Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
    I believe that between the semesters the rules for arrivals and departures for games are relaxed, so hopefully BC was able to get on a flight Tuesday or Wednesday and get out to Vegas.

Under normal NCAA rules, if I recall, Wednesday at 8:00 PM would be the earliest they could leave town. (5pm PT start Friday/8PM ET, 48 hours travel)

Dave can check my math and correct me.
    The 48 hour rule no longer exists
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
      Good afternoon! ASU fan/alum here. Congrats so far on a great start to the season. Looking forward to the games this weekend and hope many of you are making the trip. I'm making the drive up tomorrow.

Was looking at the thread and want to jump in. BC twitter account showed some nice pictures of the guys in Vegas. So they did make it out ahead of the storm. Hopefully they will have no problems getting home!

Best of luck this weekend!
      Since Arizona State played Lake Superior last, has NMU tomorrow and could play Tech Saturday, I asked Greg at the Press Conference ifhe’s happy he got those teams in Tempe & Lad Vegas insted of the Soo, Marquette & Houghton!
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Since Arizona State played Lake Superior last, has NMU tomorrow and could play Tech Saturday, I asked Greg at the Press Conference ifhe’s happy he got those teams in Tempe & Lad Vegas insted of the Soo, Marquette & Houghton!
        I saw some of the press conference online and didn't realize this was the shortest road trip they have had in D-1, being the 45 minute flight.

I'm jumping in the car here in a few hours and will be in Vegas by 2. Staying at the Luxor. Hope to meet you at T-Mobile this weekend. I'm in section 14, Row M, seats 7-8.

Comment

This is not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
            This is not good.
            Yeah that was bad. 'Cats looked very slow tonight. Hopefully play better tomorrow.

Comment

I thought they were the better team, but they made some serious defensive mistakes early and got behind and then tried to play catch up vs that heavy system. It's tough to do. ASU just sat back after the first pretty much. NMU missed several great opportunities in the second to get it to one goal which might have made it a different game. Good luck against BC.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                I thought they were the better team, but they made some serious defensive mistakes early and got behind and then tried to play catch up vs that heavy system. It's tough to do. ASU just sat back after the first pretty much. NMU missed several great opportunities in the second to get it to one goal which might have made it a different game. Good luck against BC.
                I think it would be foolish if anyone argued who has the better team, has more skill players, etc. I think the season/pairwise confirms that. I thought the key was our goaltending. NMU really turned up the heat on us and Daccord held them off. I thought we sat back a little in the middle of the game, but we win at this stage by being opportunistic. Flip of the script from our game with Lake last weekend. We outshot them 49-21 and lost 4-1. Were outshot by 20 last night and won by 4. Good luck against BC tonight!

Comment

Potulny in the third place game for Team USA, Cats play for third place in Vegas.

Same old, same old.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Potulny in the third place game for Team USA, Cats play for third place in Vegas.

Same old, same old.
                    Can Walt Kyle actually be in the stands in two places at once?

Comment

• Coreau recalled by the Wings.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

2017-18 NMU Hockey (11-10-3) Leading Scorers

January 7th, 2018

Forward Sr. Robbie Payne - 17 Goals & 6 Assists (23 Points)
                        Forward Jr. Troy Loggins - 8 Goals & 14 Assists (22 Points)
                        Forward Sr. Adam Rockwood - 4 Goals & 17 Assists (21 Points)
                        Forward So. Darien Craighead - 12 Goals & 8 Assists (20 Points)
                        Defense So. Philip Beaulieu - 5 Goals & 13 Assists (18 Points)
                        Forward Fr. Joseph Nardi - 4 Goals & 8 Assists (12 Points)
                        Forward Sr. Zach Diamantoni - 3 Goals & 9 Assists (12 Points)
                        Defense Sr. Jordan Klimek - 2 Goals & 9 Assists (11 Points)

Comment

• Your attention please...Well, not the outcome I would have liked but it was a heck of a fun weekend. My voice is shot.
                          Thinking that NMU is way better then your school with no evidence or proof since 2001.

Comment

2017-18 NMU Hockey (11-10-3) National Rankings

January 8th, 2018

#28 - PAIRWISE
                            #28 - RPI
                            #30 - USCHO
                            #31 - KRACH

Comment

NMU is 31st in the (completely meaningless) USCHO Polls. (Two are tied for 20th). I'd like to thank whoever gave us the lone courtesy vote after having our a**es handed to us by ASU.

Also, it's nice to see that Number 26 Union is rightfully at number 26 in the same USCHO poll.

For anyone who wants to argue me that these polls aren't meaningless, MSU Mankato dropped a spot after *sweeping* UAA. They didn't even hold serve by sweeping.
                              Last edited by aparch; 01-08-2018, 11:57 AM.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Big series this weekend in Marquette with Bowling Green (12-6-6) @ NMU (11-10-3).... Should be some interesting Hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X