WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

And a 3-way tie for second place going into the break.

Comment

Chris Dilks says nobody in the WCHA wants Huntsville anymore. Trolling, I presume (and hope).

https://***********/chrisdilks/statu...32952917827584
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        Chris Dilks says nobody in the WCHA wants Huntsville anymore. Trolling, I presume (and hope).

https://***********/chrisdilks/statu...32952917827584
        Brennan Saulnier was called for a major and game misconduct for an elbow towards the end of Saturday’s game. I’m guessing that’s the joke he’s trying to make.

Saulnier has 27 penalty minutes Saturday.
        Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
          Brennan Saulnier was called for a major and game misconduct for an elbow towards the end of Saturday’s game. I’m guessing that’s the joke he’s trying to make.

Box Score

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post

Yeah, I probably overreacted to him on @weloveuahhockey. I totally get criticizing what Saulnier did, but we're (or at least I am) a bit sensitive about conference affiliation because of how linked to our existence is. So if it was a joke, it fell flat. He replied to me saying he was pinning it on Coach Corbett for having Saulnier out there in the final minute knowing his reputation, in which case he should have just said that.

One of the replies to Chris was an NCHC fan, who not knowing the context, was wondering if it was serious.
            Michael Napier - UAH '97
            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
            U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
            NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
            CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
            CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
              He replied to me saying he was pinning it on Coach Corbett for having Saulnier out there in the final minute knowing his reputation, in which case he should have just said that.
              I mean, he now has twice the characters.

I'm ready to not see Saulnier on our ice.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                I mean, he now has twice the characters.

I'm ready to not see Saulnier on our ice.

GFM
                He has 2 previous suspensions, and it's the last minute of a 3 goal game. I would have to think the league is going to hammer him hard for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  Chris Dilks says nobody in the WCHA wants Huntsville anymore...
                  That's ok, because not many in the WCHA want Chris Dilks around either.
                  He's 35% reporting and 65% just stirring the pot.
                  Ryan
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    That's ok, because not many in the WCHA want Chris Dilks around either.
                    He's 35% reporting and 65% just stirring the pot.
                    Ryan
                    Complaining about not having enough stories, yet complaining about the people who take the time and to do the stories. Some Fans are a strange breed, not happy unless they have something to complain about. The LW sucks, the Goalie sucks, the coach sucks, Fire the AD, the refs suck and the music in the rink sucks too.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Complaining about not having enough stories, yet complaining about the people who take the time and to do the stories. Some Fans are a strange breed, not happy unless they have something to complain about. The LW sucks, the Goalie sucks, the coach sucks, Fire the AD, the refs suck and the music in the rink sucks too.
                      You forgot about the C, RW and D

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I like Chris Dilks, he at least pays some attention and gets his facts right . I read all of his articles. As opposed to Ryan Lambert who I have no use for, him being a BU homer and all.
                        Last edited by manurespreader; 12-18-2017, 12:03 PM.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          I like Chris Dilks he at least pays some attention and gets his facts right . I read all of his articles. As opposed to Ryan Lambert who I have no use for him being a B U homer and all.
                          Dilks is also pretty good about giving the WCHA coverage. He's not All NCHC/Bi6, All the Time.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            Sorry, but Chris Dilks seems to take a bunch of shots at the WCHA, like he enjoys taking jabs at the league because it gets a rise out of the fans of the league. It gets old.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Sorry, but Chris Dilks seems to take a bunch of shots at the WCHA, like he enjoys taking jabs at the league because it gets a rise out of the fans of the league. It gets old.
                              In fairness, the shots he takes at the WCHA are nothing compared to the shots he takes at the NCHC and Big Ten. His style is that of Patrick Royce here in the Twin Cities. He takes little digs at everyone, he just takes more at some than others.
                              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                After what Lambert says, I'll take Dilks any time. You're right though it does get old.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X