This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

When’s the last time we saw one turn out to be a total fabrication? Duke?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I was sent to the principal's office for sexual harassment in middle school because a girl said that I told her "I have a tromboner."

Wait, that doesn't fit. I did say that.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        The Rolling Stone article about the frat rape(s) were after Duke, IIRC.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/13/b...tone-frat.html
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Right he already mentioned that...his point is we all talk about that one but where are all the others? We should all assume every woman is lying because one stripper did? Whereas how many times have NFL players actually beat the crap out of their wives and girlfriends where the league hasnt done anything. (or there was a suspension but the players played as soon as they were eligible)

Yes I know it happens and when it does the liar should go down hard but I am not going to give an athlete the benefit of the doubt unless they give me a reason to. I am not a jury I dont have to. I am not an NFL team so I dont have to either. And since the NFL has one of the worst reps right now for about 1000 reasons maybe they should start taking a harder line stance on this crap.
          Last edited by Handyman; 04-14-2018, 10:35 AM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Right he already mentioned that...his point is we all talk about that one but where are all the others? We should all assume every woman is lying because one stripper did? Whereas how many times have NFL players actually beat the crap out of their wives and girlfriends where the league hasnt done anything. (or there was a suspension but the players played as soon as they were eligible)

Yes I know it happens and when it does the liar should go down hard but I am not going to give an athlete the benefit of the doubt unless they give me a reason to. I am not a jury I dont have to. I am not an NFL team so I dont have to either. And since the NFL has one of the worst reps right now for about 1000 reasons maybe they should start taking a harder line stance on this crap.
            And I am just saying that because one is accused/charged, don't assume guilt until it is proven. If it's proven? By all means, cut all ties immediately. These days, it's becoming more and more common to punish the individual before that individual is proven to be guilty. That's bothersome to me.

I agree the NFL should be taking a harder stance...for the guilty. The ones in limbo (the charged/accused)? Let it play out, until a verdict is reached. Then act from there.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              He’s gay.

No wait, he doesn’t fellate Uncle Sam and he’s black. And he scares white hicks. So yeah. I guess he might has well be gay.

I say we stone him.
              I think the teams are all going to keep being babies and he won’t end up anywhere. But if a team did give him a tryout and its a red state, I’d bet the state gov would rush to pass a law regarding not standing for the anthem. Then they could put the black man in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                And I am just saying that because one is accused/charged, don't assume guilt until it is proven. If it's proven? By all means, cut all ties immediately. These days, it's becoming more and more common to punish the individual before that individual is proven to be guilty. That's bothersome to me.

I agree the NFL should be taking a harder stance...for the guilty. The ones in limbo (the charged/accused)? Let it play out, until a verdict is reached. Then act from there.
                Sorry but no. The NFL doesnt have to wait until he is proven guilty teams can suspend players being charged. Teams in every league do it all the time. Businesses do it all the time. As long as they dont cut him/fire him they are well within their rights. Your standard is too ****ed high and is why colleges are being torn apart right now by scandals. You have any idea how hard it is to get a conviction in these cases? Ask a lawyer sometime or better yet, ask a victim. Add in a little bit of celebrity and it gets that much tougher. By your standard Ray Rice never misses a down of football.

You can have your standard and that is cool. Your standard is not what the rest of the country needs to live by and owners of sports teams who pay these guys millions of dollars should be able to hold out players they deem as not following a their code of conduct.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Serious question, if there is video do they need to wait?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                    Serious question, if there is video do they need to wait?
                    Hopefully if there's a video there's a charge.

I'm not wild about taking action against somebody solely on an accusation. Yes, a private entity has that right, but that's not the same as a should.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Point of order: he hasn't been convicted. I agree with you on convictions, but this case hasn't been heard yet.
                      Doesn't matter. In the court of public opinion, you're guilty without trial. And if you somehow prove your innocence, you got away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Hopefully if there's a video there's a charge.

I'm not wild about taking action against somebody solely on an accusation. Yes, a private entity has that right, but that's not the same as a should.
                        This.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Doesn't matter. In the court of public opinion, you're guilty without trial. And if you somehow prove your innocence, you got away with it.
                          Yeah, us guys are just so oppressed.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Yeah, us guys are just so oppressed.
                            World's smallest violin for white males.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              World's smallest violin for white males.
                              No. Not categorizing it. Simple statement of "innocent until proven guilty." This goes for anyone.

Comment

Sorry, but your employer is within their right to suspend you from operations if you've, "called the good name of the company into question, suspicion, or ridicule", innocent or guilty. I remember this going all the way back to Catholic school, which had the same policy for students.

Comment

Working...
                                X