Rinne's coming unglued.
      That slash was ill-advised....
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Re: NHL 2017.1: We turn over a new Leaf and still find a Penguin

I guess Tom Wilson can play some golf until next week or so.
        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Slava on Russian hockey penalties

@SlavaMalamud: 1/ I feel like not enough attention is being paid to the Russians. Yet, we have taken the types of liberties with hockey terminology that would make Yanks look adorably orthodox. There is a reason for that. The Russian language, while poetic, isn't functional enough for hockey... https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/...66182004346880

@SlavaMalamud: 2/ So, for one, a simple hockey term like "interference" in Russian balloons into "ataka igroka, ne vladeyushchego shayboy." Please, say that 10 times fast. Yes, it's a comma there. Translated, it's "attack on a player not in possession of a puck". Sounds like police brutality...

@SlavaMalamud: 3/ It gets quirkier, too. Terms such as "transition", "forecheck" and "backcheck" all require bulky three- or four-word sentences to translate. "Hooking" is "zaderzhka sopernika klyushkoy", or "delaying an opponent with a stick." Kinky...

@SlavaMalamud: 4/4 But, by far, my favorite Russian hockeyism is "too many men on the ice", which sounds waaaay to informal for our language. In Russian, it's "narusheniye chislennogo sostava", or... wait for it... "violation of numerical composition." Weep, Canada. Weep!
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

3-0 San Jose start of the third. How will the Sharks mess this up?
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Hmmmmmm. Looks like Jones isn't going to let them go Shark in this one.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

I don't think the Sharkies are blowing this one.

Comment

Maybe Fleury realized that it's May.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

(^^^) (^^^)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Didn't realize that it was the Las Vegas Golden Ducks.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                        I guess Tom Wilson can play some golf until next week or so.
                        I'm a Caps fan, but I am sickened by his history of injuring opponents. He got what he deserved, and it was too long in coming, IMO.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          Maybe Fleury realized that it's May.
                          he is always on the edge of that cliff ...... just have to hope he doesn't look over the edge
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            I'm a Caps fan, but I am sickened by his history of injuring opponents. He got what he deserved, and it was too long in coming, IMO.
                            Read the comments section of the WaPo article covering the suspension. It's split on whether the NHL is really run by the Penguins or that it was a dirty hit.

Me - dirty hit.
                            Last edited by joecct; 05-03-2018, 04:52 AM.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Read the comments section of the WaPo article covering the suspension. It's split on whether the NHL is really run by the Penguins or that it was a dirty hit.

Me - dirty hit.
                              mookie wishes
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X