WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

The Wildcats played with class, the fans, not so much.

Comment

There's something special about Marquette. A lot of the fans seem angry and unable to have fun. One dude flipped off the Tech pep band before the game started, then he started fighting with his girlfriend. He was fun to watch during media timeouts.

Comment

I thought NMU was the better team but packy kept it out so a great result I never expected. I don’t care about nmu fans I’d be unhappy also
        Cornell will be a huge challenge as will Providence
        I thought the year as a whole was good with the exception of all the non con losses early on
        Good luck to Mankato next week
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I have to disagree the better team with the experience of big games won last night. NMU gained some experience for the future. Tech played positionally sound defense and used their speed to stretch the attack. They won the boards and were winning so many of the battles, my blood pressure returned to normal even when Rockwood or Loggins had the puck.
          Last edited by Huskiefan906; 03-18-2018, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
            Cry me a river of tears Husky fans. Get off your high horse. Had Tech hosted this game, they would have done everything in their power to control the flow of NMU fans through the turnstiles as well. Probably the biggest reason NMU had to control the amount of fans coming from Houghton is one single fact, "Tech Women are Husky" and our seats are too **** small! Go Cats Go!!!
            How'd that work out for you? Loser.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Cry me a river of tears Husky fans. Get off your high horse. Had Tech hosted this game, they would have done everything in their power to control the flow of NMU fans through the turnstiles as well. Probably the biggest reason NMU had to control the amount of fans coming from Houghton is one single fact, "Tech Women are Husky" and our seats are too **** small! Go Cats Go!!!
              Don't forget to tune into the NCAA selection show at noon to find out where NMU WON'T be playing next week.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

"Tech Women are proud Huskies!!"
                Fixed that for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                  There's something special about Marquette. A lot of the fans seem angry and unable to have fun. One dude flipped off the Tech pep band before the game started, then he started fighting with his girlfriend. He was fun to watch during media timeouts.
                  To be fair to the guy his welfare check probably got lost in the mail and his meth lab got busted last week.. so, totally understandable... :0

Tech - northern is a great rivalry. One of the best in college hockey. Maybe one of the best in all of college sports. Too bad it only takes a few jerks (and there can be jerks on both sides) to put it in a bad light..

It was a great game. It went our way. Who knows next time it might go northern's. I'm sure next season they will be looking for revenge much like BG was this year. It will make for some pretty good intense hockey.

For Mqt being Hockeyville there sure were a lot of empty seats towards the end of the game. NMU had a great season, their best in years and Coach of the Year honors. Yet, in their last game of the season the "fans" don't stick around to give their team an ovation for a great year?? Hockeyville my a**...

Comment

Go Huskies! Go Mavs! Make the WCHA proud.

Comment

That was quite the choice for the 2nd-intermission interview: Bridget Kyle discussing the fine operations job that NMU did getting ready to host Saturday's games. She almost sounded happy that they had tickets handled by noon on Monday.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Tech gets Notre Dame in Bridgeport, CT

Mankato gets Duluth in Sioux Falls, SD
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          I thought NMU was the better team but packy kept it out so a great result I never expected. I don’t care about nmu fans I’d be unhappy also
                          Cornell will be a huge challenge as will Providence
                          I thought the year as a whole was good with the exception of all the non con losses early on
                          Good luck to Mankato next week
                          What "all" early non-conference losses are you referring to? We lost a one goal game to Wisconsin game 1 and beat two ranked teams in the ice breaker. All in all, non-conference would have been good if they didn't drop 2of3 to ASU in the second half of the season.

I found our performance against Ferris both times to be frustrating. I never felt we couldn't have a shot to beat anybody, granted I wouldn't expect to win two road series in the state of Minnesota. Great season overall that far exceeded my expectations.

Go Huskies! Go Mavs!

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AFHusky View Post
                            What "all" early non-conference losses are you referring to? We lost a one goal game to Wisconsin game 1 and beat two ranked teams in the ice breaker. All in all, non-conference would have been good if they didn't drop 2of3 to ASU in the second half of the season.

I found our performance against Ferris both times to be frustrating. I never felt we couldn't have a shot to beat anybody, granted I wouldn't expect to win two road series in the state of Minnesota. Great season overall that far exceeded my expectations.

Go Huskies! Go Mavs!

Lets meet in St Paul for 1 more game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                              Lets meet in St Paul for 1 more game.
                              Deal!!

Comment

Originally posted by AFHusky View Post

Go Huskies! Go Mavs!

I'm not referring to MTU here sir, But the league as a whole. That's why it's in the WCHA thread.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X