WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

For season ticket holders they should have been allowed to purchase up to and including tickets for the number of season ticket seats they had, you had 4 seats, you can buy 4 tickets, you were by yourself and had 1 seat, you can only buy one ticket. Other than that I don't know what you can do for a situation like this in a small arena.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
      For season ticket holders they should have been allowed to purchase up to and including tickets for the number of season ticket seats they had, you had 4 seats, you can buy 4 tickets, you were by yourself and had 1 seat, you can only buy one ticket. Other than that I don't know what you can do for a situation like this in a small arena.
      This. And Season Ticket Holders should have had at least until the end of the day Monday to secure their tickets. Then Tuesday, make any tickets available to the public.
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
        This. And Season Ticket Holders should have had at least until the end of the day Monday to secure their tickets. Then Tuesday, make any tickets available to the public.
        season ticket holders do have a right to their seats until wednesday? I believe...at which time unclaimed seats will be sold, but there was a special shorter line for STHs to buy extra tickets to the game and no one was monitoring this line or so STHs were just getting back in the shorter line and buying more tickets (10 at a time).
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          season ticket holders do have a right to their seats until wednesday? I believe...at which time unclaimed seats will be sold, but there was a special shorter line for STHs to buy extra tickets to the game and no one was monitoring this line or so STHs were just getting back in the shorter line and buying more tickets (10 at a time).
          Yea, that's the BS part.
          2005-2006: 7-25-6
          2006-2007: 18-17-5
          2007-2008: 14-20-5
          2008-2009: 6-25-7
          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Thanks for the clarification as earlier it made it sound like season ticket holders were being shut out.

I am kind of torn on this one. I can see rewarding your season ticket holder base, the fans that have been loyal throughout the year(s) with the chance at additional tickets, but to allow up to 10 at a time, with multiple trips possible, seems a little extreme. But, I believe the WCHA leaves it up to the host school to sell the tickets as they see fit due to the fact they get their imposed fee for the game either way.
            Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
              Thanks for the clarification as earlier it made it sound like season ticket holders were being shut out.

I am kind of torn on this one. I can see rewarding your season ticket holder base, the fans that have been loyal throughout the year(s) with the chance at additional tickets, but to allow up to 10 at a time, with multiple trips possible, seems a little extreme. But, I believe the WCHA leaves it up to the host school to sell the tickets as they see fit due to the fact they get their imposed fee for the game either way.
              Well, some season ticket holders were shutout, because other season ticket holders went up, gave the ticket office other peoples names, and the ticket office didn't check IDs, so they sold tickets that should have been for season ticket holders.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Well, some season ticket holders were shutout, because other season ticket holders went up, gave the ticket office other peoples names, and the ticket office didn't check IDs, so they sold tickets that should have been for season ticket holders.
                Well, then that is an issue and just completely wrong on both parties, the ticket office for not checking IDs and the season ticket holders for using other people's names.

Sounds like a big ol' clusterfu** in Marquette........
                Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Wow....if someone did that, they are just scummy. I think schools should all start printing PSLs for their season ticket holders. MSU does that (granted, I wish I would have been able to use them again). We had until Wednesday of this last week to purchase our tickets before they were released to the general public. After that is fair game, but this does sound like a serious cluster.
                  Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Honestly that isn't a valid argument. Tickets should be available online, not only for opposing fans, but your own. In what world is it ok for some season ticket holders to buy 40 tickets, while other fans get none? It wasn't just Tech fans getting screwed, NMU fans were too. Not to mention the fact that some season ticket holders didn't get their tickets because the school sold them to other people already. Just a **** show from a really ****ty institution.
                    There is a reason in many of the men's stall on Tech's campus there would be graffiti that said 'NMU Diploma' with an arrow pointed to the TP dispenser.

Comment

I smell free season tickets for some current NMU STHs next season...

If I was a STH and got shut out of a playoff game (championship game no less) because they let someone else buy my seats (on the first day they were on sale). Oh my, heads would roll in the athletic department.

Speaking of available seats, is it just me or were there a TON of empty seats at Mankato on Sunday. When I watch the highlights, it looks like the rink wasn't anywhere near full, even in the seating areas.

Ryan
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

If I was a STH and got shut out of a playoff game (championship game no less) because they let someone else buy my seats (on the first day they were on sale). Oh my, heads would roll in the athletic department.

Speaking of available seats, is it just me or were there a TON of empty seats at Mankato on Sunday. When I watch the highlights, it looks like the rink wasn't anywhere near full, even in the seating areas.

Ryan
                        Sunday was definitely poorly attended, worse than Friday. I wasn't there Saturday so I can't compare to that.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Here's a new question. If you are Mankato, are you at least happy that you got practice playing in tough situations, with close games where every mistake was magnified, because that is what you will face next week? Or are you wishing that you had a bit easier, won the game and got the confidence boost from being so highly ranked.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Here's a new question. If you are Mankato, are you at least happy that you got practice playing in tough situations, with close games where every mistake was magnified, because that is what you will face next week? Or are you wishing that you had a bit easier, won the game and got the confidence boost from being so highly ranked.
                            I’d be ****ed about not winning the championship. Like them or not, Mankato was easily the best team in the regular season. Not winning the championship would be a disappointment.

Now, that said, Mankato had a big run to end the season, and the sad part about big runs is that eventually they end. They should be thankful their season didn’t end because they shat themselves at home against Tech.
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              If I was Mankato I'd be ****ed off that I lost. Now that they are out of the WCHA tournament, lick your wounds from a hard fought 3 game series. Rest up and get those nagging injuries healed. Use this week to work on your game so you can focus on your opponents next week.

They dont have to be happy about it, but they can use the off week to their advantage.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                                There is a reason in many of the men's stall on Tech's campus there would be graffiti that said 'NMU Diploma' with an arrow pointed to the TP dispenser.
                                Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Ryan
                                Guess that's why we have the same thing about Tech in the NMU stalls.
                                “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                                – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                                when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Working...
                                X