• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC Women's Hockey '17-'18: Olympic Year Titles Are Just As Sweet

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Thanks, but I don't have such a thing.
    Ok, well good news. UMD up 1-0
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

BC with the equalizer on a nice play. Period 1 in the books 1-1. Good game so far.

Comment

UMD looks like the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. Good team play. BC looks quick strike. Scarier. First period I thought tilted to Duluth a little but it's going to be tough to hold off the Eagles.

Comment

Thanks, but I don't have such a thing.
          Since TSN is partially owned by ESPN, can you check TSN2Go?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

BC now up 3-1 midway through the second. Overall the play is pretty even, despite UMD holding a 20-14 edge in SOG.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Since TSN is partially owned by ESPN, can you check TSN2Go?
              Thanks for that, but, no go.

Out of luck I guess. Seems like some oversight or mistake? Never had trouble accessing BC home games before.

Comment

End of the 2nd period 3-1 BC lead. UMD goalie kinda Peters it a bit on the 2nd goal and was the victim of an unlucky deflection on the 3rd goal. BC with quite a few turnovers that Burt saved or UMD messed up on.

Comment

And That a wrap. BC wins 4-3. UMD scored two 5-3 powerplay goals in the 3rd to make it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    End of the 2nd period 3-1 BC lead. UMD goalie kinda Peters it a bit on the 2nd goal and was the victim of an unlucky deflection on the 3rd goal. BC with quite a few turnovers that Burt saved or UMD messed up on.
                    So the unfortunate deflection was the margin of victory.

Looks like the 'Dogs were applying pressure with the extra attacker in the last minute and a half or so. Did they create any/many good opportunities?

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Way too many penalties all at once, almost blew it... but BC was pretty well in control once they took the lead, despite what the shots say. Those 5 on 3s made the game a lot closer than it was.

1-0-0. WOO.
                      Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 10-05-2017, 08:08 PM.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

So the unfortunate deflection was the margin of victory.

Looks like the 'Dogs were applying pressure with the extra attacker in the last minute and a half or so. Did they create any/many good opportunities?
                        A couple that were pretty decent but in the end BC's goalie was just a little better. 4th BC goal, a power play goal I think, went five-hole. I think the UMD goalie would like to have that one back.

Comment

No problems with the ESPN app on my phone. The video feed was crystal clear. HD I'm guessing. Wish they would track the game closer to the play. I know coaches like to see all players on the ice at the same time for video review with their teams but you don't need to see 2/3 of the rink when the play is in one of the end zones. The players are so small from that view that you can't tell who's who on each team. You don't really see the goals well like that either. Thank goodness for the replays.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            No problems with the ESPN app on my phone. The video feed was crystal clear. HD I'm guessing. Wish they would track the game closer to the play. I know coaches like to see all players on the ice at the same time for video review with their teams but you don't need to see 2/3 of the rink when the play is in one of the end zones. The players are so small from that view that you can't tell who's who on each team. You don't really see the goals well like that either. Thank goodness for the replays.
                            Yeah, WatchESPN really has a sharp picture. It's great. And you're totally right about BC's video being far away. They will sometimes switch between multiple angles where they're the closer camera or even in the corner, but it does make for a tough time seeing what happens on the goals. The replays are great but live sometimes you're just looking for the referee's arm.

So yeah basically exactly what you said lol

Comment

Recap! https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...-umd-bullddogs

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                4th BC goal, a power play goal I think, went five-hole. I think the UMD goalie would like to have that one back.
                                The first BC goal was problematic as well. She got the middle of her pad on the shot, but she had it at such a sharp angle that the puck still bounced into the net. The 'Dogs missed Rooney tonight.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X