This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2017.1: We turn over a new Leaf and still find a Penguin

Reading about the Knights last weekend I came across the never knew existed "talent bankruptcy” draft.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...1PP/story.html
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Their coach is awesome and firing him was one of many stupid things the FL Panthers have done.
      It will be criminal if Gallant doesn't win Jack Adams...
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        Got to be a lock although the Colorado coach will get votes
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          I agree, though it's typically been awarded to coaches who get really good goaltending for a year (and then unsurprisingly when the team is in last place the next year, nobody thinks that coach is good anymore ).

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            I agree, though it's typically been awarded to coaches who get really good goaltending for a year (and then unsurprisingly when the team is in last place the next year, nobody thinks that coach is good anymore ).
            *cough* Patrick Roy *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Gardiner is a 3rd pair D. 18 min a night.
              Rielly is a top 6, 20+ min a night
              Hainsey is old
              Polak is slow
              Ziatsev regressed
              Mcdermid is possibly a top 6,but may be a 3rd pair.

It's going to cost MLSE to hit the free agent D market, and a trade will cost assets unless they deal with Garth Snow.

What is down at the Marlies?
              Don't think there's a top four D on the farm. Bozak wants to stay. Sign him and trade Nylander for a D-man.
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                Don't think there's a top four D on the farm. Bozak wants to stay. Sign him and trade Nylander for a D-man.
                I'd rather keep JVR.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

When did the NHL stop re-seeding the second round of the playoffs? Isn't it stupid to have the 2 teams with the most points in the NHL playing a second round playoff series? Did this happen when they went back to a 4 division setup? My interest in the NHL has cratered in the last 10 years so I have not paid much attention to the regular season and don't really even know what the regular season rankings were the last few years when the post season rolled around.

Comment

Vuck Fegas!

Comment

Wow, Hellebuyck was a wall tonight; doing Commerce Township and UML proud.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        When did the NHL stop re-seeding the second round of the playoffs? Isn't it stupid to have the 2 teams with the most points in the NHL playing a second round playoff series? Did this happen when they went back to a 4 division setup? My interest in the NHL has cratered in the last 10 years so I have not paid much attention to the regular season and don't really even know what the regular season rankings were the last few years when the post season rolled around.
                        Yes. Gary, in all his brilliance, wanted to force division rivalries down our throats, so you get your 2v3 division first round match ups, 1 vs. Wild card. Then 2nd round is slated for a "division" finals, leading to ECF. It's stupid, IMO, as you're usually going to lose a really good team or 3 in the second round.

It's a shame that this year will have TBL/BOS, NSH/WPG losers bow out in the 2nd round, when those could very well have been your conference finalists in the old setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          Yes. Gary, in all his brilliance, wanted to force division rivalries down our throats, so you get your 2v3 division first round match ups, 1 vs. Wild card. Then 2nd round is slated for a "division" finals, leading to ECF. It's stupid, IMO, as you're usually going to lose a really good team or 3 in the second round.

It's a shame that this year will have TBL/BOS, NSH/WPG losers bow out in the 2nd round, when those could very well have been your conference finalists in the old setup.
                          You lose teams that would normally make the second round as well. There were two teams I didn't like the Wild's chances against. Nashville and Winnipeg. They played Winnipeg in a road series when they would have had home ice in a standard 1v8 2v7 3v6 4v5 format.

I don't think the Wild get out of conference semifinals regardless, but dang what a ripoff.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Not NHL related but hockey relevant:

In the year of our lord 2018, Darius Kasparaitis was on a team that won a competitive hockey tournament.
                            https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                              Not NHL related but hockey relevant:

In the year of our lord 2018, Darius Kasparaitis was on a team that won a competitive hockey tournament.
                              He's still playing? I'd like to know his fitness regimen.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                He's still playing? I'd like to know his fitness regimen.
                                He came out of retirement at 45 to play the Division 1B World Championships for Lithuania, who was hosting. They defeated Estonia 4-1 to clinch the tournament and promotion to Division 1A (the second division).

I have an odd fascination with these lower level tournaments, this year's Division 1A has been insane and is about to end in a four-way tie (barring a choke job by Hungary)
                                https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Working...
                                X