X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Women's Hockey '17-'18: Olympic Year Titles Are Just As Sweet

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Update: Miano is God now
    She is now, but come September, you'll be saying, "BC didn't lose that much to graduation ..."
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      She is now, but come September, you'll be saying, "BC didn't lose that much to graduation ..."
      SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'll cross that bridge when I get there
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

You should learn something from Gopher fans. Our team is always gutted by graduation. That's a big reason why we're so young!

Comment

Recap from a very fun game last night: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...astern-huskies

Comment

TTT, can you give your breakdown of Friday’s game? The HE highlights were useless in showing the tenor of the game....was it an off game for BC, on Senior’s Day? Did UNH actually outskate the Eagles, or did Boutilier steal the game? DC and I were working but she was giddy, as you can well imagine.....I was more reserved of course!🏒🏒🏒

Comment

• Originally posted by zoofer View Post
              TTT, can you give your breakdown of Friday’s game? The HE highlights were useless in showing the tenor of the game....was it an off game for BC, on Senior’s Day? Did UNH actually outskate the Eagles, or did Boutilier steal the game? DC and I were working but she was giddy, as you can well imagine.....I was more reserved of course!🏒🏒🏒
              Here's the recap I did: https://www.bcinterruption.com/boston-college-bc-eagles-womens-hockey/2018/2/9/16998260/boston-college-bc-eagles-womens-hockey-final-score-2-1-unh-new-hampshire-wildcats

It was a really bad game I thought. Both UNH goals were super, super soft. Even Watts' goal had eyes. UNH did a good job clogging everything up (credit to them, in fairness), and BC just couldn't get much of anything going. Very few odd player rushes and passes were just all over the place. It was a really ugly game.

Everything about that game screamed "Beanpot hangover."

Comment

You’re slipping TTT....that took over 20 minutes! 😉😉👍👍👍

Comment

• Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                  You’re slipping TTT....that took over 20 minutes! 😉😉👍👍👍
                  Hahaha I'm at my in-laws' place, you're lucky you got that!

Comment

Both UNH goals were super, super soft.
                    Seriously? The first goal was a very nice job by UNH, first to stay onside, and then to create a secondary break. I wouldn't blame Burt. There's a quality shot on net with a screen both high and low. If I'm a BC fan, what concerns me is that your best D seems to be watching the play, waiting until her team can go on offense again. Good job by the Wildcats doing exactly what they're coached to do: take the open ice that is given, get traffic to the net, put a shot on net, and crash for a rebound. Not a pretty goal, but it's the kind of goal coaches want their teams to score. Watts' goal is the same thing in reverse; BC creates traffic and puts a shot through that traffic. Those count just as much as the fancy goals do.

As for the last goal, it's a tough one for Burt. The puck is outside the goalpost to her right and winds up coming out near the post to her left, but the bottom line is the puck comes from behind the net to a player who is open in front. Burt wouldn't have time to come out and challenge, even if she was looking that way. What she really needs is for #25 to do something -- anything. Not just move her skate out of the way of the puck so that it can slide to the goal scorer in the low slot. And what is #27 doing? Waiting for a pass while UNH has control of the puck. I'm sure Burt would like to have the play over, but her team did her zero favors.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      Seriously? The first goal was a very nice job by UNH, first to stay onside, and then to create a secondary break. I wouldn't blame Burt. There's a quality shot on net with a screen both high and low.
                      I don't mean to sound like I'm blaming Burt; when I say soft I mean that the shot itself was very soft i.e. slow. I wouldn't think this if I hadn't seen it live, because the replay makes it look like an average shot, but in real time, I had a good angle on it (right behind the shooter basically) and it just slid past Burt inside the post in slow motion. It reminded me of the tying goal BC scored against Clarkson in the Frozen Four a couple years ago. It was definitely soft by any definition of the word, from my perspective live.

I'm sure Burt would like to have the play over, but her team did her zero favors.
                      Allow me to introduce you to the 2018 Boston College Women's Hockey team! Lol

No, the second goal wasn't "soft" in the sense of it being a trickler, but it's clearly one that Burt at least wishes she could have had an attempt at.
                      Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 02-11-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                        TTT, can you give your breakdown of Friday’s game? The HE highlights were useless in showing the tenor of the game....was it an off game for BC, on Senior’s Day? Did UNH actually outskate the Eagles, or did Boutilier steal the game? DC and I were working but she was giddy, as you can well imagine.....I was more reserved of course!������
                        Both, but more the second...
                        the goalie was phenomenal.

Comment

....... It reminded me of the tying goal BC scored against Clarkson in the Frozen Four a couple years ago. ........
                          There you go, you had to bring that one up.
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            Seriously? The first goal was a very nice job by UNH, first to stay onside, and then to create a secondary break. I wouldn't blame Burt. There's a quality shot on net with a screen both high and low. If I'm a BC fan, what concerns me is that your best D seems to be watching the play, waiting until her team can go on offense again. Good job by the Wildcats doing exactly what they're coached to do: take the open ice that is given, get traffic to the net, put a shot on net, and crash for a rebound. Not a pretty goal, but it's the kind of goal coaches want their teams to score. Watts' goal is the same thing in reverse; BC creates traffic and puts a shot through that traffic. Those count just as much as the fancy goals do.

As for the last goal, it's a tough one for Burt. The puck is outside the goalpost to her right and winds up coming out near the post to her left, but the bottom line is the puck comes from behind the net to a player who is open in front. Burt wouldn't have time to come out and challenge, even if she was looking that way. What she really needs is for #25 to do something -- anything. Not just move her skate out of the way of the puck so that it can slide to the goal scorer in the low slot. And what is #27 doing? Waiting for a pass while UNH has control of the puck. I'm sure Burt would like to have the play over, but her team did her zero favors.
                            I watched the archive of the game yesterday, and I was impressed with the way UNH played. They had no reason to believe that Friday's game was going to go their way after losing the first two cumulatively 11 - 1. They figured out how to disrupt BC's space, played hard for 60 minutes, and minimized their mistakes. Say what you want about a trap, but if that is the game they need to play to slow down a super fast team, then that is the strategy to employ. It worked, and I was surprised that BC kept trying to force passes through the neutral zone, when the population density there was not in their favor. Telegraphed and intercepted.

I realize that the Beanpot is a hiccup in the normal schedule, but it's not a surprise. I would have a hard time buying in to the coaching staff and players looking past a game, especially this late in the season, with final NCAA seedings on the horizon.

Sometimes the trickler is the only way to beat the goaltender. Doesn't make it any softer than striking a batter out on a change up!
                            Of note is that UNH was playing without arguably one of their stronger and more versatile players, Amy Schlagel, who suffered a season ending injury last weekend. (ice related, but not hockey) Caitlyn Radatovich stepped up and played a solid game in just her 6th appearance this season.
                            UNH had enough reasons to pack it in, but they came out believing in themselves, and whether some might say they stole it, I thought they played like they deserved to be in that game.

That said, anything you can do to break BU's spirit tomorrow will be greatly appreciated!
                            Last edited by DC78-82; 02-12-2018, 08:27 AM.
                            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

• Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                              Say what you want about a trap, but if that is the game they need to play to slow down a super fast team, then that is the strategy to employ.
                              Oh I have absolutely no problem with this. UNH played the game they needed to play and earned the win, which is something most other opponents of ours can't say.

That said, anything you can do to break BU's spirit tomorrow will be greatly appreciated!
                              HEAR HEAR

Comment

Beanpot Preview: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...-safety-school

Comment

Working...
                                X