sorry. Didn’t see this one coming”?
          Then you get a lawsuit which the league will lose....

Comment

Maybe the policy ought to be that you get a minimum of so many games for the first and increasing for each additional, and also that you get a minimum of however long the player you hit is out. So if he gets a concussion and is out for 6 weeks, so are you.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              Maybe the policy ought to be that you get a minimum of so many games for the first and increasing for each additional, and also that you get a minimum of however long the player you hit is out. So if he gets a concussion and is out for 6 weeks, so are you.
              Each suspension does get longer, but it’s only required to do that with with DQs.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                Do you really think that teams are going to come to Alaska just because they have the exemption? Do you really think that you can recruit any student-athletes that are any good knowing that they're not going to play in the postseason? I spent three seasons waiting for my alma mater's program to die as an independent. Leaving the WCHA for independent life is a death sentence.

GFM
                Both schools here are staring death in the face. Both Alaska schools. are not in the shoes of UAH. Both schools have ties to the oldWCHA and CCHA schools, still schedule games with them. You guys were able to schedule teams as an independent, the Gov Cup can easily go to eight games, and don't forget about ASU until they find a home.

UAA needs to do something else, not only for the school but for the city as well. It's now because of UAA that the city is gonna have to foot the multi million loss upcoming from renting the Sully. There's no way we are making any money, and the only time we do is when we play the big schools. Yes, gas is increasing in price but too little, almost too late.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                  BGSU and NMU are 18 and 19 in the Pairwise and playing some good hockey. Dare we dream of MORE than 2 NCAA bids?
                  Not going to happen. I just don't see BGSU or NMU gatting into the top 12 or 13 and being safe from any conference tournament upsets. Plus, you can't end up with Mankato, BG and Northern all in the league championship, so more than likely whichever team got beat oit in the Semis would take a hit that would knock them out in the PairWise.
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                    Both schools here are staring death in the face. Both Alaska schools. are not in the shoes of UAH. Both schools have ties to the oldWCHA and CCHA schools, still schedule games with them. You guys were able to schedule teams as an independent, the Gov Cup can easily go to eight games, and don't forget about ASU until they find a home.

UAA needs to do something else, not only for the school but for the city as well. It's now because of UAA that the city is gonna have to foot the multi million loss upcoming from renting the Sully. There's no way we are making any money, and the only time we do is when we play the big schools. Yes, gas is increasing in price but too little, almost too late.
                    You know why no one will schedule an independent UAA? It's the same reason that they wouldn't play us: the travel sucks, and you don't gain very much by laying down the wood. I don't remember what we did to DU's PWR the year the boys beat them in OT, but it can't have helped since it was our only D-I win that year.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                      Not going to happen. I just don't see BGSU or NMU gatting into the top 12 or 13 and being safe from any conference tournament upsets. Plus, you can't end up with Mankato, BG and Northern all in the league championship, so more than likely whichever team got beat oit in the Semis would take a hit that would knock them out in the PairWise.
                      The path to 3 teams (need someone to check this for me):

o BG and NMU win out in the regular season
                      o Mankato loses 1 in the regular season
                      >>>>Final conference standings: 1-NMU (67), 2-MSU (66), 3-BGSU (64)
                      o BG, NMU, MSU sweep in the first round of the playoffs
                      o NMU sweeps in the second round of the playoffs
                      o BG sweeps MSU in the second round of the playoffs
                      o Hope and pray like hell that the right teams above us lose to the right teams at the right time.

Mankato, NMU, and BG are in regardless of the Broadmoor outcome.

I don't know if the math on this works, but it's about the only scenario that seems close.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                        The path to 3 teams (need someone to check this for me):

o BG and NMU win out in the regular season
                        o Mankato loses 1 in the regular season
                        >>>>Final conference standings: 1-NMU (67), 2-MSU (66), 3-BGSU (64)
                        o BG, NMU, MSU sweep in the first round of the playoffs
                        o NMU sweeps in the second round of the playoffs
                        o BG sweeps MSU in the second round of the playoffs
                        o Hope and pray like hell that the right teams above us lose to the right teams at the right time.

Mankato, NMU, and BG are in regardless of the Broadmoor outcome.

I don't know if the math on this works, but it's about the only scenario that seems close.
                        Yeah, that's probably as close as you can get from a PWR perspective, but you'd still need a ton of help.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          I thought the guy was planning that hit from 40 ft away. He lined up the poor guy from way out, knocked him flat and then he celebrated afterwards. That's why I said it was the worst in a long time.

Second, the refereeing was atrocious, in both games we played. They let too much go early, and called penalties on things that were questionable later on to try to get things under control. . Then things got out of hand.
                          The league needs to bench that kid for more than a game at this point.
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post

Granted the Aces have only been dead less than a year, but I’m surprised nobody has tried to put a NAHL franchise in Anchorage (or, for that matter, that the Brown Bears haven’t moved to Anchorage).
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I think the league can live with one or two teams in the bottom 10, But with 4 or 5 teams in the bottom 10 it's a real albatros. I know many schools are struggling financially and i'm hopeful it turns around somehow for everyone's sake. Our top 5 teams are competitive with everyone and better than a lot of top teams from the east.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                The league needs to bench that kid for more than a game at this point.
                                I dunno....i thinl corbett should be shutting him down for a while. Of you're that selfish that you are willing to put your team in that position time anf again (let alone the safety of the guys you are competing against), your coach should sit you down to send a message to you and the team.
                                Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Working...
                                X