No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

Also: currently best home win percentage since 2004-2005. Best overall win percentage since 2009-2010.

And yet attendance is a tick better than just two years ago.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...MY31Jn_Riu13Q/
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Called it! On the Wildcat Hockey Fan Page on Facebook, the locals are still butthurt over the seats and sight lines.

Oh. My. God. There are children who have gone through and graduated from the Marquette public school system who have forever known the BEC seating to be as it currently is (again, it was revised in 2002).

And the locals still won't let it go!

I swear, these people won't be happy until the Palestra returns.
      Then it will be too cold. But you have to admit, these seats have all the comfort and legroom of flying coach in the middle 💺

Comment

/still hasn't sat in a seat for a game at the BEC

Just sayin'
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

A win is a win. Took care of business tonight. I thought we were flat at times and Lake State played hard. Good teams do what it takes to win a series like this, and, if they do, 1st place is within striking distance.
          “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
          – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
          when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Solo in 2nd and 2 points out if 1st....

Dare I begin to believe
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Pucks just seem to be going in at the right time this year. Good crowd tonight and very fun team to watch. Lakers put up a good fight. Mankato has some company at the top.

Comment

A very good sweep by NMU vs LSSU this weekend.... North To Alaska next.... NMU is now (15-10-3)....
                Last edited by DonorRoomDrinker; 01-23-2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Congrats on clinching a playoff spot.
                  Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Nice to have the 'Cats playing so well. Haven't watched them yet (had other things preoccupying my life), but I might get onboard now at the end of the season. I know this resurgence is a combination of things, but is the influence and coaching of Coach Potulny a considerable factor?
                    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Long road trip up to Alaska-Anchorage this weekend????
                      Last edited by DonorRoomDrinker; 01-23-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                        Nice to have the 'Cats playing so well. Haven't watched them yet (had other things preoccupying my life), but I might get onboard now at the end of the season. I know this resurgence is a combination of things, but is the influence and coaching of Coach Potulny a considerable factor?
                        I see a different team, a different attitude, at least as much as a person can see on TV. It seemed the last several seasons were the same old same old under the hairless one. I feel like the new coach has made a significant difference, if not huge. We know local fan support has not made an impact.
                        “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                        – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                        when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                          It's the biggest factor. He's winning with the same roster.
                          "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
                            I see a different team, a different attitude, at least as much as a person can see on TV. It seemed the last several seasons were the same old same old under the hairless one. I feel like the new coach has made a significant difference, if not huge. We know local fan support has not made an impact.
                            Not wanting to take anything away from Grant he's doing a great job. Remember though Walt was winning at the end of the season and almost got the team to the Championship game. I seem to remember there were some injury issues in the beginning of the season and of course personal issues at the start of the year that took focus away.

An interesting note on Grant. I heard he ran into a SEAL team member and invited him in to talk to the teams about each person becoming a leader. I think it helped.

Comment

NMU Hockey - "North To Alaska" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXhWVmaxG8c

Comment

2017-18 NMU Hockey (15-10-3) National Rankings

January 22nd, 2018

#18 - PAIRWISE
                                #18 - RPI
                                #20 - USCHO
                                #23 - KRACH
                                #NR - USA TODAY
                                Last edited by DonorRoomDrinker; 01-22-2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X