No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

I believe NMU was on break so no students were in town!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yaremko & Diamantoni were both out of the lineup last nite vs Mankato!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

NMU Hockey (11-8-2) National Rankings After Friday's (4-3) Win Over Mankato

December 29th, 2017

#20 - PAIRWISE
        #20 - RPI
        #30 - KRACH

Comment

• Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
          I believe NMU was on break so no students were in town!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Good point, I hadn't thought of that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
            I watched the second game against Ferris last night on the wcha tv archive. NMU is a terrific puck moving team that is a lot of fun to watch. What I couldn't understand is why the home rink was so completely empty?? Marquette is a hockey town, and the wildcats look like a team with something to prove so I was surprised. Was there something else going on that weekend that kept folks away?

I'm looking forward to watching them in person in Vegas. If they end up playing Tech, I'll be rooting against them, but looking forward to it....and watching the golden knights on Sunday!! Good luck to the Cats.
            Correct students not there but they only fill in one end. it was a poor crowd and quiet. Seems hard to regain fan interest, team is doing well, especially compared to the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
              Correct students not there but they only fill in one end. it was a poor crowd and quiet. Seems hard to regain fan interest, team is doing well, especially compared to the last few years.
              Across all sports, fan attendance generally lags improvements in team play. One factor is season tickets: folks are going to be more likely to buy what Potulny is selling next year, and they'll pony up — and those seats count in attendance whether or not they have butts in them or not.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

NMU Hockey (11-9-2) National Rankings After Saturday's (6-3) Loss To Mankato

December 30th, 2017

#21 - PAIRWISE
                #21 - RPI
                #29 - KRACH

Comment

2017-18 NMU Hockey (11-9-2) Leading Scorers

December 30th, 2017

#1 - Forward Sr. Robbie Payne (16 Goals & 6 Assists = 22 Points)
                  #2 - Forward Sr. Adam Rockwood (4 Goals & 16 Assists = 20 Points)
                  #3 - Forward So. Darien Craighead (11 Goals & 8 Assists = 19 Points)
                  #4 - Forward Jr. Troy Loggins (7 Goals & 12 Assists = 19 Points)
                  #5 - Defense So. Philip Beaulieu (5 Goals & 10 Assists = 15 Points)
                  #6 - Forward Fr. Joseph Nardi (4 Goals & 7 Assists = 11 Points)
                  #7 - Forward Sr. Zach Diamantoni (3 Goals & 8 Assists = 11 Points)
                  #8 - Defense Sr. Jordan Klimek (2 Goals & 9 Assists = 11 Points)

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                    Yaremko & Diamantoni were both out of the lineup last nite vs Mankato!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Why?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                      Why?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Diamantoni played on Saturday in a #7 jersey with no name on the back???

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1enywhs7vfk Whoooo! Vegas Baby! This weekend!
                        Thinking that NMU is way better then your school with no evidence or proof since 2001.

Comment

2017-18 NMU Hockey (11-9-2) National Rankings

January 2nd, 2017

#20 - PAIRWISE
                          #20 - RPI
                          #24 - USCHO
                          #27 - KRACH
                          Last edited by DonorRoomDrinker; 01-02-2018, 08:35 PM.

Comment

So I wonder how all this East coast weather might effect BC from getting out to Vegas?
                            Thinking that NMU is way better then your school with no evidence or proof since 2001.

Comment

• Originally posted by tmoney@nmu View Post
                              So I wonder how all this East coast weather might effect BC from getting out to Vegas?
                              I believe that between the semesters the rules for arrivals and departures for games are relaxed, so hopefully BC was able to get on a flight Tuesday or Wednesday and get out to Vegas.

Under normal NCAA rules, if I recall, Wednesday at 8:00 PM would be the earliest they could leave town. (5pm PT start Friday/8PM ET, 48 hours travel)

Dave can check my math and correct me.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                I believe that between the semesters the rules for arrivals and departures for games are relaxed, so hopefully BC was able to get on a flight Tuesday or Wednesday and get out to Vegas.

Under normal NCAA rules, if I recall, Wednesday at 8:00 PM would be the earliest they could leave town. (5pm PT start Friday/8PM ET, 48 hours travel)

Dave can check my math and correct me.
                                Good afternoon! ASU fan/alum here. Congrats so far on a great start to the season. Looking forward to the games this weekend and hope many of you are making the trip. I'm making the drive up tomorrow.

Was looking at the thread and want to jump in. BC twitter account showed some nice pictures of the guys in Vegas. So they did make it out ahead of the storm. Hopefully they will have no problems getting home!

Best of luck this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X