X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 14: You People Make Me Sick

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Um, but in Roman numerals the Arabic concept of four, that is 4, is written as IV.

If you put a lesser value in front of a greater in Roman numerals you "do the math".

Another example: "IX" is 9.

That's what MNS was trying to show.
    You only do the subtraction to avoid 4 consecutive of the same digit (tigit?).

I
    II
    III
    IV
    V

You don't do IIV for 3. That would make Etruscan heads pop off.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Um, but in Roman numerals the Arabic concept of four, that is 4, is written as IV.

If you put a lesser value in front of a greater in Roman numerals you "do the math".

Another example: "IX" is 9.

That's what MNS was trying to show.
      Yeah, I understand that is what he was trying to show, doesn't change the fact that when each letter is looked at separately, it just happens to add up to 666. Add to that the meaning of the phrase matching that of the description of the Anti-Christ in the Bible and that would be enough for millions of people out there.

Add to those 2 facts, the Dagon Hat the Pope wears, that the Statue of Peter was originally the statue of Ju-piter and that pagans kissed the statues feet just like the Pope and other Catholics kiss its feet now.

Shall I go on? I could pull up over a 100 ways in which the Roman Catholic Church has been infected by Babylonian Paganism.

Shall we talk about where Easter Eggs being painted came from? The pagans used the blood of the first born sons they sacrificed to their pagan gods to paint the eggs, the eggs being a symbol of fertility.

Shall we talk about the big erect Richard sitting in the middle of St Peter's Square? You know that is what that is, right?

Where do you think the Title Pontifex Maximux came from??

Where do you think the School of Cardinals came from?

Why all the Halos above people's heads in paintings rendered by Catholics?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        IID is not 498. CDXCVIII is 498.
        I did say MNS was trying to show Roman numeral math.

Notice my examples are correct.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The minute FDF says "Nephilim" or "Annunaki" I'm gone.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
            Shall I go on? I could pull up over a 100 ways in which the Roman Catholic Church has been infected by Babylonian Paganism.
            Babylonian Paganism being the earliest form of the Mystery religions that captured the minds of so many people throughout history.

Egyptian Mystery religion basically patterned itself after the earlier Babylonian version. Later came Roman and Greek "Mythology" as we call it, and later still the Norse Mythologies.

There are even traces of the old Babylonian Mystery Religion found in Eastern religions and in North American religions.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
              ... the Mystery religions ...

Egyptian Mystery religion ...

... Babylonian Mystery Religion ...
              Gary?
              Gary Bell?
              Is that you buddy?
              I wondered what happened to you after 640 Toronto kicked you to the curb.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Gary?
                Gary Bell?
                Is that you buddy?
                I wondered what happened to you after 640 Toronto kicked you to the curb.
                Who is Gary Bell?

Weren't you taught that Roman Mythology and Greek Mythology were basically the same myths, just with different names for the characters??

Much has been written about the similarities between Roman and Greek Mythology and Norse and Egyptian Mythologies as well. So why would it be so strange to believe, especially when evidence dug up out of the ground shows it, that those people got their ideas from somewhere further back in history??

Comment

A-D-o-N-ai
                  A-D-o-N-is
                  O-D-I-N
                  A-th-e-N-a
                  A-th-o-N

Comment

The minute FDF says "Nephilim" or "Annunaki" I'm gone.
                    Just googled "Annunaki" sounds like it would make for some good movies. Give Tom Hanks a call. lol

Not saying it wouldn't be an interesting theory to read up on, just because all of those kinds of theories are interesting to me. But I'd go in with only a slight opening of mind. If you open your mind too far, your brain might fall out, lol. But if you close it completely, well, I bet we all here agree that being close minded is one of the worst things a person can be.

As for Nephilim, didn't they help Russell Crowe build the Ark?
                    Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 01-30-2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I don't think anybody here except maybe a couple Thumpers are ignorant of the fact that every religion is only a clone of the prior influencing religions with a fabulous makeover to fit the fad of the place and time of that particular society. The New Testament is cribbed from Mesopotamian grain god stories; the Old Testament isn't even a reboot, it's the actual old stories just vaccuumed up by the Jews and remade in their image, and a darn poor editing job at that. How could it be otherwise?

1. Religions are driven by deep human social and psychological wishes and fears
                      2. The human condition in pre-urban, pre-technological society has great commonalities
                      3. The specific details of the stories, the names and personalities and deeds of the gods, are fake
                      4. But they don't matter anyway -- the themes are all those stories are for
                      5. Those themes are the highest expression of human culture until we leave the Heroic Era and get art and literature

Religion is what Aeschylus, or Hamlet, or The Ring Cycle, or Moby Dick, or Superman look like before you have a highly enough developed culture to support civilization. It's completely false and also entirely true. The choice of the god can be at random, that means nothing. It's experiencing the limits (tragedy) and limitlessness (godness) of man that matters.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 01-30-2018, 05:40 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        The New Testament is cribbed from Mesopotamian grain god stories; the Old Testament isn't even a reboot, it's the actual old stories just vaccuumed up by the Jews and remade in their image, and a darn poor editing job at that. How could it be otherwise?

3. The specific details of the stories, the names and personalities and deeds of the gods, are fake
                        Well, I don't have such a dim view of the New or Old Testaments as you do, just a VERY dim view of what some/most people have done with the Bible, and what they have done in the name of religion.

But there has been a lot of evil atheists, too.

And then on the other side of the coin, there have been a lot of good Christians, along with good people of a lot of other religions, and also a lot of good atheists, too.

Maybe you don't see religion the way I do, but I see it as a tool. Give a hammer to a good man and he'll use it to aid in his efforts to build homes for the homeless, for example, and give that same hammer to an evil man, and he may use it to aid in his efforts to kill someone and eat their brain, for example. Same is true with religion, good people use it to feed the hungry and to build hospitals, etc., whereas evil people use it to molest children, to fool people into giving them money, and to drive people to kill their enemies for them, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Religion is what The Ring Cycle, or Moby Dick, or Superman look like before you have a highly enough developed culture to support civilization.
                          Just a side note, you do know that the original author of Superman was Jewish, and the Kent's in the original story were a Jewish couple. If you have seen any of the Smallville series, there is a ton of Biblical themes injected into dozens of the episodes. My guess is most or a lot of those were included because the original was also injected with lots of religious symbolism and/or interpretation. It was the author's sort of corny version of what he thought "The Messiah" could be I guess.
                          Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 01-30-2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

What the hell...

Last edited by Handyman; 01-30-2018, 07:39 PM.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              What the hell...
                              Same reaction I had

Comment

What the **** you guys
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X