Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    The key is getting the recruits on campus. You get a kid from Canada, Northern MN, etc. down on a visit, where the dorms are littered with gorgeous women laying by the pool, etc. and then also provide an opportunity to play in the NCHC, for example? Uh yeah, where does my 18 year old self sign up?
    Are you saying Mankato doesn't have gorgeous women laying on the banks of the Minnesota River? MnSU getting out of the WCHA isn't going to change that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
      I'm not convinced that ASU is a long-term drag on any conference. I think that lacking a conference hurts them, and the facilities issue hurts them. If they can address those two things, they can probably recruit with anyone. Even if only 10% of college recruits want a warm climate in a larger city, all 10% go to Phoenix. Who else is there that competes in that context? The other 59 schools split the 90%. I say within 3 years of getting a rink and joining a conference (big unknowns at this point), ASU becomes a perennial contender. If I were the WCHA or NCHC, I'd get them in. They wouldn't be the only conference with an odd number of teams. Computers make scheduling easy.
      Well sure, other than the fact that the coach and his buddies are idiots and they have to travel more than almost any other team, then I would agree 100%.. Let's not let the hockey part of it interfere. Heck imagine a UND chick sunbathing at 40 below. I wonder if she will have all her teeth, or the Michigan girls. Now they are some doozies those girls.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        Are you saying Mankato doesn't have gorgeous women laying on the banks of the Minnesota River? MnSU getting out of the WCHA isn't going to change that.

Crazy that switching conferences won’t change the climate here, isn’t it?

Where the hockey team lives in Mankato, there are pools and beautiful women all over. However, that’s just from the end of May through Labor Day — ASU would have an advantage no other school has, and that’s a kick *** climate throughout the hockey season and school year, and while it wouldn’t be for all recruits, it would appease some of them, and allow the hockey program to begin to take off — ASU needs to acquire better talent to consistently be competitive — joining the NCHC and having a legit place to call home would help that immensely.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

joining the NCHC and having a legit place to call home would help that immensely.
          Joining ANY conference would help immensely. Do you just hope MnSU can ride their coattails and come in as the 10th team? I still don't understand your infatuation with the NaCHo.

Comment

Joining ANY conference would help immensely. Do you just hope MnSU can ride their coattails and come in as the 10th team? I still don't understand your infatuation with the NaCHo.

You don’t have to agree with the numerous points I’ve made as to why I think Minnesota State would benefit from joining the NCHC, but they are well documented throughout this thread.
            AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
              I'm not convinced that ASU is a long-term drag on any conference. I think that lacking a conference hurts them, and the facilities issue hurts them. If they can address those two things, they can probably recruit with anyone. Even if only 10% of college recruits want a warm climate in a larger city, all 10% go to Phoenix. Who else is there that competes in that context? The other 59 schools split the 90%. I say within 3 years of getting a rink and joining a conference (big unknowns at this point), ASU becomes a perennial contender. If I were the WCHA or NCHC, I'd get them in. They wouldn't be the only conference with an odd number of teams. Computers make scheduling easy.
              You do know that they were invited by the WCHA and they rejected that invitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                You do know that they were invited by the WCHA and they rejected that invitation.
                because they're holding out hope that eventually they'll get into the NCHC when they get their **** together.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

You don’t have to agree with the numerous points I’ve made as to why I think Minnesota State would benefit from joining the NCHC, but they are well documented throughout this thread.
                  I for one agree with all the points you've made. I'm convinced you would benefit by being with the Nachos and from MSUs perspective it's a no brainer. But what I haven't heard is what MSU brings to the Nachos and why they should approve your application. There has to be more to it than ensuring an even number of league teams if/when ASU gets in. What's the benefit to the non-Minnesota schools who currently make up more than half the league? Why Mankato?

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                    I for one agree with all the points you've made. I'm convinced you would benefit by being with the Nachos and from MSUs perspective it's a no brainer. But what I haven't heard is what MSU brings to the Nachos and why they should approve your application. There has to be more to it than ensuring an even number of league teams if/when ASU gets in. What's the benefit to the non-Minnesota schools who currently make up more than half the league? Why Mankato?
                    Well the only teams that I would think wouldn't vote for MSU is Miami and WMU...unless UND, SCSU, UMD, UNO want to keep the status quo for short NC travel.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Let's just call it what it is and name the next thread:

WCHA Season Thread 2018-19: In which Mankato kisses the WCHA good-bye...
                      and receives a reality check about the NCHC and the grass being greener in other places.

Ryan
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        Let's just call it what it is and name the next thread:

WCHA Season Thread 2018-19: In which Mankato kisses the WCHA good-bye...
                        and receives a reality check about the NCHC and the grass being greener in other places.

Ryan
                        ^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Comment

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Great philosopher, name was Jagger, I believe, said you can't always get what you want..
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I honestly don't believe Mankato is leaving the WCHA. However, like any good engineer, I wanted to do my research. So I contacted the MSU athletics department and asked if there was any truth to the rumors. They told me, they are absolutely true, and that they are already working on a give-away item for their first home game next season. I guess this is much more serious than I had imagined. They really do plan to leave. Seemed kind of cheap that they expect fans to buy the accessory framing tray on their own dime, but you can't be thinking about your fans if you're in the NCHC. You just need to focus on making a lot of money and being "like minded". At least they are being realistic and good humored about the conference change.

Ryan

PS Yes, I know that Fuchsia isn't currently one of your official team colors. However, fans are going to be surprised to learn that the university agreed to make this change as part of being accepted to the NCHC. I feel like UND really put the screws to MSU just to see how badly they wanted to get in by making that change part of the joining agreement.
                            Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 04-04-2018, 08:14 AM.
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Boy, if a team can win the MacNaughton 3 out of 5 years, the Broadmoor 2 out of 5, never finish lower than 3rd, and win at least one playoff series in each of the 5 years of the nWCHA, but would be a doormat in another conference, the rest of you guys must be really terrible!

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                                Boy, if a team can win the MacNaughton 3 out of 5 years, the Broadmoor 2 out of 5, never finish lower than 3rd, and win at least one playoff series in each of the 5 years of the nWCHA, but would be a doormat in another conference, the rest of you guys must be really terrible!
                                Lol
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X