Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    If I have the ability to sway the standings, wouldn't UAH be #1?
    GFM
    And I'll bet you would slot Tech in 8th, just so you could beat us in the FOURTH OT.
    Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Here is another question. Let's suppose ASu announces next month that they will have a 4500 seat rink up and going for the 19-20 season. Let's further suppose that they announce shortly after that they have applied for admission to the Nchc. Will mankato then apply also? I also wonder if the Nchc will ask for travel subsidies, because I can tell you, WMU and Miami will not be liking ANY additional travel.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        And I'll bet you would slot Tech in 8th, just so you could beat us in the FOURTH OT.
        Ryan
        Correct, but why stop at four?

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          Here is another question. Let's suppose ASu announces next month that they will have a 4500 seat rink up and going for the 19-20 season. Let's further suppose that they announce shortly after that they have applied for admission to the Nchc. Will mankato then apply also? I also wonder if the Nchc will ask for travel subsidies, because I can tell you, WMU and Miami will not be liking ANY additional travel.
          Very interesting question, but I’m sure the subsidies would be far lower than those whoch the WCHA wanted
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            Very interesting question, but I’m sure the subsidies would be far lower than those whoch the WCHA wanted
            I'm sure. I'd like to hear from someone in the know in Mankato what they plan to do.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

We already know MSU would like to join the NCHC. Their last application was tabled, not denied. It’s a matter of when, not if.
              Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

I have a question regarding WCHA TV hoping that somebody can help me out: does a game pass allow me to watch an archived game, and if so how long does it take for the game to be available? More specifically, is there a way to watch a game that is in progress from the beginning without knowing the actual statue of that game. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  any opportunity MSU gets, they will apply.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    any opportunity MSU gets, they will apply.
                    They'd be crazy not to do so.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      They'd be crazy not to do so.

GFM
                      Excluding Big 10 schools (since obviously we're not joining them, and they're not coming back to us), here are the 5 closest D1 schools to us, from closest to furthest:
                      1. St. Cloud
                      2. UMD
                      3. UNO
                      4. Bemidji
                      5. NoDak

Come on, guys. What would you do?

Comment

Originally posted by HowardMBurgers View Post
                        I have a question regarding WCHA TV hoping that somebody can help me out: does a game pass allow me to watch an archived game, and if so how long does it take for the game to be available? More specifically, is there a way to watch a game that is in progress from the beginning without knowing the actual statue of that game. Thanks
                        The live games are usually ready to watch again in a couple hours, certainly by the next day. But there is no Live DVR function for the specific situation you referenced, if the game is in progress then you can only watch live.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          The live games are usually ready to watch again in a couple hours, certainly by the next day. But there is no Live DVR function for the specific situation you referenced, if the game is in progress then you can only watch live.
                          Bummer, but thanks for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            Excluding Big 10 schools (since obviously we're not joining them, and they're not coming back to us), here are the 5 closest D1 schools to us, from closest to furthest:
                            1. St. Cloud
                            2. UMD
                            3. UNO
                            4. Bemidji
                            5. NoDak

Come on, guys. What would you do?
                            I would join the Nachos then enjoy watching Western and Miami State continue to try convincing themselves that the added travel to MSU and ASU, along with getting their brains bashed in every week, was worth it to be in the "premier hockey conference" in America.

If you loved traveling to BG, you will absolutely adore trips to Oxford.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                              I would join the Nachos then enjoy watching Western and Miami State continue to try convincing themselves that the added travel to MSU and ASU, along with getting their brains bashed in every week, was worth it to be in the "premier hockey conference" in America.

The hockey rivalry with BG would be greatly missed. Not to slight the rest of the WCHA, but when 2 schools have split all 8 series between them, it's a pretty good rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to either Western or Miami pulling out of the NCHC and join the WCHA. I miss playing against them each season.

But of course, that won't happen. Too expensive for a team to pull out of the conference. Only way I see it happening is if the NCHC wants to maintain the current number of schools and 'releases' them in favor of ASU/MSU. But that seems even more unlikely, though having the revshare go down due to two more schools...

Shut up. I can dream.
                                LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X