This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    He came out of retirement at 45 to play the Division 1B World Championships for Lithuania, who was hosting. They defeated Estonia 4-1 to clinch the tournament and promotion to Division 1A (the second division).

I have an odd fascination with these lower level tournaments, this year's Division 1A has been insane and is about to end in a four-way tie (barring a choke job by Hungary)
    Choke job it is. Great Britain scores with 15 seconds left to tie it versus Hungary. The 1 point is enough for GB to qualify for the 2019 World Championship.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: NHL 2017.1: We turn over a new Leaf and still find a Penguin

Interesting. He always played for Russia. I thought once you picked which country you were going to represent, that was it and you couldn't switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Choke job it is. Great Britain scores with 15 seconds left to tie it versus Hungary. The 1 point is enough for GB to qualify for the 2019 World Championship.
        That game was insane. Once Bowns stopped that penalty shot I figured GB would probably pull an equalizer out of their ***.

Also takes Italy up with them. As good as Ádám Vay was in this game, that was a howler of a goal to concede
        https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
          That game was insane. Once Bowns stopped that penalty shot I figured GB would probably pull an equalizer out of their ***.

Also takes Italy up with them. As good as Ádám Vay was in this game, that was a howler of a goal to concede
          GB Ice Hockey’s Twitter is a fun read right now. That penalty shot save was brilliant.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

GB Ice Hockey’s Twitter is a fun read right now. That penalty shot save was brilliant.
            Entire game was. Hell the entire tournament was. Had Hungary held on it would've ended in a four-way tie for gold. That's top-level drama.

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

2 U's, 2 K's... 1 blade.

This has been an entertaining game.

Comment

They're currently 24th in the world and it looks like they'll jump to 22nd for next year. That's gotta be one of the lowest teams to ever make the top tier, since most usually have at least a year in between promotions to get more points.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  They're currently 24th in the world and it looks like they'll jump to 22nd for next year. That's gotta be one of the lowest teams to ever make the top tier, since most usually have at least a year in between promotions to get more points.
                  Back to back promotions to go from DI Group B to the World Championships. Hopefully this gives the sport in the UK a bit of a shot in the arm.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Someone should probably inform the Bolts that they aren't playing the Devils anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                      Entire game was. Hell the entire tournament was. Had Hungary held on it would've ended in a four-way tie for gold. That's top-level drama.
                      Italy and Slovenia ended with both teams pulling their goalies to try to get a regulation win (and Italy scoring a goal to win 4-3).
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

So much for Boston being wary from the seven game series.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Top 3 Lottery picks

@FriedgeHNIC: Top 3 will be BUF, CAR & MON. Order announced in second intermission

If this game is a blow out, will people stick around to see who gets Dahlin??
                          Last edited by joecct; 04-28-2018, 06:51 PM.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Italy and Slovenia ended with both teams pulling their goalies to try to get a regulation win (and Italy scoring a goal to win 4-3).
                            Yup. OT would've eliminated both. One of the strangest occurrences I've seen in hockey.

Comment

And Buffalo wins the lottery.

and - after 2
                              SJ 3
                              VGK 2
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

2 power plays for SJ in double OT.

If they don't cash this in, they deserve to lose.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X