Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 985

Thread: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

  1. #761
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,478

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    The crew at the BEC has not been the problem. Itís all come from Stretch Internet.
    And as far as I know, Stretch continually blames the arenas (Not just NMU)...so what is it? I've always thought it was something about getting the feed to stretch from the arena...but who knows.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  2. #762
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Weston
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    The crew at the BEC has not been the problem. Itís all come from Stretch Internet.
    I'm guessing a big part of the problem on Sunday was switching to the Tech game during intermission for OT. It was flawless until then.

  3. #763
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    And as far as I know, Stretch continually blames the arenas (Not just NMU)...so what is it? I've always thought it was something about getting the feed to stretch from the arena...but who knows.
    There are arenas where transmission can be probematic. Believe me, I know. If Im having internet problems what is happening to the video signal. NMU is not one of them. Last weekend, I spoke with the producer here about complaints. The problems were not coming from here and the double checked everything again.

  4. #764
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,478

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    There are arenas where transmission can be probematic. Believe me, I know. If Im having internet problems what is happening to the video signal. NMU is not one of them. Last weekend, I spoke with the producer here about complaints. The problems were not coming from here and the double checked everything again.
    fair enough, I just know that every time I've complained, its felts like stretch is either right to blame the arena or passing the buck.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  5. #765
    what
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    359

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    I don't see the FOX UP available on my apple TV, I routinely get fox north and college sports on there but no UP. Does anyone know if that is available other than on WCHA-TV?

  6. #766
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Jeff Sauer Trophy in 2018
    Posts
    2,748

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Update on the Tech band at NMU question - they did play during the 1992 WCHA playoff series in Lakeview.

    And for those of you streaming tomorrow... FoxUP will stream the pregame show LIVE for FREE starting at 6pm. They will then begin streaming immediately at the end of the game for the trophy presentation, also for free. So if you don't feel like springing for the WCHA.tv show, you can at least get these two. The site is uppermichiganssource.com to find it.

  7. #767
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    U.P.
    Posts
    339

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Update on the Tech band at NMU question - they did play during the 1992 WCHA playoff series in Lakeview.

    And for those of you streaming tomorrow... FoxUP will stream the pregame show LIVE for FREE starting at 6pm. They will then begin streaming immediately at the end of the game for the trophy presentation, also for free. So if you don't feel like springing for the WCHA.tv show, you can at least get these two. The site is uppermichiganssource.com to find it.
    But the only way to watch the game itself is on wcha.tv?

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  8. #768
    what
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    359

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Come on Techies that couldn't get tickets... I will be surfing reddit tomorrow looking for a link.

  9. #769
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,478

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Quote Originally Posted by crossjcek View Post
    I don't see the FOX UP available on my apple TV, I routinely get fox north and college sports on there but no UP. Does anyone know if that is available other than on WCHA-TV?
    Fox up is an over the air fox affiliate, not a fox sports channel.

  10. #770
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Michigan's Copper Country
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Fox up is an over the air fox affiliate, not a fox sports channel.
    We do need a Fox Sports UP channel. It will never happen though.

  11. #771
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,880

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    So the game tonight will be the truest test of whether Stretch is full of **** or not. Are some arenas the problem? Yes, absolutely. But if there's a 3-5 Mbps feed out of the BEC, or if Stretch picks up the feed from Fox UP's studios, there won't be any viable excuses.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  12. #772
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Jeff Sauer Trophy in 2018
    Posts
    2,748
    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    So the game tonight will be the truest test of whether Stretch is full of **** or not. Are some arenas the problem? Yes, absolutely. But if there's a 3-5 Mbps feed out of the BEC, or if Stretch picks up the feed from Fox UP's studios, there won't be any viable excuses.

    GFM
    The feed will be coming from the Berry for the game. Curious to see the difference with the pregame stream if it gets enough traffic to be a relevant comparison, since that part will be coming from the studio.

  13. #773
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    6,450

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    The feed will be coming from the Berry for the game. Curious to see the difference with the pregame stream if it gets enough traffic to be a relevant comparison, since that part will be coming from the studio.
    Let's go Huskies!
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  14. #774
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    U.P.
    Posts
    339

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    The feed will be coming from the Berry for the game. Curious to see the difference with the pregame stream if it gets enough traffic to be a relevant comparison, since that part will be coming from the studio.
    Hopefully the pregame show gets enough viewers to give it a good comparison.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  15. #775
    Livin' the Suite Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hancock, MI
    Posts
    177

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Thanks aparch for the insight... In my black and gold colored glasses, I would take the part were they canceled online sales to protect the locals as a blatant attempt to stop as many tech fans as possible from getting tickets and the alumni were collateral damage.

    Good for them to try to maximize their home ice advantage , but it sure doesn't fall into all the characteristics that the WCHA promotes such as sportsmanship and integrity. I don't think any institution thought another institution would stoop to those levels when they brought the playoffs out of a neutral site. It still is the WCHA championship.

  16. #776
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    U.P.
    Posts
    339

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch_man View Post
    I would take the part were they canceled online sales to protect the locals as a blatant attempt to stop as many tech fans as possible from getting tickets and the alumni were collateral damage.
    I don't buy the website crash as an excuse to do what they did, which includes:

    - Told fans at the BGSU game tickets would be available at the box office and online right after the Tech game ended but turned them away.
    - Changed sales process in the middle of the night with no notice.
    - Rushed to open the box office at 8:00 AM which was probably about the time most people found out the sales process changed
    - Sold tickets at a 10/transaction rate which ensured they would be gone before anyone could drive from Houghton to get in line.
    - Made multiple transactions to the season ticket holders, selling a reported 40 tickets to one man.
    - Made no attempt to restore the online sales and did not offer any phone sales for no apparent reason.

    All this adds up to what I believe was a deliberate concerted effort to keep Tech fans out of the building. They knew it would not take long for the tickets to sell out. There is no reason they could not fix the website and start selling tickets on Tuesday or even Wednesday with ample notice to fans.

    As you say the alumni (as well as other NMU fans that could not show up in person early Monday morning) were collateral damage. I sure am happy I am not one of them.

    And NMU fans wonder why people say they are a low-class school.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  17. #777
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Gwinn, MI
    Posts
    1,783

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Cry me a river of tears Husky fans. Get off your high horse. Had Tech hosted this game, they would have done everything in their power to control the flow of NMU fans through the turnstiles as well. Probably the biggest reason NMU had to control the amount of fans coming from Houghton is one single fact, "Tech Women are Husky" and our seats are too **** small! Go Cats Go!!!

  18. #778
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    U.P.
    Posts
    339

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO View Post
    Cry me a river of tears Husky fans. Get off your high horse. Had Tech hosted this game, they would have done everything in their power to control the flow of NMU fans through the turnstiles as well. Probably the biggest reason NMU had to control the amount of fans coming from Houghton is one single fact, "Tech Women are Husky" and our seats are too **** small! Go Cats Go!!!
    A team that sits in, or close to, first place of the league standings that can only fill 53% of their seats unless Tech is in town, all while playing in "Hockeyville" hardly would have a flow of fans through the turnstiles. More like a tinkle of Mildcat fans.

    I'm sure Tech could easily accommodate the 500 diehards willing to drive all the way to Houghton. They proved last year how to sell tickets over the internet and phones without ****ing off their alumni.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  19. #779
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Findlay, OH USA
    Posts
    453

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Good Luck Northern! Beat Tech!

  20. #780
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hockey Dead Zone via New Hampshire via Michigan via Minnesota
    Posts
    122

    Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

    Tech is off to the NCAA again!!! Great game. We came to play and played well!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •