Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I'm not referring to MTU here sir, But the league as a whole. That's why it's in the WCHA thread.
    My congrats to Tech as well. You played with the same kind of gritty determination that defeated the Mavs last weekend. I'm sure that will give Notre Dame all kinds of trouble.

Hopefully we'll see one another in St. Paul in 3 weeks....

Comment

Could someone explain to me what will happen to the S.F. regional tickets that were bought up by North Dakota fans? How does one access those now unwanted tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by Double Major View Post
        Could someone explain to me what will happen to the S.F. regional tickets that were bought up by North Dakota fans? How does one access those now unwanted tickets?
        Some of those people will go, otherwise stub hub.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
          Cry me a river of tears Husky fans. Get off your high horse. Had Tech hosted this game, they would have done everything in their power to control the flow of NMU fans through the turnstiles as well. Probably the biggest reason NMU had to control the amount of fans coming from Houghton is one single fact, "Tech Women are Proud Huskies" Go Cats Go!!!
          Looks like NMU won't have to worry about trying to figure out how to sell tickets online for a while. They have all summer to study up on it.

*******https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d0.jpg********

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow! What an impressive effort by Tech. They actually outplayed ND from the mid point on and just couldn't get the bounce they needed to go their way(as a BG fan we know all about that).

I must say I'm impressed with Tech's goaltending improvement. They gave up bad goals to BG in the GLI Final and then got blitzed the Friday night in BG. However, from that point on, staring with the Saturday night shutout in BG their goaltending has been really good. Kudos to those kids and their coach for turning that situation around and ending their season the way they did.

Hopefully MSU will get the WCHA to the next round........but congrats to Tech on not letting their season slip away like it could have in early February.

Comment

Bummer.

Next season's thread will be "In Which We Advance to the Second Round."
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Bummer.

Next season's thread will be "In Which We Advance to the Second Round."
                WCHA 2018-2019: 3 NCAA teams; 2 rounds; 1 National Champion

Am I asking too much?

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post

Am I asking too much?
                  No. With Mankato, BGSU, NMU, Bemidji, and Tech in the mix, and as long as we JUST WIN, BABY, 3 teams is possible.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

No. With Mankato, BGSU, NMU, Bemidji, and Tech in the mix, and as long as we JUST WIN OOC GAMES, BABY, 3 teams is possible.
                    I hope you don't mind my edit to your comment

Comment

I hope you don't mind my edit to your comment
                      No. But I'm a Northern fan, and we shot ourselves in the foot down the stretch in conference. If we swept you in February, closed out against Huntsville, and against BGSU... we might have gotten in.

Comment

No. But I'm a Northern fan, and we shot ourselves in the foot down the stretch in conference. If we swept you in February, closed out against Huntsville, and against BGSU... we might have gotten in.
                        True. But it can also be said that tech shot themselves too. Two losses early to MnSU, splitting with UAH, two ties vs. UAA, dropping 3/4 to Ferris, and OOC losses to ASU (2), and UW didnt help. Even going .500 in those games would be better.

But I cannot complain with Tech's season. They dealt with a lot of injuries and finished strong. WCHA should have a lot of good competition next season.

Comment

True. But it can also be said that tech shot themselves too. Two losses early to MnSU, splitting with UAH, two ties vs. UAA, dropping 3/4 to Ferris, and OOC losses to ASU (2), and UW didnt help. Even going .500 in those games would be better.

But I cannot complain with Tech's season. They dealt with a lot of injuries and finished strong. WCHA should have a lot of good competition next season.

And I can't complain either. NMU's best record in awhile, highest conference finish in awhile, home ice in the playoffs, and advancing to the WCHA Championship.

Comment

... UAH doesn't suck as much anymore ...

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

True and we are all glad.... well except maybe Bemidji
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post

Am I asking too much?
                                I don’t think that’s too much at all. We weren’t too far off from getting three teams in this year. And both losses in the tourney were in OT. As Air Force proved, anything can happen in these one-and-done games.

Two things need to happen, IMO.

1. Better OOC performance (duh)
                                2. The bottom half of the conference needs to start showing meaningful improvement.
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Working...
                                X