Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Lucia Apologist

Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Let me know when you’re done flexing the knuckledragger section of your brain.

Gurtholfin

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Let me know when you’re done flexing the knuckledragger section of your brain.

Let me know when you're no longer giving out free passes for "just one" sexual assault.

Better yet... go pick up a 14 year old and carry him/her to your bedroom and attempt to seduce him/her.

Let me know how that works out for you legally.

I'm sure the judge will understand that it was just one bad decision.
    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-01-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    My point was never about Spacey in particular.

Good to know that we all get a mulligan when it comes to sexual assault though.
    Never said anything of the sort. We expected the punishment to fit the crime. Jailtime/whatever, fine. Career ending? Not fine, if a one time thing, which, huh, you happened to agree with.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Lucia Apologist

Never did. You just keep telling yourself that until it’s true.

Gurtholfin

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Never did. You just keep telling yourself that until it’s true.

I don't need to thanks to you two continually posting and qualifying and quantifying when someone should face consequences for sexual assault.

One time wasn't enough.

You both said that repeatedly.

Therefore, one time is acceptable or within the margin. That's what you're saying, whether you put it in those words or not.

You can't have it both ways.

If you feel that one time is acceptable and could be chalked up as an honest mistake, say so. Make your stand!

I'm not surprised that Brent takes a curious stand. He does quite often.

You on the other hand...

Lucia Apologist

Maybe you should look up what a faulty syllogism is. Maybe you’ll stop tilting at windmills.

I don't need to thanks to you two continually posting and qualifying and quantifying when someone should face consequences for sexual assault.

One time wasn't enough.

You both said that repeatedly.

Therefore, one time is acceptable or within the margin. That's what you're saying, whether you put it in those words or not.

If you feel that one time is acceptable and could be chalked up as an honest mistake, say so. Make your stand!

I'm not surprised that Brent takes a curious stand. He does quite often.

You on the other hand...
    Where did I say it was okay? I just said that a one-timer shouldn't have a career ended. And you agreed with that.

As far as dx and I, we RARELY agree on anything, and the fact that we are agreeing on this...well, that points the finger somewhere else for being a bit irrational.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Gurtholfin

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Where did I say it was okay? I just said that a one-timer shouldn't have a career ended. And you agreed with that.

A key difference in what you and I are saying is the bolded part of one of my statements on this:

"Ruining someone's career over a single unsubstantiated allegation is a different issue altogether and I believe there is a conversation to have there."

I said that several times and I also gave you an out and several chances to clarify your position by saying that you should take the Spacey situation out of the "debate" over whether one actual assault is acceptable.

Here's the stance you both should take:

"One unsubstantiated allegation should never ruin someone's career."

I'd agree with that.

You're welcome.

Yes, and I (and others) also said if a pattern emerges, we shall re-evaluate. A pattern is emerging. And now I think Spacey should be done.

I'm very disgusted with him, and yes his goose is cooked. One of the better actors of our generation. And he uses "gay" as an excuse? That's especially bad.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I'm very disgusted with him, and yes his goose is cooked. One of the better actors of our generation. And he uses "gay" as an excuse? That's especially bad.
    Was waiting for that, and maybe I'm in the wrong.....after the first allegation....you just KNOW all the questions from TMZ and all those other places were gonna ask the question "Are you gay?" SPECULATION. He got in front of that. Bad timing? Yes. Got in front of those questions before they were asked? Yes. It's a bit touchy, IMO.

I'm very disgusted with him, and yes his goose is cooked. One of the better actors of our generation.
    Hoffman offs himself, Spacey is a sex criminal.

Cranston is on the clock.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

We do what we must because we can
    For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Only in Wisconsin.

SAUKVILLE, Wis. — A Wisconsin woman is facing charges after her 9-year-old son was tied to the roof of their minivan to help hold down a plastic pool.

Prosecutors allege 28-year-old Amber Schmunk had her son hold down the molded pool they'd just purchased because it wouldn't fit inside the van. WISN-TV reports a witness called police after seeing the incident on Sept. 9 in Saukville, about 20 miles (32 kilometers) north of Milwaukee.

Police documents allege Schmunk told an officer she thought it was OK because her father allowed her to do similar things when she was young.

Schmunk is charged with recklessly endangering safety, which is a felony. She's due in Ozaukee County Circuit Court on Nov. 11.

Court records don't list an attorney who could speak on her behalf.
    http://www.startribune.com/police-bo...ool/454452833/
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Kichizapi Chetan

Spacey seems to ...
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

One of the most overrated actors of our generation.
    fyp

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    From another link: http://www.fox9.com/news/police-mom-...n-plastic-pool

She decided to put the pool on the roof, but did not have anything to strap it down, so she had her nine-year-old son climb on the roof to hold it down, according to the criminal complaint.
    She later said it was safe because she used a strap to tie him down on top of the pool.

Spacey is not a great actor. He's good in certain roles.

That being said, how about this turn of events for a pedophile?: http://kstp.com/news/charge-dismisse...r-old/4655136/

Now, why is she free to go, and others are condemning/ending careers of actors?

Honest question, and will hang up and listen....

Gurtholfin

Spacey is not a great actor. He's good in certain roles.

That being said, how about this turn of events for a pedophile?: http://kstp.com/news/charge-dismisse...r-old/4655136/

Now, why is she free to go, and others are condemning/ending careers of actors?

Honest question, and will hang up and listen....

Coz a judge made a poor decision?

Do you believe that because she got off, others should too?

Not sure what you're getting at although am slightly afraid to find out.

Gurtholfin

If it makes you feel any better, her coaching career is over.

Coz a judge made a poor decision?

Do you believe that because she got off, others should too?

Not sure what you're getting at although am slightly afraid to find out.
    I'm saying she SHOULD have gotten a stiffer sentence. Hell, *A* sentence. Imagine if she were a man, and the child was a female? Circumstances would be much different, I think.

And yes, her coaching career is done. She can still work, just not in that field.

Gurtholfin

I'm saying she SHOULD have gotten a stiffer sentence. Hell, *A* sentence. Imagine if she were a man, and the child was a female? Circumstances would be much different, I think.

And yes, her coaching career is done. She can still work, just not in that field.

All true.

10 years probation with no jail time seemed lenient but the judge let even that go for some reason.

Thread Information