X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2017.1: We turn over a new Leaf and still find a Penguin

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    Or not.
    I know folks love Toronto, but they're not going anywhere with that group on defense.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      While I admit to not thinking this thing would be 2-all after the way it started, I would be more impressed with Ovechkin if he said "we're gonna win the series" and not just that it will be tied when we go home. If they drop the next two, no one will remember they won 3 and 4 on the road. If they lose in 7, the only reason anyone will remember will be that Washington lost another series clinching game at home (something that's already happened 3 times this decade, including a couple of game 7s). I've always like Ovechkin and hope they pull it out. Maybe winning a series after the way this one started might be enough to get them over the 2nd round hump.
      Oshie's hurt but playing. Now that that is known teams will bang on him all the more. That does not help WAS.

If WAS advances past CBJ I just don't see them getting past PIT (who I assume is dispatching PHI this evening).
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Oshie's hurt but playing. Now that that is known teams will bang on him all the more. That does not help WAS.

If WAS advances past CBJ I just don't see them getting past PIT (who I assume is dispatching PHI this evening).
        WAS - PIT is the annual divine comedy. We all know how it ends.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          I know folks love Toronto, but they're not going anywhere with that group on defense.
          Agreed. Never been a fan of Gardner and Zaitsev's like a deer in the headlights. But Matthews and Nylander have been invisible for the most part.
          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Minnesota's start was... not ideal. 4-0 WPG after one.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Minnesota's start was... not ideal. 4-0 WPG after one.
              They have a lot of quit in them?
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Lol! Holy ****.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Everyone knew they had no shot against Winnipeg. Having Suter might have made it a six game series. Might. You just aren't going to win when all of your 25-30 goalscorers combine for ~20 shots over five games.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Everyone knew they had no shot against Winnipeg. Having Suter might have made it a six game series. Might. You just aren't going to win when all of your 25-30 goalscorers combine for ~20 shots over five games.
                    No, they had a shot. They blew it. Their forward group needed to step up and carry more of the load. They didn't. Again. It's happened over and over again.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      No, they had a shot. They blew it. Their forward group needed to step up and carry more of the load. They didn't. Again. It's happened over and over again.
                      !
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Bolts advance, will face winner of Bruins/Leafs (admittedly, probably Boston). That should be a boring series to watch, certainly no excitement in that /sarcastic.

Comment

Wild. Tamed.

Devils. Exorcised.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Maybe if two of the best Wild forwards weren’t playing for VGK this year ...

All to protect Scandella?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

They did that to keep Dumba. Scandy was dealt to buffalo.
                              Also Haula wasn't moving up here and Tuch was nowhere clsoe to one of the best forwards.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

What planet did you get that take from? Not even close.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X