Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC Women's Hockey '17-'18: Olympic Year Titles Are Just As Sweet

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    The first BC goal was problematic as well. She got the middle of her pad on the shot, but she had it at such a sharp angle that the puck still bounced into the net. The 'Dogs missed Rooney tonight.
    Exactly my thoughts as well.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
      ESPN 3 - not available in Canada or the United States....now isn't that swell. I would call this a bit of a screw up.
      I am in the US, but my cable provider (Metrocast) does not support ESPN3, so I'm on the outside (not) looking in as well.
      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
        I am in the US, but my cable provider (Metrocast) does not support ESPN3, so I'm on the outside (not) looking in as well.
        Thank you - tried every which way without any success. Thought it was just me.

Comment

Just to clarify what I said to Blackbeard earlier about "logging into" ESPN. I play fantasy football on ESPN so that is the login that I used to be able to access the broadcast. Another way you could check out if you haven't already tried it is through the following link. Just a bit of gray area with this just so you know...

https://kodi.tv/
          Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-06-2017, 10:51 AM.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

It's a shame for those who couldn't get the game, especially if they are people who would have happily paid to do so like the old option. Myself, I enjoyed watching about half the game and also a bit of the presser afterward. I believe this is a huge component to increasing the popularity of the game (not to mention appealing to recruits) making it accessible to more people. I would think it's a relatively small number of women's hockey fans that actually live in the 35 communities that have D1 college hockey. So, good for Boston College and all the programs that regularly stream their games. Reading in the Wisconsin thread, I learned Syracuse is not streaming that series at all, which seems foolish to me. It would be interesting to hear the reasoning behind that.

As for the game itself, I thought goaltending was the difference. UMD needs to bring what it did in the first period, and that strong PP, to get the win today.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
              UMD needs to bring what it did in the first period...
              I thought that part of UMD's advantage in the first period was that the Bulldogs already had a series behind them, while the Eagles did not. Everybody is just a bit more comfortable in the systems and in synch with each other. Once BC tied the score with the shorthanded goal (that the poor announcer kept calling a power-play goal), that advantage seemed to disappear and the Eagles were the better team, provided two of them were not sitting in the PB.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Watching game two. BC looks fast, and better at driving the net, but they need to improve the penalty kill for sure!
                "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

BC up 2-1 after the first period today...Typical BC team with maybe not quite the star power as they have had previously. All in on offense.
                  Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-06-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

4-1 bc up after 2 periods. UMD had some defensive breakdowns that cost them.

I'm sure that we're going to hear from the chief cheerleader about how great Daryl Watts is after this one.
                    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-06-2017, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Daryl Watts with a hat trick to put BC up 4-1 after 2. Watts has five points in two games, and is a freshman. Day-amn. Lonergan has three assists tonight and Miano two. Newkirk also has an assist. Even if BC doesn't score in the third, Lonergan and Watts will each have five points in two games, Miano and Newkirk four, Kent and Corson two. BC looks to be a hard team to shut down.
                      "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

I thought that part of UMD's advantage in the first period was that the Bulldogs already had a series behind them, while the Eagles did not. Everybody is just a bit more comfortable in the systems and in synch with each other. Once BC tied the score with the shorthanded goal (that the poor announcer kept calling a power-play goal), that advantage seemed to disappear and the Eagles were the better team, provided two of them were not sitting in the PB.
                        I agree with this completely
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                          Daryl Watts with a hat trick to put BC up 4-1 after 2. Watts has five points in two games, and is a freshman. Day-amn.
                          Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          I'm sure that we're going to hear from the chief cheerleader about how great Daryl Watts is after this one.
                          Yeah I've been screaming in everyone's ear to everybody who will listen to me since the exhibition that Watts is going to win a Kaz. She is freaking legit, it looks like she's involved in every single offensive play.

Also Lonergan definitely looks better than her already-good freshman year. She put in a ton of work over the offseason.

Gotta close this one out.

Comment

I thought that part of UMD's advantage in the first period was that the Bulldogs already had a series behind them, while the Eagles did not. .
                            Yes, I thought this might be the case. Sounds like today bears that out as well. Time for more Daryl Watts puns from Grant.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                              Time for more Daryl Watts puns from Grant.
                              Spoiler alert, my recap article headline is going to be "Watts Lights Up Duluth"

Comment

4-1 final. A great moral victory for UMD in that they were able to keep Watts off the score sheet in the 3rd period.

Comment

Working...
                                X