Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Women's Hockey '17-'18: Olympic Year Titles Are Just As Sweet

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Meanwhile, BC counters with the best offense that most of the other potential FF teams will have seen all season.
    Wasn't that the same scenario in 2015/2016 where bc's high risk, high reward offense was forced into turnovers and exposed by Clarkson, and especially Minnesota, in that Frozen Four?
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Only if BC plays a team that can exploit any remaining holes on the blue line. Meanwhile, BC counters with the best offense that most of the other potential FF teams will have seen all season. A 6-5 final score might be good for showcasing the sport to a TV audience.
      I had a dream over vacation that BC beat Wisconsin 6-5 in OT in the semifinal. I remembered it especially well mostly because of how likely that final score is haha

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      Wasn't that the same scenario in 2015/2016 where bc's high risk, high reward offense was forced into turnovers and exposed by Clarkson, and especially Minnesota, in that Frozen Four?
      Eh idk about that. We only gave up two goals to Clarkson. I don't recall either of them being off turnovers, but I barely remember the first 50 minutes of that game anyway lol. As for the Minnesota game, that game felt so abnormal after giving up the first goal like 4 seconds in. I pushed most of that game from my memory
      Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 12-14-2017, 03:06 PM.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Without looking....offense A+, defense B-. How did I do? It's shocking Burt only has 1 s/o. BC is in big trouble in the FF.
        Pretty close to me! A+ offense, C defense, B+ power play, D+ penalty kill, B+ overall.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see any of the top 4 teams win it this year. Wisconsin is the favorite but you can throw a blanket over 2-4, and they aren't that far behind Wisconsin talent-wise, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          I had a dream over vacation that BC beat Wisconsin 6-5 in OT in the semifinal. I remembered it especially well mostly because of how likely that final score is haha
          Fixed

Eh idk about that. We only gave up two goals to Clarkson. I don't recall either of them being off turnovers, but I barely remember the first 50 minutes of that game anyway lol. As for the Minnesota game, that game felt so abnormal after giving up the first goal like 4 seconds in. I pushed most of that game from my memory
          As you should...And you probably should prepare to do the same this year for precautionary purposes...We wouldn't want to see you short circuit and have a meltdown at Ridder.

Comment

Fixed
            Ha woops

As you should...And you probably should prepare to do the same this year for precautionary purposes...We wouldn't want to see you short circuit and have a meltdown at Ridder.
            After we lost to Harvard in the semis a few years ago I was pretty much physically immovable from my seat for a good 15 minutes after the buzzer

Comment

Pretty close to me! A+ offense, C defense, B+ power play, D+ penalty kill, B+ overall.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see any of the top 4 teams win it this year. Wisconsin is the favorite but you can throw a blanket over 2-4, and they aren't that far behind Wisconsin talent-wise, IMO.
              BC may have more talent @ F than UW. One would think with all the experience Burt > Campbell, but the numbers say otherwise. I have no clue on D.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                BC may have more talent @ F than UW. One would think with all the experience Burt > Campbell, but the numbers say otherwise. I have no clue on D.
                BC's top 3 forwards are considerably better than Wisconsin's top 3, but the Badgers are likely a bit deeper. The blue line is similar, in that the top couple of D for each might be a wash, but after that, Wisconsin has the advantage. At this stage of their careers, I would go with Burt over Campbell. The numbers for Campbell are largely a product of the team in front of her. She isn't asked to save two or three shots in a row like Burt is.
                Last edited by ARM; 12-14-2017, 04:56 PM. Reason: wrong verb tense
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Ha woops

After we lost to Harvard in the semis a few years ago I was pretty much physically immovable from my seat for a good 15 minutes after the buzzer
                  Believe me TTT, NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY sat in their seat longer than I did after that one...which was still only half as long as I sat after St Louis last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
                    Believe me TTT, NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY sat in their seat longer than I did after that one...
                    Given how that game ended I... would certainly believe that lol

Comment

Recap from Merrimack: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...imack-warriors

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        B.C.’s D definitely needs some work. Too many Merrimack players left unattended out front. Watts’ big 5 pt night hertz yet another foe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                          B.C.’s D definitely needs some work. Too many Merrimack players left unattended out front. Watts’ big 5 pt night hertz yet another foe.
                          These thing come in cycles, don't they?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

One of my New Years resolutions was to quit making Watts puns. Yous two are obviously going to make it much more difficult to turn that off.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              One of my New Years resolutions was to quit making Watts puns. Yous two are obviously going to make it much more difficult to turn that off.
                              Sounds like your current resolution might need to be rewired somewatt!

Comment

• Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                                Watts’ big 5 pt night hertz yet another foe.
                                Apparently the key to her success is that she's really big into yoga and meditation, and can be heard chanting her mantra before every game, "Ohm, ohm, ohm...."

Comment

Working...
                                X