This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I stepped outside at 1-0, came back in, and Whiskey-Tango.
    6-0 Final.

Maybe one day someone at USA Hockey will wake up and realize “We’ve won 10 U18 titles and 4 U20 titles but haven’t won a World Championship since 1935? Maybe we should take this seriously for once...”
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: NHL 2017.1: We turn over a new Leaf and still find a Penguin

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      6-0 Final.

Maybe one day someone at USA Hockey will wake up and realize “We’ve won 10 U18 titles and 4 U20 titles but haven’t won a World Championship since 1935? Maybe we should take this seriously for once...”
      1960 and 1980 Olympics soothes that a bit.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        1960 and 1980 Olympics soothes that a bit.
        1980 was 38 years ago. That’s the first big thing American hockey culture needs to get over. It was great, it was special and it means very little now.

Every other Big Six country plus Slovakia has won a World Championship since 2000, even Switzerland has had a higher finish, it’s pretty embarrassing at this point.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

And if we’re talking Great American Hockey teams, I’ll take the 1996 World Cup team every time. That team had dedication and worked hard and world class talent.
          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

@Buccigross: If your just logging on...Boston University Head Hockey Coach David Quinn has informed his athletic director, Drew Marrochello , he is taking the @NYRangers head-coaching position. Source says 5 years, 12 million. https://***********/Buccigross/statu...785857/photo/1
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              1980 was 38 years ago. That’s the first big thing American hockey culture needs to get over. It was great, it was special and it means very little now.

Every other Big Six country plus Slovakia has won a World Championship since 2000, even Switzerland has had a higher finish, it’s pretty embarrassing at this point.
              Pittsburgh has won the last two STANLEY CUPS!

Last mookie checked that is in America
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Chicago Blackhawks Marian Hossa will not play hockey anymore. The 39-year-old played 19 seasons in the NHL, eight of which for the Blackhawks as a key contributor to three Stanley Cup titles. Hossa, a five-time all-star, has had a distinguished career as he’s posted 1,134 points in 1,309 games and has been touted as one of the best defensive forwards of the game. He had a productive season in 2016-17, his last, as he put up 26 goals and 19 assists.

Hossa, who has been listed on LTIR for the 2017-18 season, still has three years remaining on the 12-year, $63.3MM deal he signed in 2009, which counts for a $5.275MM cap hit.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

In the time since the US last won gold at the IIHF senior top division (the 1980 Olympics replaced the WC), Czechoslovakia won their sixth world championship, then split into two nations who have both won a gold (Czech Republic has won six and Slovakia one)
                  https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                  https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                  NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                  Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                    Chicago Blackhawks Marian Hossa will not play hockey anymore. The 39-year-old played 19 seasons in the NHL, eight of which for the Blackhawks as a key contributor to three Stanley Cup titles. Hossa, a five-time all-star, has had a distinguished career as he’s posted 1,134 points in 1,309 games and has been touted as one of the best defensive forwards of the game. He had a productive season in 2016-17, his last, as he put up 26 goals and 19 assists.

Hossa, who has been listed on LTIR for the 2017-18 season, still has three years remaining on the 12-year, $63.3MM deal he signed in 2009, which counts for a $5.275MM cap hit.
                    Same thing that knocked Tom Reid out of playing.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Swiss up 2-1 after 2 against Canada.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        Swiss up 2-1 after 2 against Canada.
                        3-1 now late in the third.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Swiss win 3-2.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post

*pffft* Blackhawk who? I believe you mean "Atlanta Thrasher Legend Marian Hossa."
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I like how NBC is clearly waiting until the last second to switch over to the game.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                I like how NBC is clearly waiting until the last second to switch over to the game.
                                NBC is covering lacrosse??
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X