No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northern Michigan University Hockey 2017-18: The Grant Potulny Era begins

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
    Big series this weekend in Marquette with Bowling Green (12-6-6) @ NMU (11-10-3).... Should be some interesting Hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope you have more butts in the seat to watch your Cats play. maybe not if the students are still on break.
    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
      Hope you have more butts in the seat to watch your Cats play. maybe not if the students are still on break.
      Classes don't start until Tuesday the 16th. So it doesn't look good attendance wise.

Comment

Best first half of the season in years. High flying offense. New style.

Same empty building.

Hockeyville my ***.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Same empty building.

Hockeyville my ***.
          Things have changed since we were there Its just time to accept it... 4-5 of us could show up in Sec. 16 and carry more energy than the building has seen in a long time.

But hey, very solid start to the weekend so far
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Same empty building.

Hockeyville my ***.
            Gosh dang it. I would have been there if I wasn't 12+ hours away. Great win Cats! These guys are starting to get me pumped. Get the sweep!
            “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
            – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
            when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

• Originally posted by devildog View Post
              Gosh dang it. I would have been there if I wasn't 12+ hours away. Great win Cats! These guys are starting to get me pumped. Get the sweep!
              You and me both. (Well, I'm only 8 hours away.)

They looked good on my WCHA.tv feed.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Hockeyville and the Best Taco Truck in the United States...yah der, you betcha!!! Marquette goes bonkers for anything involving online voting and the utter lack of support for NMU Hockey is a slap in the face by this community and proof of what an absolute joke these contests are. Hell, that taco truck even has overpriced, average food, with way to small of portions for me to even pay a visit. On the other hand, NMU Hockey is exciting again. Just what the people wanted, right! There is great beer and food selections inside the arena, we have a jumbotron, and Walt Kyle is gone...so where the hell are the people?

The team this year is far and away the most exciting team I have watched inside the Berry Events Center in the last 10 season. They play hard, create tons of offense and every goal last night was PRETTY!!! Luckily for those late to return many of this season stars are underclassmen so the future looks very bright. It's never too late to rejoin the action and fun, NMU needs your support!

Comment

• Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                  Hockeyville and the Best Taco Truck in the United States...yah der, you betcha!!! Marquette goes bonkers for anything involving online voting and the utter lack of support for NMU Hockey is a slap in the face by this community and proof of what an absolute joke these contests are. Hell, that taco truck even has overpriced, average food, with way to small of portions for me to even pay a visit. On the other hand, NMU Hockey is exciting again. Just what the people wanted, right! There is great beer and food selections inside the arena, we have a jumbotron, and Walt Kyle is gone...so where the hell are the people?

The team this year is far and away the most exciting team I have watched inside the Berry Events Center in the last 10 season. They play hard, create tons of offense and every goal last night was PRETTY!!! Luckily for those late to return many of this season stars are underclassmen so the future looks very bright. It's never too late to rejoin the action and fun, NMU needs your support!
                  This team has been winning for a solid year. In the 2017 calendar year, NMU was 20-15-4 overall and 17-9-2 in the WCHA. They’ve a record setting goaltender, the #2 goal scorer (Robbie Payne) and the #4 playmaker (Adam Rockwood w 20 assists) and the 2nd place team in the WCHA.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                    They're running out of excuses. I'm sure they're still holding out because the seats are terrible (height was adjusted in 2002), the sightlines are terrible (they are not), or the glass is crap (replaced with 'seamless' a few years back).

Not sure what other excuses the locals can make.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I remember going to games at lake view when I was a pee wee that were standing room only and unbelievably loud.....

Comment

• Thrilling game tonight. This team is something special. Marquette needs to get back behind this team because there's some exciting hockey at the Berry this season.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
                          Thrilling game tonight. This team is something special. Marquette needs to get back behind this team because there's some exciting hockey at the Berry this season.
                          I got it online, my first of the year, and I am all in. I was real pleased with the feed and even more excited with the win. I was going to go to Bama for the Huntsville series, had my tickets and everything, but now I gotta work. I'll be watching these boys the rest of the way. Scared the dog when they scored the overtime goal.
                          “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                          – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                          when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Atte keeps doing Atte things.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

2017-18 NMU Hockey (13-10-3) Leading Scorers

January 13th, 2018

Forward Jr. Troy Loggins - 11 Goals & 14 Assists (25 Points)
                              Forward Sr. Adam Rockwood - 4 Goals & 21 Assists (25 Points)
                              Forward Sr. Robbie Payne - 17 Goals & 6 Assists (23 Points)
                              Forward So. Darien Craighead - 13 Goals & 9 Assists (22 Points)
                              Defense So. Philip Beaulieu - 6 Goals & 14 Assists (20 Points)
                              Forward Fr. Joseph Nardi - 5 Goals & 9 Assists (14 Points)
                              Forward Sr. Zach Diamantoni - 3 Goals & 10 Assists (13 Points)
                              Defense Sr. Jordan Klimek - 3 Goals & 10 Assists (13 Points)
                              Forward Jr. Denver Pierce - 6 Goals & 4 Assists (10 Points)
                              Defense Jr. Ryan Black - 0 Goals & 10 Assists (10 points)

Comment

Big weekend sweep for NMU over Bowling Green (5-2) & (3-2 in OT) at home.... NMU is now in 2nd place in the WCHA!!!!!!!!!!! LSSU (6-16-4) @ NMU (13-10-3) this weekend in Marquette at The Berry....

Comment

Working...
                                X