Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Do you think the NMU ticket site has ever had as much traffic as it had the hour after MTU beat MSU? I don't.
    I've seen the Berry many times; its obvious Northern never sells tickets like that.
    In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
      It's easy to say you are holier than thou when hosting a team that is 10 hours away, on a week's notice.
      I never said Tech is holier than NMU. I'm just pointing out the differences between NMU and a school that does things the right way.

Why would NMU sell online and over the phone for the first 2 rounds then not offer that option for the championship? And as stated by others, why would they need to rush to offer tickets at 8:00 AM with a 10 ticket limit when they knew it would be against Tech if they didnt want to shut out fans from Tech?

And I don't buy the one week notice BS. They knew there was a good chance the #2 seed would host the championship game (Tech hosted as #2 last year). And they only had one more day to sell them in the first 2 rounds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        The other answer is that their website just couldn't handle it so they made the decision to go in person only because of that issue when they tried to sell online.
        Nice try giving them the benefit of the doubt but that still doesn't explain them not offering phone sales and rushing to open the box office with a 10 ticket limit just 9 hours after finding out they would host.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
          Nice try giving them the benefit of the doubt but that still doesn't explain them not offering phone sales and rushing to open the box office with a 10 ticket limit just 9 hours after finding out they would host.

I agree with that...I'm just trying to say I get no online sales. This thing has lots of reasons to be ****ed as anyone who wanted tickets but wasn't able to be in Marquette on Monday morning.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post

Why would you not open the ticket office at 8:00 am?
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              because you didn't announce that until after midnight from what I've seen...
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I totally understand NMU making it tough for Tech fans to purchase tickets, if that's what they were intending to do. Like it or not, they finished as the higher seed and only had to make the minimum tickets available for Tech. It's called a home ice advantage for a reason and that's why the regular season is extra important in the new playoff format. It appears they want to make their home as unfriendly as possible and I applaud them. An NCAA berth is on the line, no need to play friendly with your rival.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Admit it davyd83. NMU knowingly and purposefully screwed Tech fans. That's quite obvious. Stop making excuses.

They have that inferiority complex running wild these days. Just because they can only fill an average of 53% of Berry seats with a 2nd place team that was at or near the top of the conference for the whole year while Big Brother in Houghton does a much better gate with a smaller school in a smaller market while they admittedly struggled for a lot of the year. Just another example of how MTU > NMU.

(Sorry, since you are an NMU fan, I will explain that the ">" symbol means "greater than" )

Comment

If they had fan support to begin with, this would not be an issue. The writing was on the wall. The home team can't put butts in the seats and the visiting team travels extremely well and only has to go 100 miles.

So I will turn the conversation to the game itself. I still think Tech will win the game. They are relatively healthy and playing their best hockey of the year. They are on a roll after winning two series on the road including breaking MNSU's 15-game unbeaten streak. NMU on the other hand had two opportunities to close out the series in two games at home. They choked against a UAH team that should have been swept. Then they blew the sweep just one week later against BGSU and nearly lost the series. If I'm playing trends in Vegas, my money is on Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Why was the Box office closed following the MTU/MSU game and people told to buy tickets online after people waited at the BEC *for* those tickets just like the last two rounds?
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

All I wanted would have been an opportunity to get tickets as an out-of-town alum. The wee hours in the morning sudden switch to in-person only was a shi**y move. It wouldn't have been difficult to block off a couple hundred seats for (as an example) the alumni office to consign. Have them contact the alumni office to purchase tickets. Or email the alumni office by noon Monday to get on a first come first serve list. Verify names with registered alums (because we all know they have that database). Worst case, the alumni office returns tickets to the box office and they're made available for sale BY Wednesday (when season seat holders have their time limit to purchase their seat).

Also, why was *every* farking ticket immediately sold Monday morning (except for Student tickets)? Standing Room Only seats should have been made available later in the week (ie: Today or Wednesday).

A controlled release would make much more sense, but no, NMU had to ensure that every goddammed seat sold out asap just for bragging rights.

And now, the University is once again in "Quick Put Out The Fires!" mode; another reactionary move instead of predictive moves.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Why was the Box office closed following the MTU/MSU game and people told to buy tickets online after people waited at the BEC *for* those tickets just like the last two rounds?
                          Ok I can understand the servers went down (not really) but why not continue with phone sales? Also why 1200 tickets for students? They did all go but at $10 while adult tickets went for $22. Anyone know how the cut goes for the league? WCHA gets all ticket revenue, arena gets concessions and...?

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                            Admit it davyd83. NMU knowingly and purposefully screwed Tech fans. That's quite obvious. Stop making excuses.

They have that inferiority complex running wild these days. Just because they can only fill an average of 53% of Berry seats with a 2nd place team that was at or near the top of the conference for the whole year while Big Brother in Houghton does a much better gate with a smaller school in a smaller market while they admittedly struggled for a lot of the year. Just another example of how MTU > NMU.

(Sorry, since you are an NMU fan, I will explain that the ">" symbol means "greater than" )
                            I used to have season tickets for Northern, and I would be upset if I got screwed out of my tickets for this game. If it was under the guise of screwing Tech fans, well, then I could live with it. Nothing much better than a bunch of angry disappointed Tech fans.
                            Time to take the gloves off boys. Game time can't come soon enough.
                            Last edited by devildog; 03-13-2018, 03:30 PM.
                            “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                            – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                            when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

No tickets should have been sold until season ticket holders had the first chance to get their tickets showing a valid ID. Limit it to the number of seat you had as a season ticket holder. Give them until Tuesday at a certain time to pick them up. Then sell tickets to the general public the rest of the week (phone, online, or walk up till all tickets are sold.) That would give the general public 4 days to purchase the remaining tickets.Season ticket holders could then reapply to purchase more if they so choose. Plenty of time for out-of-towners to make whatever travel arrangements to get to the Berry for Saturday if they really wanted to go. Set a limit of six max for a one time purchase and enforce it,( to the back of the line if you plan on buying more), (10 is way too many) which leads to scalping tickets. They knew if they were playing Tech it would for sure be a sellout. Locals would have a better shot at purchasing most of them I would think.This would be fair for all who would want to attend.
                              Last edited by Wi.Huskies Fan; 03-13-2018, 03:11 PM.
                              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

[QUOTE=MTUHuskies;6623432]It is clear that NMU does not want Tech fans in the building and they did it that way to put undue hardship on as many Tech fans as possible. I cannot find another plausible reason for selling 1st and 2nd round tickets over the phone and internet then changing it for this game. Starting sales 9 hours after the teams were decided and allowing up to 10 tickets per transaction also ensured the tickets would go to local people before most fans could get to Marquette from the Copper Country.

That is a pretty chicken-**** way to operate for a 2nd place team that could only fill 53% of their building this year hosting a team that travels as well as Tech does. Hockeyville, my ***!

I will enjoy watching the Sauer Trophy presentation (in front of 150 people left in the stands) from my living room. I will be happy if I never spend another dime for tickets, food and beer at the Berry ever again.

They may have had a better record and finished 2nd in the league, and they may even win on Saturday, but I am so glad I am not an NMU fan and especially glad I am not an NMU alumnus.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

They call themselves Hockeyville and can't fill their barn for non-Tech and non-championship games? Please tell me this is a bad attempt at a marketing game.

Comment

Working...
                                X