X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    The new WCHA.TV has been announced.

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1718/201709/sep21wcm.php
    Stoked that it will be on Apple TV. That’s a big improvement.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      To me it seems that last season started with a lot of clutch and grab penalties being called and the play opened up. After Christmas it seems they stopped making the call and the clutch and grab got worse. Will the WCHA start the season calling it tight again and then let off at the end?
      I can't count the number of times this has happened over the years. An early crackdown on interference and holding just disappears as the season progresses.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Preseason poll: Mankato, Bemidji, Tech, and BGSU are the top 4.

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1718/201709/sep25wcm.php
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I noticed that Mankato was ranked #1 in the "2017-18 Mankato Free Press WCHA Men's Hockey Preseason Coaches' Poll" however UAH did not rank #1 in the "2017-18 UAHHockey.com WCHA Men's Hockey Preseason Media Poll". Clearly we have established early on which poll sponsor places more local bias into their polling results.

Ryan
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Some basic stats that I hope are reasonably accurate. Lost scoring is mostly seniors with a few adjustments if I read about them and they were material. I didn’t do a year-to-year roster comparison (I’m retired but not totally without a life). Goalies are just a guess. We all know that special teams win/lose games, but seeing it in black/white sure drives it home.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              Some basic stats that I hope are reasonably accurate. Lost scoring is mostly seniors with a few adjustments if I read about them and they were material. I didn’t do a year-to-year roster comparison (I’m retired but not totally without a life). Goalies are just a guess. We all know that special teams win/lose games, but seeing it in black/white sure drives it home.

Well done. One small quibble - Pawloski is more likely than Nelson to be in goal for MSU-M this year. He played more games and had better numbers across the board than Nelson. We also picked up a grad transfer from BU to make the competition interesting, but it's still likely Pawloski's job to lose.

Comment

Is Minnesota State going to get a return trip from BU in 2018? or is this a one time good deal.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  I noticed that Mankato was ranked #1 in the "2017-18 Mankato Free Press WCHA Men's Hockey Preseason Coaches' Poll" however UAH did not rank #1 in the "2017-18 UAHHockey.com WCHA Men's Hockey Preseason Media Poll". Clearly we have established early on which poll sponsor places more local bias into their polling results.

Ryan
                  I don't put my finger on the scale, man. These polls are useless, anyway — BSU was sixth in both last year.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Is Minnesota State going to get a return trip from BU in 2018? or is this a one time good deal.
                    Yes, there will be a return trip from what I have heard.
                    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      I don't put my finger on the scale, man. These polls are useless, anyway — BSU was sixth in both last year.

GFM
                      There are some speculation that Bitzer could be chosen as a goalie for Team USA in the upcoming Olympics. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the team if that does happen.
                      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

I had heard Team USA was going to target minor league pros to comprise the team since the NHL is apparently too good for the Olympics and they want to avoid sucking a bunch of younger guys out of school.
                        Ryan J
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Will there be a WCHA pick'em?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                            Will there be a WCHA pick'em?
                            Was wondering that myself. If potternmu isn't able this year I know someone who will volunteer.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                              Was wondering that myself. If potternmu isn't able this year I know someone who will volunteer.
                              I was planning on running one this year, but if you know someone who wants to run it, I'd be happy to turn it over.

Comment

Originally posted by potternmu View Post
                                I was planning on running one this year, but if you know someone who wants to run it, I'd be happy to turn it over.
                                Do you guys know when WCHA Pick'm will start and who will run it? potternmu you did a great job with it and in a timely manner. Let us know who will decide to run it.
                                MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                                2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Working...
                                X