This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    US up 11-1 on Korea right now. US had 29 shots in the first period.
    Korea took the early 1-0 lead. USA had them right where they wanted them.

12-1 now.

Comment

• Re: NHL 2017.1: We turn over a new Leaf and still find a Penguin

US finishes with a baker's dozen. 13-1.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Whatever happened to the gentlemen's rule: Never beat a team by more than 10 unless you mean to beat them by more than 10.

Or is it tourneys like this use "total goals" or whatever as 19th tiebreaker.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Whatever happened to the gentlemen's rule: Never beat a team by more than 10 unless you mean to beat them by more than 10.

The US had 6 power play goals. Korea was their own worst enemy to be honest.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Including the Olympics, Korea is now 0-9 with 6 goals for and 61 against. They're just bad.

Unless the Elite League is super awesome, Britain is going to run into the same issue next year.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Well this game went South quickly.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                US finishes with a baker's dozen. 13-1.
                Solid come from behind victory. Nice to see them respond to adversity...
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

😂 😂
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Finland leads Canada 3-1 after 1.

From the US perspective it’s probably better for this game to go to OT.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Finland beats Canada 5-1.

Canada slips into 4th in Group B (though they have a game in hand on Denmark) and unless Finland and the US both lose their next game it looks like Canada will be playing Russia or Sweden in the Quarterfinals.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Denmark is very consistent. Three goals scored in every win so far.

Assuming the US beats Norway today, tomorrow will be the relegation decider. Norway would just need to take Korea to OT to stay.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

US beats Norway 9-3, Finland loses to Germany in OT. US just needs a point versus Finland to clinch first.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

What a butt kicking by the Caps tonight. Lightning took a 2-1 lead because of 2 gifts on the powerplay but then it was all Caps. Tampa threw in the towel when it became 5-2. Caps win it 5-2 and now go home for the next 2
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              What a butt kicking by the Caps tonight. Lightning took a 2-1 lead because of 2 gifts on the powerplay but then it was all Caps. Tampa threw in the towel when it became 5-2. Caps win it 5-2 and now go home for the next 2
                              Tampa isn't making life tough for the Caps, at all. Couple that with way too many bad reads/pinches by their D, and Caps offense taking advantage of odd man rushes.

Also Caps 1-1-3 has effectively shut down the Lightning from gaining the zone, and when they do, it's one and done.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                Tampa isn't making life tough for the Caps, at all. Couple that with way too many bad reads/pinches by their D, and Caps offense taking advantage of odd man rushes.

Also Caps 1-1-3 has effectively shut down the Lightning from gaining the zone, and when they do, it's one and done.
                                They are winning convincingly enough that I don't even ind the local bandwagon's crowing. They deserve it.

I still think they'll be ripped by whoever wins the West. But I thought Tampa would destroy the Caps, so who the heck knows now? They are peaking at exactly the right moment.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X