• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2017.1: We turn over a new Leaf and still find a Penguin

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    the regular season doesn't matter, just finish in the top 8
    *checks Wikipedia*

Well, I'll be dammed, you're right Mookie! The Stanley Cup winner has NEVER come from ninth in the conference or lower!
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Well he's technically wrong. The regular season matters in that you must finish in the top 8 if you want to be in the post season.

Heres to the Pens going 0-82!
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        *checks Wikipedia*

Well, I'll be dammed, you're right Mookie! The Stanley Cup winner has NEVER come from ninth in the conference or lower!
        Though this isn't necessarily true anymore with the whole 3 teams from each division automatically getting in.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          Though this isn't necessarily true anymore with the whole 3 teams from each division automatically getting in.
          I guess it's statistically possible for the 3rd place team in a division to finish 9th in the conference, but I suspect it would be pretty unlikely.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Cool: https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/10...ooting-tribute

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Frk is seriously gunning for an NHL job.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Frk is seriously gunning for an NHL job.
                82-0, baby!
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

LEAFS WIN!!

Backburner game against Chicago with St. Auston getting the OTGWG.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    LEAFS WIN!!

And that was sick!
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      LEAFS WIN!!

Did you mean "barn burner?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                        Did you mean "barn burner?"
                        Stupid android spell checker.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          LEAFS WIN!!

Top shelf where Grandma keeps the peanut butter!

The boys remind me of the young Hawks when Kane and Toews were rooks. Gawd, they're fun to watch!

And how about this? He'll be telling his grandkids it was a rocket from the top of the circle.

Good on ya, mate! #GDNate
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Gotta give a serious stick tap to the Golden Knights. They removed ALL ads on the boards for their home opener tonight, replacing them with #VegasStrong around the rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              Gotta give a serious stick tap to the Golden Knights. They removed ALL ads on the boards for their home opener tonight, replacing them with #VegasStrong around the rink.
                              Now keep them off.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yep. And already donated $300k to charity and cancelled their fan fest last week to send the players around to visit first responders and survivors.

#VegasStrong t-shirts are also available through shop.nhl.com, of which neither Fanatics or the NHL are making any money, the full amount from t-shirts are going to Vegas charities.

So far, they're starting off on the right foot.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X