Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
    My question is, Tech scored on that delayed penalty, so why wasn't the penalty cancelled out?
    15.2 Goal Scored - If a goal is scored on the delayed penalty by the non-offending team, the first minor penalty shall be imposed as well as all other infractions regardless of whether a goal is scored. If any other penalties are committed on the same play or after the appropriate on-ice official has stopped play, the offending players shall be penalized (see 15.3).

*Edit* TL;DR: Because this ain't the NHL.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      15.2 Goal Scored - If a goal is scored on the delayed penalty by the non-offending team, the first minor penalty shall be imposed as well as all other infractions regardless of whether a goal is scored. If any other penalties are committed on the same play or after the appropriate on-ice official has stopped play, the offending players shall be penalized (see 15.3).

*Edit* TL;DR: Because this ain't the NHL.
      Thank you for clarifying.

Comment

• Re: Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

It's little quirks like this that I enjoy in college hockey.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
          Are you referring to the goalie interference call? From my angle it looked like our guy got pushed into Munson, but he did go down pretty hard. They'll call that any time.

The first Tech goal was just a super unlucky bounce.

My question is, Tech scored on that delayed penalty, so why wasn't the penalty cancelled out?
          Yes.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

2017-18 NMU Hockey Has (8) Canadian Players

Sr. D Jordan Klimek (5'11" 175lbs) - Langley, BC
            Jr. D - James Vermeulen (6'2" 190lbs) - Stony Plain, AB
            Jr. F Adam Rockwood (5'10" 165lbs) - Coquitlam, BC
            Jr. F Anthony Paskaruk (5'10" 175lbs) - Airdrie, AB
            So. D - Rylan Yaremko (6'3" 205lbs) - Spirit River, AB
            So. F Darien Craighead (6'1" 170lbs) - Surrey, BC
            So. F Demico Hannoun (6'0" 195lbs) - North Delta, BC
            Fr. F Joseph Nardi (5'11" 175lbs) - Edmonton, AB

Comment

• Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
              2017-18 NMU Hockey Has (8) Canadian Players

Sr. D Jordan Klimek (5'11" 175lbs) - Langley, BC
              Jr. D - James Vermeulen (6'2" 190lbs) - Stony Plain, AB
              Jr. F Adam Rockwood (5'10" 165lbs) - Coquitlam, BC
              Jr. F Anthony Paskaruk (5'10" 175lbs) - Airdrie, AB
              So. D - Rylan Yaremko (6'3" 205lbs) - Spirit River, AB
              So. F Darien Craighead (6'1" 170lbs) - Surrey, BC
              So. F Demico Hannoun (6'0" 195lbs) - North Delta, BC
              Fr. F Joseph Nardi (5'11" 175lbs) - Edmonton, AB
              No mention of the game last night?

Sounded dominant.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                No mention of the game last night?

Sounded dominant.
                To me, NMU looked like a completely different team compared to Friday night. The Mac always seems like a tough place to play for the 'Cats. Next four games on the road will be a good test for this team.

Comment

2017-18 NMU Hockey (6-4-0)

November 13th, 2017

NATIONAL RANKINGS
                  #12 - PAIRWISE
                  #12 - RPI
                  #12 - KRACH
                  #20 - USCHO
                  #20 - USA TODAY

Comment

My thoughts on the weekend:

- Night and Day between Friday and Saturday

- Israelsson had a rough night on Friday. I'm sure he wishes he had the one that he lost at his feet back along with the shot from the blue line with no one between himself and the shooter.

- The defense couldn't connect a pass if their lives depended on it on Friday.

- Saturday saw Tech having problems and the Cats took full advantage.

- Overall everyone came together much closer to what was planned. Fundamentally the Cats operated much smoother and more cohesive. We need more games like this.

- It was nice to see the BEC Sold Out. Been a long time since I witnessed that. I was disappointed to see that Student involvement is a fraction of what it was though. I guess I'm just an old guy now, but when Sec. 14-18 are solid people with plenty of people standing on the concourse behind, I expect voices to be heard

- GET OFF MY LAWN
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

NMU Hockey 10 games into the 2017-18 season

Big (4-0) shutout win over MTU at home on Saturday nite
                      Sold out standing room only crowd (4260) at The Berry on Saturday nite
                      Current NMU season record of (6-4-0) after 10 games
                      NMU currently ranked #12 by PairWise, RPI & Krach

I'm very encouraged by NMU Hockey so far this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, there has been a bump in attendance through four home games, but it's currently less than 2012-13 levels.

BEC Attendance vs Win % History and All Time Attendance vs Win % History tabs:
                        https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
                        Last edited by aparch; 11-14-2017, 10:22 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Watching the game Saturday night, the team looked good. There were a couple times NMU got lucky that Tech couldn't capitalize on rebounds that pinballed in front of Tolvanen, but Atte did what he needed to, to shut the door. (Something, something, we all knew Finnish goaltenders got better their junior and senior years in college )

They're about where I thought they would be. Playing ~.500 hockey. A strong closeout to the month and December as well will definitely leave the 'Cats in a good position.

*edit* Also, the WCHA.tv feed was awesome this weekend. Way better than the broadcast from Green Bay. But, there is still a weird "pulsing" issue due to compression when the camera is aimed at the scoreboard/across ice. The green seats and white walls show compression artifacting and "pulsing." The camera also seemed to be "soft" on focus, and not completely crisp HD. I think these issues are just the compression codec the video stream uses and the capabilities of the BEC to output the video feed.

Either way, it worked great streaming from my XBox to my 58" TV.
                          Last edited by aparch; 11-14-2017, 10:39 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

2017-18 NMU Hockey Leading Scorers After (10) Games

#1 - Sr. F Robbie Payne (9 Goals & 3 Assists = 12 Points)
                            #2 - Jr. F Troy Loggins (3 Goals & 8 Assists = 11 Points)
                            #3 - So. F Darien Craighead (3 Goals & 4 Assists = 7 Points)
                            #4 - So. D Philip Beaulieu (2 Goals & 4 Assists = 6 Points)
                            #5 - Jr. F Adam Rockwood (0 Goals & 5 Assists = 5 Points)
                            Last edited by DonorRoomDrinker; 11-15-2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

2017-18 NMU Hockey Leading Shooters After (10) Games

#1 - Jr. F Troy Loggins (40 SOG)
                              #2 - Sr. F Robbie Payne (35 SOG)
                              #3 - So. F Darien Craighead (20 SOG)
                              #4 - Sr. D Jordan Klimek (18 SOG)
                              #5 - Jr. F Denver Pierce (15 SOG)

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Well, there has been a bump in attendance through four home games, but it's currently less than 2012-13 levels.

BEC Attendance vs Win % History and All Time Attendance vs Win % History tabs:
                                https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
                                This is true a but a small sample. Add to that the first night was Comely's night, then lots of Tech fans this past weekend. LOTS Hopefully the casual fan picks up on the good things and decides to start showing up.

Comment

Working...
                                X