Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Looks plausible. Although NOTHING like my preseason predictions looked.
    The only big outliers to me, as someone who plays with data, are NMU and FSU. To a lesser extent, I'm surprised that BG is better and Tech is this middling.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      The only big outliers to me, as someone who plays with data, are NMU and FSU. To a lesser extent, I'm surprised that BG is better and Tech is this middling.

GFM
      I guess the more I look at it, I wasn't that far off if you juggle Tech, Ferris and NMU. My preseason predictions were:
      MSU
      MTU
      BSU
      BGSU
      FSU
      UAF
      LSSU
      UAH
      NMU
      UAA

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

What we know as of this morning: http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2018/02...of-2018-02-09/

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
          I guess the more I look at it, I wasn't that far off if you juggle Tech, Ferris and NMU. My preseason predictions were:
          MSU
          MTU
          BSU
          BGSU
          FSU
          UAF
          LSSU
          UAH
          NMU
          UAA

A lot of people seem to have forgotten that NMU had the best record in the WCHA after the New Year last season, and at one point had a 9 game unbeaten streak (7-0-2).
          Last edited by davyd83; 02-10-2018, 01:51 PM.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            A lot of people seen to have forgotten that NMU had the best record in the WCHA after the New Year last season, and at one point had a 9 game unbeaten streak (7-0-2).
            In my world Northern sucks no matter what their W-L record states.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
              In my world Northern sucks no matter what their W-L record states.

Looking forward to the great rivalry in two weeks!
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                A lot of people seen to have forgotten that NMU had the best record in the WCHA after the New Year last season, and at one point had a 9 game unbeaten streak (7-0-2).
                But they still finished in 8th place and replaced their coaching staff. No one expected nor should they have expected Northern to play as well as they have this season.

Potulny is going to be a hot name for coaching openings over the next few years.
                Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                  But they still finished in 8th place and replaced their coaching staff. No one expected nor should they have expected Northern to play as well as they have this season.

Potulny is going to be a hot name for coaching openings over the next few years.
                  I will say that being in contention for the top spot is a bit of a surprise. But I thought they had a good shot at home ice. My preseason looked like this: MINN St
                  BG
                  Bemidji
                  NMU
                  Tech
                  Ferris
                  UAF
                  UAH
                  UAA
                  LSSU

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    A lot of people seem to have forgotten that NMU had the best record in the WCHA after the New Year last season, and at one point had a 9 game unbeaten streak (7-0-2).
                    My math didn't forget, but I still had them at league average despite all of that.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      My math didn't forget, but I still had them at league average despite all of that.

GFM
                      Same. This second half run has been fun to watch.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Same. This second half run has been fun to watch.
                        You mean aside from losing at Huntsville?
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          You mean aside from losing at Huntsville?
                          That made NMU 9-1-0 in their last 10. How many teams in the country are better than 9-1-0 in their last ten?

Comment

It seems the top 3 are fairly set.

NMU would need a good amount of help from Ferris to topple Mankato, which I don't see as that likely. NMU will also have their hands full with MTU next week.

BGSU is the most likely mover, IMO. They should close the gap with NMU this weekend and I see them as more likely to gain more points against UAH than NMU will against Tech if we're going to change the status quo.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              It seems the top 3 are fairly set.

NMU would need a good amount of help from Ferris to topple Mankato, which I don't see as that likely. NMU will also have their hands full with MTU next week.

BGSU is the most likely mover, IMO. They should close the gap with NMU this weekend and I see them as more likely to gain more points against UAH than NMU will against Tech if we're going to change the status quo.
                              I wish I could disagree, but I can't. The Tech series will be a tough split, given the rivalry, let alone sweep.
                              “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                              – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                              when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2018/02...-and-analysis/

That's everything that I think that I know about the playoff picture to date.

Without putting any math behind it, I think that it'll be
                                1 - Minnesota State (they have games and three-point wins in hand)
                                2 - Northern Michigan (they have three-point wins in hand and, should it come down to it the D tiebreaker)
                                3 - Bowling Green
                                4 - Bemidji State (the games in hand are huge, even if they've been crap these last two weeks)
                                5 - Michigan Tech (can change their fate if they sweep this weekend)
                                6 - Alaska (games in hand, including two against UAA, really help)
                                7 - Alabama-Huntsville (boy do I want to put them in sixth)
                                8 - Ferris State (mainly has to fend off Lake Superior that last weekend)
                                9 - Lake Superior
                                10 - Alaska-Anchorage (whose fans will now call me a troll)

GFM

U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X