Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
    Very impressed with what I have seen so far. Cats have started their season 3-1. Keep it going boys!
    Finished strong last year great start this year! Go Cats!
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Can anybody enlighten me on the last time the 'Cats played a Top 10 opponent?

Looks like it could be a tough test against #6 Wisconsin despite NMU having some success against UW over the years.

I would be happy with a split.

Comment

Re: Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
        Can anybody enlighten me on the last time the 'Cats played a Top 10 opponent?

Looks like it could be a tough test against #6 Wisconsin despite NMU having some success against UW over the years.

I would be happy with a split.
        Tech or Mankato over the last few seasons come to mind....
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

2015-16 season. December 29th, 2015 GLI vs Michigan (10). 3-2 Loss.

Before that...
          2014-15 season:
          Saturday March 7th, 2015 vs MTU (4)*. 3-1 Loss.
          Friday March 6th, 2015 at MTU (4)*. 5-1 Loss.
          Saturday February 21st, 2015 at BGSU (8)*. 4-3 Win.
          Friday February 20th, 2015 at BGSU (8)*. 3-2 OT Win.
          Saturday February 7th, 2015 at tUMD (7). 6-3 Loss.
          Friday February 6th, 2015 at tUMD (7). 3-1 Loss.
          Saturday January 10th, 2015 at MTU (8)*. 5-4 OT Win.
          Friday January 9th, 2015 vs MTU (8)*. 3-3 Tie.
          Saturday January 3rd, 2015 vs MSU-M (3)*. 2-2 Tie.
          Friday January 2nd, 2015 vs MSU-M (3)*. 4-1 Loss.
          (Opened season versus 18th ranked Wisco amd swept them.)

2013-14
          Wisconsin (3). L, L
          Ferris State (6)*. L, T
          @ Ferris State (5)*. L, L

2012-13
          Notre Dame (9)*. L, L
          Michigan (8)*. T, W
          @ Miami (5)*. L, T
          @ Western (10)*. L, L
          Miami (6)*. W, T

2011-12
          Michigan (1)*. W, T
          @ Western (7)*. L, L
          Notre Dame (6)*. T, T
          Ferris State (6)*. T, L
          @ Michigan (5)*. L, L

.... I fail to see your point about playing against "top 10 ranked opponents."

* = Conference opponent.

Also, the polls are only to put a pretty number next to schools to make football meatheads think hockey schools polls mean anything (hint: they don't).
          Last edited by aparch; 10-16-2017, 10:47 PM.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Tech or Mankato over the last few seasons come to mind....
            Michigan was 10th when the 'Cats played them at the GLI as I look over some old schedules.

Huge opportunity this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              .... I fail to see your point about playing against "top 10 ranked opponents."

Also, the polls are only to put a pretty number next to schools to make football meatheads think hockey schools polls mean anything (hint: they don't).
              Simply something that I got to wondering about tonight. I almost forgot about that 2014-15 season. The WCHA fielded some good teams in MTU and MSU-M and then there was BGSU just missing out on the tournament.

I know polls are pretty much meaningless, but it's still nice to get that recognition and I still think it's a good opportunity for the 'Cats to prove themselves. Thank you for the info.

Comment

How is our wayward Badger, Adam Rockwood looking so far?
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  How is our wayward Badger, Adam Rockwood looking so far?
                  Glad you asked Wisko -- He's looking pretty good!

Congrats Cats. Well deserved win tonight.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Great win for the boys last night. They actually played toe to toe with the Badgers. The final 10 minutes of regulation Northern looked a little tired as Wisconsin put a big push on.

I wonder if we see Isrealsson tonight. Potulny wants to get him some playing time and being a non-conference game might be a good time.

Comment

Is it just my WCHA.tv feed of the games this weekend, or is everyone else's a pixelated mess? Lot of artifacting and pixels obvious when I make it full screen.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Is it just my WCHA.tv feed of the games this weekend, or is everyone else's a pixelated mess? Lot of artifacting and pixels obvious when I make it full screen.
                        I haven't watched NMU's games this weekend. Tech's was bad for in-arena issues.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          I haven't watched NMU's games this weekend. Tech's was bad for in-arena issues.

GFM
                          I’m pretty sure it was in arena internet problems from Green Bay as well. I had trouble with my connection and had to switch to a backup plan. Live stats were troublesome as well.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I didn't hear what happened with Craighead. Surprised he didn't play Saturday. Hopefully nothing serious.

Comment

https://***********/HockeyCommits/st...86516540706816
                              "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                                I didn't hear what happened with Craighead. Surprised he didn't play Saturday. Hopefully nothing serious.
                                Minor injury. Week to week status.

Comment

Working...
                                X