X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NHL 2017.1: We turn over a new Leaf and still find a Penguin

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Oh, so now I'm causing people to kill themselves? Good to know.
    Lighten up, Eeyore.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      This Cup drought is getting old.
      Don't I know it!

https://youtu.be/5oSNC5tFbhc
      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
        Steve, which Canadian team do you think will win the cup next?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
          The Leafs' last Cup was so long ago we still rode horses.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            The Leafs' last Cup was so long ago we still rode horses.
            I wasn't sure horses had been invented yet back then.

It's fun to listen to 640 Toronto (TuneIn Radio) when they talk Leafs.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
              Steve, which Canadian team do you think will win the cup next?
              My youngest son and I say Toronto, my oldest son says Edmonton.

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              I wasn't sure horses had been invented yet back then.

It's fun to listen to 640 Toronto (TuneIn Radio) when they talk Leafs.
              Wiseguy, huh? How about those motorcycle helmets too?

I was 13 that summer -- I've been collecting Canada Pension for four years.
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

I say Edmonton. I'm not sold on Andersen being the 'clutch' playoff goalie Toronto needs.

I would not put money on either one though. I think Edmonton's window is shorter, especially given that Cam Talbot is already 30, and who knows if Nick Ellis is good enough for the NHL.

Comment

I pick Ottawa. Because, what the hell.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I say Edmonton. I'm not sold on Andersen being the 'clutch' playoff goalie Toronto needs.

I would not put money on either one though. I think Edmonton's window is shorter, especially given that Cam Talbot is already 30, and who knows if Nick Ellis is good enough for the NHL.
                    That team could be so much better is the frustrating thing to think about. They could still have Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle :facepalm:

Comment

I think we can all agree it won't be Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        I think we can all agree it won't be Vancouver.
                        Or Lose-ipeg.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Or Lose-ipeg.
                          You can take the Thrashers out of Atlanta, but you can never take the losing out of the Thrashers.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            That team could be so much better is the frustrating thing to think about. They could still have Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle :facepalm:
                            I think the Oilers got better with the Larsson/Hall trade. They needed a dman more than a left wing who has yet to score 30 goals in a season and doesn't care to play defense. The Eberle trade was done to free up cap space for next year when the McD contract starts up. They are rolling the dice on Strome.

The Oilers have signed some bad contracts on aging players, plus there goalie is getting old. They may be the next Canadian cup winner, but I agree the window is a short one.

Comment

They didn't get better because of the Larsson Hall trade, they got better because McDavid played a full season and they got unsustainably good goaltending from a guy who was almost 30. This is why Dom L's preseason predictions have the Oilers getting more like 93 points next year and not 100. Hall is a top five player at his position and Larsson is a low end first pairing D at best. They easily could have room for these guys without the horrid Lucic contract too.

With the D they just needed someone to get the puck to McDavid and go from there. The guy is so good he can make Kris Russell look competent and a guy like Larsson look much better than he is. The Penguins without Letang were the same way basically.
                              Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-30-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                They didn't get better because of the Larsson Hall trade, they got better because McDavid played a full season and they got unsustainably good goaltending from a guy who was almost 30. Hall is a top five player at his position and Larsson is a low end first pairing D at best. They easily could have room for these guys without the horrid Lucic contract too.
                                We have different views on Hall. I also think Larsson is better than people give him credit for. He was +15 his last year in NJ and that team was awful. He played well for the Oilers this last year and played a lot of minutes.

Lucic is the worst of the three contracts I was thinking are bad. Sekera's will be viewed as bad in a few years and I don't get the Russell contract from the start.

Comment

Working...
                                X