WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    So the question is then: That would put us real near 500. What kind of record will the other conferences have and Does those big wins vs power teams get us an extra bid.
    It will depend on who keeps wining but it should be a better chance than before.

Comment

• Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Some very big non conference games this week coming up. Bemidji has their work cut out for them in Princeton. Those guys are good, play disciplined and will be ready to play. it will be tough. The BG series with miami will also be huge. Miami is better than last year and Bg has to have a win if they want to move up in the power.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Some very big non conference games this week coming up. Bemidji has their work cut out for them in Princeton. Those guys are good, play disciplined and will be ready to play. it will be tough. The BG series with miami will also be huge. Miami is better than last year and Bg has to have a win if they want to move up in the power.
        I sure hope BG waits till next week to prepare for Miami. They have to concentrate on Mankato first.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          .... The BG series with Miami will also be huge. Miami is better than last year ...
          I watched (streamed) the Miami vs North Dakota games last weekend. Miami looked fast to me - the PBP guys mentioned it a couple of times too.

I've always enjoyed the BG / Miami games and this one promises to be no exception (Miami grad, in the spirit of full disclosure), but I think if Miami stays out of the penalty box, BG has its hands full.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
            I sure hope BG waits till next week to prepare for Miami. They have to concentrate on Mankato first.
            Sorry, I got ahead of myself a bit there.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
              That's OK. Stay home! Rest up this weekend!

Comment

Apparently the on ice officiating in our league is not the only place fans are unhappy. Witness the travesty that went on in Denver this last weekend.

Comment

Apparently the on ice officiating in our league is not the only place fans are unhappy. Witness the travesty that went on in Denver this last weekend.
                  What happened in Denver? I don't feel like reading through their posts to find out.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    What happened in Denver? I don't feel like reading through their posts to find out.
                    Motzko and Montgomery both got fined for "having some words" with the officiating crew. I don't know the details.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Motzko and Montgomery both got fined for "having some words" with the officiating crew. I don't know the details.
                      Ive read that it might have had something to do with a top recruit bailing on SCSU at the last second and sending a Letter of intent to Denver instead. Montgomery may have violated the unwritten rule of leaving a player alone once he verbally commits.
                      All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                        Ive read that it might have had something to do with a top recruit bailing on SCSU at the last second and sending a Letter of intent to Denver instead. Montgomery may have violated the unwritten rule of leaving a player alone once he verbally commits.
                        As far as I know, the gentleman’s agreement is dead thanks to the B1G schools, but yes most of this was related to Cole Guttman flipping from SCSU to DU right before the early signing period.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          As far as I know, the gentleman’s agreement is dead thanks to the B1G schools, but yes most of this was related to Cole Guttman flipping from SCSU to DU right before the early signing period.
                          Yes, subsequently then there is a scrum at the Denver goal,in saturday's game, St cloud is in the net behind the goalie and scores, which is called back. The refs also called a major on St cloud late in the second and overall Motzko was really unhappy. He made pointed comments on tv about the refs on friday and then he and Montgomery had to be separated by the refs in the post game handshake line.
                          I want to point out that this gentlemen's agreement has been a joke for a couple of years at least now and though I give Motzko credit for going by it, he should understand if he wants a kid, sign him to an NLI right away.
                          speaking of issues, I've heard that BU is going to push to cut the age of recruits, as Lucia did a couple of years ago, and if we are reviewing the rules, maybe we ought to review haw many commits a team can have listed, because some teams, the skunks in particular, have a huge number.

This is sports, and sportsmanship ought to come first, no matter how disappointed you are. Doing this sets a terrible example for the players, and those two guys ought to be ashamed of themselves. Even with the refereeing we have in our league, and it's not all that hot, we don't end up with coaches fighting.
                          I know it's not confined to our sport, but well, I'm not a fan of it. I was in Croatia recently.. Dynamo Zagreb was at Split Hajduk, for the derby. A huge game and Zagreb gets a tie in the waning minutes on a penalty kick given for an infraction in the box. Split was so unhappy that the executives go over to the Zagreb box and start a fist fight. From that were several arrests.
                          Last edited by manurespreader; 11-15-2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                            Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Aaaaah, I get it now, hadn't heard that. Sheesh, what a soap opera.

This is sports, and sportsmanship ought to come first, no matter how disappointed you are. Doing this sets a terrible example for the players, and those two guys ought to be ashamed of themselves. Even with the refereeing we have in our league, and it's not all that hot, we don't end up with coaches fighting.
                            Well said. We did come close there with Damon and Mel a couple years ago. This incident must've been a bit more hands-on than that, if they had to be pulled apart.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Aaaaah, I get it now, hadn't heard that. Sheesh, what a soap opera.

Well said. We did come close there with Damon and Mel a couple years ago. This incident must've been a bit more hands-on than that, if they had to be pulled apart.

Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Wow, what a PR disaster. Totally embarrassing for both schools and both coaches. They should be suspended and one step away from being fired.

This is the biggest bag of nothing of the season so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X